Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Options
Jen0414
Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
You MUST try this, soooooo good!!! You have to eat it with a fork because it falls apart, but it's soooo good!!!

ingredients

■1/2 head of cauliflower (yield 2 cups after grated/food processed)
■1 egg
■2 oz finely shredded cheese of choice (use a medium-softness cheese like mozzarella, cheddar, colby jack, pepper jack, etc)
■3 TB nutritional yeast
■1 tsp minced garlic (from the jar or fresh)
■1 tsp dried oregano
■1 tsp dried basil
■1 tsp ranch seasoning
■1/4 tsp ground black pepper
■1/8 tsp ground sea salt
■toppings of choice (see directions)
directions

Notes: I did not use nutritional yeast or ranch seasoning.
I used parmesan instead of the nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a vegan cheese substitute,.

1.preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.grate raw cauliflower using a food processor or by hand with a grater. i am lazy and so i used my food processor–i pulsed until it reached a finely grated consistency.
3.microwave cauliflower for eight minutes and then let cool.
4.while cauliflower is cooling, prep your toppings of choice. choose a sauce (like marinara, pesto, barbecue, or alfredo), a cheese or two (feta, mozzarella, asiago, goat cheese) and your favorite toppings (sausage, chicken, pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, artichokes, onions.. okay, i will stop now!)
5.once cauliflower has cooled to almost room temperature, combine it in a bowl with the remaining ingredients (aside from the toppings, of course.)
6.spray a nonstick baking sheet or line with a silicone mat. (if you don’t own a silicone mat, you really need to get with it and buy one. they are the BEST.) spread mixture evenly on the pan so it forms a 9″ x 16″ rectangle.. give or take.
7.bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
8.layer sauce and toppings on baked crust.
9.place pizza back in oven until all the cheese is melted (if using cheese) and toppings are warmed through; about five minutes.
10.slice & eat immediately. enjoy!

Where I got the recipe http://mealsandmovesblog.com/2012/03/05/try-something-new-cauliflower-crust-pizza/, plus step by step instructions!!!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about this! Is the yeast a must?
  • daisy51981
    daisy51981 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jen0414
    Options
    I didn't use the yeast. Again it doesn't stick together. But it tastes great!!
    I used parmesan instead of the nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a vegan cheese substitute,.
  • kimmieMcF
    kimmieMcF Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried this and my 4 year old ate it. Yes, I tricked him into eating cauliflower!
  • Jen0414
    Options
    LOL, that's awesome.. It's soooo good!
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i actually made this this weekend!@! and yes its very delicious!!!!!! i had 2 slices and was full!!!!!!!
  • pittcurl
    pittcurl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG... I'm trying this as soon as I get to the store and buy more cauliflower!!!!