stretch marks on legs?

Options
if i have stretch marks on my legs, does that mean that it's possible for me to lose inches in those areas? it just seems like a logical conclusion because i must have gained weight there, so therefore there's something to lose. but i know it's typically hard to lose lower body fat, so i'm a little confused.

Replies

• llllnn
    llllnn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bumping my own thread, sadly
  • bipolaroutloud
    Options
    It's totally possible. You are right, stretch marks, means you've gained something their and if your feeling overweight, it's probably fat. The good news, if you eat right and focus on cardio for allover fat loss, then also work on strength training to build muscle in those place, the fat will eventually fade away and you're gain hopefully cellulite free muscle instead. As far as getting rid of the stretch marks, sometimes they fade over time, sometimes not, there are creams and such, but I've never know them to be very effective.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    This may seem far fetched, but it could be that you are still growing. It might have been your last little growth spurt!

The good news is that if you do have extra fat on your legs, that is an area that I have noticed responds really well to strength training! (Unlike your belly, which won't go away no matter how many crunches you do if you don't lose weight, too.) Get on the elliptical, go running, etc. These are all "cardio" type activities, but they rely on your legs. You will burn some calories and strengthen your legs right up.
  • llllnn
    llllnn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you both for answering me! hopefully i can lose that fat; i don't particularly like having stretch marks but it's hardly a crisis :-)
  • tammysl4
    tammysl4 Posts: 25
    Options
    When I was pregnant I must have gained in the thigh area. Now every time I loss weight I can see the stretch marks even more. My choice is to stay big or learn to live with my stretch marks. I choose the later:wink: