PMS Strategies?

Options
Does anyone have any ideas/strategies to help mitigate the hungry PMS monster?

Replies

• ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I give in a little bit. I give myself 100 calories or so extra on those days. usually devoted to DARK chocolate. It supposedly helps. Some will say extra exercise.... but i'm not one of those.
  • kao1114
    kao1114 Posts: 51
    Options
    Kettle corn is a great sweet/salty snack option. I drink a lot of sugar-free hot chocolate with some sugar-free flavored creamer during that time to satifsy my sweet tooth. Oh and DO NOT go near the scale until after - it is evil. :) Best of luck!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I tend to flee the general area until my wife is done.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Water, water and more water. Careful planning of all the meals. And a little chocolate each day!
  • JillHoff
    JillHoff Posts: 30
    Options
    60 calorie Jello Temptation Moose.... oh my goodness and I save it for after dinner... it is sugar free too!!
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Ugh, last month was sooo hard for me. I felt starving constantly. I would benefit from this as well.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I tend to flee the general area until my wife is done.

Smart man
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Kettle corn is a great sweet/salty snack option. I drink a lot of sugar-free hot chocolate with some sugar-free flavored creamer during that time to satifsy my sweet tooth. Oh and DO NOT go near the scale until after - it is evil. :) Best of luck!

YES YES YES.

I actually get these Snackwells fudge covered carmel corn packs.....130 calories per pack, and they satisfy my sweet/salty cravings pretty good when I need em.

And yes, avoid the scale.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    If I can eat a fairly high protien breakfast, I can usually get through, but if not it can get ugly. I'm currently reminding myself that just because I'm going to be over a little doesn't mean I should throw in the towel for the day and eat anything and everything. Good luck and avoid the scale, but don't take it as a liscense or excuse to take the whole week off.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Exercise - the more regular exercise I get - the better my PMS and periods are.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    - Protein
    - Water
    - Caffeine (I start taking Midol or Pamprin a day or so early to get the caffeine boost and diuretic effect)
    - Dark chocolate, fat-free chocolate milk, or diet hot chocolate
    - Work out
  • angie_sample
    Options
    i actually have to eat a little bit more the first 3 days of my period or else i get really queasy and my cramps get really bad. I dont weigh myself the week of my period just bc its natural to weigh a bit more during that time bc of bloat or whatever but i weigh in afterwards i still usually lose something or at least maintain.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    yummy - sweet and salty with chocolate. Definitely getting some of those!

[/quote]

YES YES YES.

I actually get these Snackwells fudge covered carmel corn packs.....130 calories per pack, and they satisfy my sweet/salty cravings pretty good when I need em.

And yes, avoid the scale.
    [/quote]
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nightmare for me each month, just before... I crave wheat and sugar so badly, and ice cream, chocolate, you name it, and at times get through a pretty large amount. I seem to get ravenously hungry too. I don't seem to gain much though, oddly, if I eat more during this time of the month.