Sixers Sweating It Off WK 1

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    OH OH ... I would love to take full credit for the "Sixers" description but I stole it. I cut and pasted most of it from the description given by PedalHound during our last challenge when someone asked what it was.

embarrassed.jpg

Maggie, I :heart: you!!!

smiles_409.gif
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    big love to you ladies... I've been with my brother in the hospital for several days (he finally went home yesterday but is still completely incapacitated) and before that was in the same hosp with a dear friend after she had a huge medical emergency DURING our long run Sunday. Luckily I'm strong and was able to carry her (yes, you read that right) to the hospital that happened to be on the same block we were running on. Her bp was 66/34 when we arrived and it has been a very difficult and dramatic week. A very dear friend of mine also had an mri last week to discover she'll need brain surgery to remove a mass. Very scary. Wanted to check in but life is keeping my time all booked up. Doing well with food and exercise until the drama this week (didn't run after sunday until this morning!) and food what what I could get, when I could get it at the hospital. Any healthy and well thoughts that you can send out to Victoria, BC would be much appreciated! xo
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    in my prayers pedal.....hope everyone will be alright. take care of yourself to give yourself strength to be there when needed.....another lesson i learned.

ohhhh so sorry welcome elaine :flowerforyou:

was having my daily talk with my high power today out driving. i need a tape recorder. but, some powerful thoughts came to mind. that while in my "down time" the comfort of the wrong foods was there, in the long run now it has added more stress and anger in myself, because i now have a bunch of extra pounds to take off. i am now living the life i have always wanted since i was a kid, except for the weight. i want to stop saying ""if only.""

well, need to get meat loaf in the oven. not sure when DH will be home so it's a quick reheat for him. making sweet potatoes to go with it and a salad.

later.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    was having my daily talk with my high power today out driving. i need a tape recorder. but, some powerful thoughts came to mind. that while in my "down time" the comfort of the wrong foods was there, in the long run now it has added more stress and anger in myself, because i now have a bunch of extra pounds to take off. i am now living the life i have always wanted since i was a kid, except for the weight. i want to stop saying ""if only.""

Cathy, that is powerful.

Rhiannon, oh (((hugs))) darling!!! You have been through the wringer this past little while! I hope your friends and brother heal and improve quickly. :flowerforyou: You are in my thoughts dear!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    big love to you ladies... I've been with my brother in the hospital for several days (he finally went home yesterday but is still completely incapacitated) and before that was in the same hosp with a dear friend after she had a huge medical emergency DURING our long run Sunday. Luckily I'm strong and was able to carry her (yes, you read that right) to the hospital that happened to be on the same block we were running on. Her bp was 66/34 when we arrived and it has been a very difficult and dramatic week. A very dear friend of mine also had an mri last week to discover she'll need brain surgery to remove a mass. Very scary. Wanted to check in but life is keeping my time all booked up. Doing well with food and exercise until the drama this week (didn't run after sunday until this morning!) and food what what I could get, when I could get it at the hospital. Any healthy and well thoughts that you can send out to Victoria, BC would be much appreciated! xo

Wow Pedal ... talk about having your hands full. My thoughts are with you, your brother, and your dear friend through all of this. Take care of you.
    11243.gif
  • Edjsmom
    Edjsmom Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello All!!!

Thanks so much for your welcomes! I have been doing good so far this week...yesterday I drank over 100 oz of H2O!!!! :noway: I also completed my workout yesterday which was really a hassle b/c I did it after work instead of before. I work second shift, so I did not get to workout until 1:45am. :ohwell: I had to bathe the little one, then put him to bed, because my DEAR DH doesn't like the task of doing so. I'm moving on to the second level of my workout today (if I can get to Target on my lunch break and buy a light resistance band). I'm excited!

Eating has been very good for me...sweets is my weakness...brownies, anything with caramel...you can put caramel on a saltine cracker and IMO that would be the best cracker in the world! LOL I've only had 1 1/2 cup of light ice cream this week. YAY!!! :happy:

I hope everyone is staying on top of your weight loss and fitness goals...this week is almost at it's end!

(PLEASE TELL ME IF I"VE POSTED MY INFO INCORRECTLY)

Elaine (Edjsmom) SW 234.5 / GW 225 / CW 234.5 PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Cathy SW 230.8 / GW 220 / CW PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Kristin SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS growing a baby sixer!
    AmyLou SW 153/GW 147/CW 153 PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Maggie (magglett) SW 184.5/GW 174.5/CW 184.5 PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Amy (amypyr) SW 152.4 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 152.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Lauryn.... SW 158.2 lbs/GW 156.0 lbs/CW 158.2lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps) SW 140.4/GW 135/CW 140.4 PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Amy(pdxmomof2)SW 200 lbs/ GW 188 lbs / CW 200 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Robin (pettmybunny) SW 184/ GW 180/ CW 184 Progress +/-0.0 lbs
    Tammy (derocco) SW 235.8 / GW 225 / CW 235.8 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm) SW193/ GW 185/ CW 193 PROGRESS +/- 0lbs

Melody (exorcize) SW 215 /GW205 /CW 210 PROGRESS - 5 lbs
    Martha (mjheinrich) SW 135/ GW 130/ CW 135 PROGRESS -0.0 lbs
    Rhiannon SW 179 lbs / GW 170 lbs / CW 174.8 lbs PROGRESS - 4.2lbs
    Melynda (mam885) SW 158lbs/GW 150lbs/CW 156lbs PROGRESS -2.0lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman) SW 157lbs /GW 150lbs /CW 157lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Nikki (nightshadow) SW 154/ GW 125/ CW 151 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hellos all around!

Rhiannon, sorry to hear about everything... keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.

Lauryn, a good casserole my kids love is "hockey style" mac-n-cheese. I think the real name might be chuck wagon mac, but DH renamed it when the 14 year old was 3 and wouldn't eat anything new. But he liked hockey, so he'd eat it if it was hockey style. Anyways, I brown 16 oz ground turkey (or beef) and a chopped up onion. I also throw in 2 to 3 cups of corn and let that cook at the same time in the same pan (you could use mixed veggies if you prefer). While that's all cooking, do a box of mac-n-cheese (I only use 2 tbsp unsalted butter, instead of 4). When the beef, onions and corn is done, add a 6 oz can of no salt added tomato paste and stir well, along with the prepared mac-n-cheese. Season to taste, I usually add pepper and garlic powder. We used to dump shredded cheese over the top, but now wait until we serve it, and sprinkle a little over it. Doing it this way, I can use my reduced fat cheese, the kids can add taco cheese, and DH can add whatever he wants. Anyways, figuring out the calories for it, I came up with 380 calories per serving, dividing the casserole into 6 servings. This is not including the sprinkling of cheese over the top.

Cathy, hang in there, we've all slipped, and we've all just barely hung on, and we've all come back to our senses eventually. Yes, it's frustrating to see the ground that's slipped by, but at least you're back to it, or working your way back to it. You CAN do this!

Welcome Elaine! It looks like you've got your info on correctly. I can't imagine trying to work out at 1:45 AM! What do you do at that time of day? I'd be afraid I'd wake up everyone in the house with my jumping around:laugh:

Anyways, I ended up doing week 4 day 1 today. Yup-- the 5 minute intervals killed me. I could only do 4 before stopping, but I added a couple of minutes on at the end of the podcast to make up for it. DH did give me a nice compliment when I came home and was telling him that I couldn't complete the interval-- He said "It must be really hard then, because you're so stubborn you'll stick with anything just to prove you can". Well, I'm sticking with the program... eventually I'll get there!

Last night, we took my parents out for a belated Mother's Day/Father's Day dinner. We went back to the irish place. I had bangers and champ (sausages and mashed potatoes). The sausages just tasted like brats, but ooooohhhhh, the mashed potatoes were to die for! I brought home about 2/3 of what they served, thinking I'd get 2 lunches out of it. Nope. I ate it all this afternoon. I don't even feel guilty about it! It was yummity. Better I think (sometimes) to just be bad once and get it all done, than to keep having a little bit every day. I can just imagine the sodium and fat in those bangers and champ...
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Rhiannon - hang in there dear, we will all be thinking about you!!

Cathy - sounds like you had quite the revelation, good for yo!! :drinker: As for the man front that you mentioned in an earlier post, we're still working on it. :wink: Things kind of get better and worse, better and worse but I guess we will see when we are both back in the same town in a week or so to start school again.

Elaine - Welcome!!! We are so happy to have you!!

Maggie - where do you find all these cute cartoons and pictures to add? I love them!!

Robin - That casserole sounds yummy!! (as do the mashed potatoes which don't worry, i would have finished off too!!) Sounds like we are in the same place with C25K!! That Week 4 Day 1 killed me too. Are you going to move on or repeat that one again? Let me know how you're doing and we can check in on each other's progress!!!

Well, I finally have a saturday without a lot to do. (well there's a lot a should do but nothing that HAVE to). I have one week left on my internship this summer and my coworkers had my farewell get together last night because not as many people will be around next Friday. It was really sweet of them.

I've been trying to get back on track but between the drama with the boy and completely and utterly changing my mind about what I want to be when I grow up....I've been a bit stressed. :ohwell: After 6 years of school for the same thing, 6 after this year that is, and with this one year left to go, I realized that I don't think I will be very happy if I continue on my same career path. Through my research assistantship that i had at grad school this past year, I realized in working with my adviser to edit manuscripts and correspond with editors and the like that I may have missed my calling. The more I think about it, the more and more I know i was meant to be in the publishing industry as an editor. Trust me, I did not take this revelation lightly and have been actively researching what my options are with my seemingly useless degrees. There are a couple of programs at major publishers that allow you to rotate through and find your niche that I will apply for while also applying for health administration fellowships and jobs for post-graduation, so my options are open, even if i have to work in healthcare for a few years and make the transition to the publishing world later.

So yeah, I guess that's my big news/stress for this challenge. :indifferent: still have a lot of thinking to do and I've been speaking with a lot of my mentors and friends about it as well so that has been helping.

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday and weekend!!
  • magglett
    Options

Maggie - where do you find all these cute cartoons and pictures to add? I love them!!

I've been trying to get back on track but between the drama with the boy and completely and utterly changing my mind about what I want to be when I grow up....I've been a bit stressed. :ohwell: After 6 years of school for the same thing, 6 after this year that is, and with this one year left to go, I realized that I don't think I will be very happy if I continue on my same career path. Through my research assistantship that i had at grad school this past year, I realized in working with my adviser to edit manuscripts and correspond with editors and the like that I may have missed my calling. The more I think about it, the more and more I know i was meant to be in the publishing industry as an editor. Trust me, I did not take this revelation lightly and have been actively researching what my options are with my seemingly useless degrees. There are a couple of programs at major publishers that allow you to rotate through and find your niche that I will apply for while also applying for health administration fellowships and jobs for post-graduation, so my options are open, even if i have to work in healthcare for a few years and make the transition to the publishing world later.

So yeah, I guess that's my big news/stress for this challenge. :indifferent: still have a lot of thinking to do and I've been speaking with a lot of my mentors and friends about it as well so that has been helping.

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday and weekend!!

Hi Amy ... as for changing your career path ... WOW Eh? How very exciting. You have to follow your heart. If you do what you love for a living then its like you never work a day in your life. I'm very excited for you with this new venture, I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep us posted.

And as for the graphics ... I kind of steel them from the net ... and my dear friend Lauryn taught me how to post them properly (Thanks to you Lauryn). I think they're a fun way to communicate.

goodluck_3.gif
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hey Amy! Good to see you again. I'm doing the podcasts made by Nicole Baum. She makes a different one for every run, so the music is always different. But, she usually cuts out one of the shorter intervals. Yesterday, the podcast had the first 90 second interval, then the 5 minute run, then a second 90 interval, and a second 5 minute run. I think c25k has it set up to be 2 90 second intervals, then the 5 minute run, a walk, then repeat all the intervals. So, what I do is the 3 gonicole podcasts, then follow up with Suz's podcast for the week, which follows the cool running program exactly. I'm hoping that it gets easier as I go, otherwise I'll repeat the week. I had to repeat week 3, but my second run on the repeat week I doubled the podcast and ran twice as far. So, I skipped the 3rd run for week 3 and moved ahead.

Gosh, in rereading that, I think I confused myself! Hope you understand though:tongue:

Scary to change career paths this far in, isn't it? Of course, I'm 38 and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, lol. I've been talking a lot with my oldest, he's going into 10th grade this fall. Asking him if he's got any aspirations or plans... He wants to be a video game programmer. He sees those stupid commercials where the 2 guys are playing, talking about how they should put in sound effects blah blah blah, and thinks that programming is just like that. All fun and games. DH is a programmer, and we've tried to explain that it isn't like the commercial at all... lol... I guess my son will figure it out eventually...

Anyways, I measured myself this morning, I haven't done that since May. I've lost over an inch in my waist, a half inch on my hips, an inch from my bust (I measure my chest directly under the girls) a half inch from my neck, 3/4 inch from my thighs, and about a half inch from my upper arms. I was pretty pleased to see the inches dropping, since my weight hasn't dropped all that much.

And now, I must get ready for my day, oldest has drivers ed this morning at 11, and I'm going to go tan and work out while he's there. So, I must eat and get dressed. Luckily I can be scummy and not shower, can just pull my hair back for now... lol Have a great day ladies!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    evening guys.....
    did a quick scan and sounds like everyone has something on their plate at the momment.

busy day for me. finished putting up the back privacy fence this morning. been wanting another dog to walk with. been looking and not finding nothing. today went to spca and found an american white shephard. she is 1-2 yrs old. so freiendly, needs to gain about 20#s. she was a stray. will be finishing the rest of the fence next weekend. tomorrow we are expecting DH's mother to show up and take him out for his b-day on monday. her M.O.
    so don't know if i will be back tomorrow.

have a great weekend. i am tired and she is finally settling down for the night. need to take her out for last time and crate her for the night.

n ight
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi there gang. I just wanted to tell you all that I went and got myself a Heart Rate Monitor. It's a Suunto t3c. It apparently does everything but make dinner for you. I'm excited ... and I'll be even more excited when I've figured it out. Wish me luck my friends. It's at times like this I wish I was a Tech Geek.

7167ce21-f351-442d-ba32-3c09abd190af.jpg
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Hi ladies, happy Sunday evening.

I rarely log calories on the weekends. It's not a great habit but I tend to eat out more on the weekend, making it hard to log.

Today, I've had my regular morning coffee, sushi for lunch (OOOOOH YUM), and a salad for dinner (don't let the "salad" part fool you into thinking that was healthy... probably 500 cals). Overall not a terrible calorie day though.

At home, unwinding and relaxing (or trying to) now. Watching Megan from Rock of Love on her own show. My guilty pleasure are occasionally catching these smutty reality shows. They are so dumb!

Ooooh, forgot -- I have toilets to clean. HAHA

Later ladies!!

xo,
    me
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hello Sixers! Wow has it been a long time since I was here. Please forgive my abrupt and long absence.

Wow! I have only had a chance to skim this thread, it seems that there is a lot going on.

Ladies-I fell off the wagon and I fell HARD!!! I do not know what happened. But bottom line, I have DEFINITELY gained all the weight back that I lost while I was active here, plus two pounds. I am so sick of this cycle. :explode: But I realize that they are my choices. I am not trying to blame them on anyone else.

So, on the recommendation of a friend, I bought and read the book "Skinny *****"(sorry if that offends anyone). Wow! Some eye-opening stuff in there. Now, I am not sure I can be completely down with that whole vegan thing as I am a true Southern girl at heart, but, I would at least like to try some new things so that I can be healthier, thinner, happier! So, I heard so many good things about JM 30 Day Shred on here before I left, that I bought it and will be starting with that for my exercise. I start TOMORROW! I NEED accountability. I cannot continue to treat my body the way I have for so many years.

Now, to catch you up, we moved just three weeks ago to the Des Moines area, which is just 2 hours south of where we were. My husband took a new job, he is fully time wth the Iowa Guard on the 71st Civil Support Survey Team. It is sorta Homeland Security/WMD stuff. We are living in apartments again, which seems odd considering we both just celebrated our 29th birthdays. But, I am happy. I will be working from home still for Harley-Davidson of Mason City. We moved here on July 22 and on that same day, our 8 year old daughter broke her arm. Brian (DH) left on Sunday, Aug. 2 for Ft. Leonard Wood MO for two months of training so it is just me and the kiddos for a bit and school doesn't start until the 27th . UGH!!! But, it is good and I feel that this move was totally orchestrated by God. Things are going fairly well.

Anyway, so sorry for rambling on and on. Can someone brief me on the details of this challenge, please? I so missed you ladies. I am excited to catch up! I will copy and paste the weight list here in a bit. Thanks ladies!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Cathy SW 230.8 / GW 220 / CW PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Kristin SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS growing a baby sixer!
    AmyLou SW 153/GW 147/CW 153 PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Maggie (magglett) SW 184.5/GW 174.5/CW 184.5 PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Amy (amypyr) SW 152.4 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 152.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0.0 lbs
    Lauryn.... SW 158.2 lbs/GW 156.0 lbs/CW 159.8lbs PROGRESS +/-1.6 lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps) SW 140.4/GW 135/CW 140.4 PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Amy(pdxmomof2)SW 200 lbs/ GW 188 lbs / CW 200 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Robin (pettmybunny) SW 184/ GW 180/ CW 184 Progress +/-0.0 lbs
    Tammy (derocco) SW 235.8 / GW 225 / CW 235.8 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm) SW193/ GW 185/ CW 193 PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    Katie (kge8580) SW 181/ GW 170/ CW 181 PROGRESS +/- 0lbs

Melody (exorcize) SW 215 /GW205 /CW 210 PROGRESS - 5 lbs
    Martha (mjheinrich) SW 135/ GW 130/ CW 135 PROGRESS -0.0 lbs
    Rhiannon SW 179 lbs / GW 170 lbs / CW 174.8 lbs PROGRESS - 4.2lbs
    Melynda (mam885) SW 158lbs/GW 150lbs/CW 156lbs PROGRESS -2.0lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman) SW 157lbs /GW 150lbs /CW 157lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    Nikki (nightshadow) SW 154/ GW 125/ CW 151 PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Hi Katie!! We missed you!! :flowerforyou:

I gave birth to my kiddo at Ft Lost in the Woods 4 years ago this coming Saturday. :bigsmile: I know that yucky place well! :laugh:
    I hope Des Moines is the place for you guys! I'm back in an apartment after celebrating my 28th, so I know what you mean about it feeling weird but I'm sure enjoying no grass to mow and a pool to use.
    Glad to see you back. You'll have to read the threads to "meet" all the newbies!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

welcome back katie....
    late this morning saying hello. was at the GYM. felt good.
    not much time right now. need to get a vet appt for new dog, changed her name to gracie.

back later
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Cathy, good for you, going to the gym! I will be back there tonight for a spin class myself. :bigsmile:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Thanks Lauryn and Cathy! BTW, Lauryn, I can't believe all the stuff I am reading about your ex. I am so sorry that you have to put up with this stuff. But, I want you to know that if you really truly believe that your marriage can be saved and that is what you want to go for, I would never judge you for that and would totally support you, for whatever that is worth. Also, you are SO right about the no grass to mow, and in my case (in a few months) no driveway or sidewalks to shovel! Yippeeeee!!!!!! :happy:

Cathy, well done, already been to the gym. I have to get my butt off of here and start the SHRED. Today is day one!!!

I SO missed you guys!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Progression pictures! From the beginning...

14 weeks
    Belly14weeks.jpg
    15 weeks
    100_2842-1.jpg
    16 weeks
    2582_60313401177_701036177_1479180_.jpg
    17 weeks
    3101_70094526177_701036177_1533813_.jpg
    18 weeks
    3101_70096811177_701036177_1533826_.jpg
    19 weeks
    3101_72813826177_701036177_1561331_.jpg