What's your goto snack/treat when you're craving CHIPS?

Options

Replies

• GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make my own chips with the TopChips potato chip tray.
    It comes with a potato slicer and a special tray.
    The tray holds about 18 chips.
    Once you slice 18 chips, you dry them on a paper towel, add whatever seasoning you want, and then put them on the tray and pop them in the microwave for 3 minutes.
    I was skeptical at first, but the chips turned out crispy and wonderful.
    Only about 33 calories for 18 chips vs. 240 for a snack bag of Lays.
    Got it at Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/Mastrad-A64601-Chips-Maker-Slicer/dp/B005AV0RVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332969690&sr=8-1
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thin Wheat Crackers
    Salt and Vinegar chips
    Uh...small amounts of chips?
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat...

Get this..

*drumroll*

Chips.

Go on and judge, I don't care.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Mini flavored rice cakes. My fav is caramel. Can have 16 of them for 120 calories.

Whoa! That's....that just sounds unrealistic. I need to find those. So, there almost 8 calories per rice cake if you eat 16...
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I usually use Popchips- love the sour cream and onion or the jalapeno, really want to try the sweet potato. My mom just introduced me to Food Should Taste Good: Sweet Potato flavor- I have decided these are EVIL! They are very very good and I could easily eat an entire bag (the large one not the single serve).

*edited to add the Special K Multigrain Crackers - Yum!
  • JennL418
    JennL418 Posts: 40
    Options
    When I crave chips, I have chips. I usually just buy the reduced fat cape cod chips in the 100 calorie prepackaged bags.
  • maethoriel
    Options
    Kale Chips !! Or wonton wrapper chips lol http://sweetnicks.com/weblog/2009/04/baked-wonton-chips/
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Popcorn or kale chips as others have suggested!
  • DistortedButterfly
    DistortedButterfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    raw veggies
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I absolutely love any flavor of veggie crisps.
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    A 100 calorie bag of Cape Cod chips. Yum.
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Roasted potato wedges.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    freeze dried apples...nice and crunch...chip like. My favorite brand is the Kirkland freeze dried fuji apples from Costco. Only 35 calories per serving.

i also love popcorn.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love blue Diamond rice crackers with just sea salt, they are so crunchy they really satisfy a craving for chips.
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nuts, Triscuits, pretzel rods, Pirate's Booty, or sometimes I just budget my calories for real potato chips.
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I go for Kathy's Krackers flax seed crackers - they have a great crunch!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My awesome girlfriend got me loving Whole Foods Market, and they carry a product called Way Better Snack Chips made by Simply Sprouted. Not a bad snack at all, in moderation.

She must be one hell of a girlfriend !!!!! Lucky gal .... or is it you that's sooo lucky ???? After all it is her Whole Foods Honey Roasted Peanut Butter ... you ALWAYS eat now !!!

I bet she adores you ... just sayin' ;)
  • mamaw322
    mamaw322 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just discovered Special K cracker chips today! Awesome!
  • caviarblack
    caviarblack Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sesmark rice crackers with a wedge of garlic and herb Laughing Cow and cucumber slices!
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    buy the small lunch size bags if you have to have them. If you deprive yourself you will go hog wild on a bunch of em then feel guilty. Eat with them a stalk of celery for a filler and it helps that "crunchy" craving you are used to and helps you fill up on fiber.Work that in your meal plan/calories. I have chips with my subway (baked) and sometime regular. take servings like 1 oz. I think is about 10-15 chips at aprox 160 cal..If you still feel guilty about it go excerize. tell yourself if I eat these i need to burn some off. with me when I crave something, nothing will do but what I crave. In time, those cravings subside.:love: