are there 5'5 girls with 40-50 lbs loss?

Options
amy_marlene
amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
i would be so greatful to hear your weight loss story :))

Replies

• Chrissy979
    Chrissy979 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" trying to lose 40-50 lbs, just starting out though,but I'm down 8lbs so far! It's hard you expect after a few weeks of being so good that the weight is just going to drop off...that's when I have to keep thinking to myself that the weight wasn't put on in a few days so it's not going to come off in a few days!
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 5.
    SW-202(Jan 2012)
    CW-172
    GW-135
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Its hard :( lol
  • CatherineMH
    CatherineMH Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5". My start weight was 206 (although I'm sure I went a couple pounds heavier -- just stopped weighing). As of today, I'm 168. So I'm getting pretty close to the 40 lb mark.

As for my story, I've taken almost a year to lose the 40 pounds. I didn't really start trying until about 5 months in. Before that, I was exercising some, but still binge eating. I have rough spots here and there where I go off the lifestyle for a couple weeks, but have always gotten back on track. I see the most success when I eat 1500-1800 calories and get in regular exercise.

I'm 18 pounds from my first big goal -- 150! :)
  • hoffman1990
    hoffman1990 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'm actually 5' 4" and 3/4. i lost 26lbs since jan 2. 2012

sw 207
    current weight 181
    goal weight 140

some weeks even when i work hard, i don't lose anything. 2 1/2 weeks ago i started a gluten free diet. lost 5lbs that week. i am thinking about weight training starting april 1. a little nervous about weight training because of all the food i have to eat. i currently eat 1200 calories and eat back some of my exercise calories (all on hungry days). my goal is to lose 40lbs is july 1 for a cruise. the only frustration i feel is when i look at the scale. i hate that thing :/ but its necessary to keep on track.
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 and have managed to keep 40lbs off for a while now. I had lost over 50 before I had my son.

SW: ~180
    Weight before my son: ~130
    CW: ~140

I have before and after pics on my profile. Feel free to add me! :) Ive stopped trying to lose those last 10lbs (was told I looked too skinny at 130 anyway) but now Im trying to focus on losing fat and gaining muscle without gaining any actual weight.
  • webe492
    webe492 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not a loss... but a "to lose".... I am currently at 170lbs.... just went to the doctor for some hormonal testing.... and part of the results were that I need to lose 40lbs!! HOLY COW!!!

I am 46 years old and that sounds like a huge number!! I do exercise - I try to make spin class 3x a week and I have just started pilates 1x a week.....

Watching the scale move so slow is going to be SO HARD!!

I love this website!!

We can do it!!!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'5 and I lost 53lbs :)

I believe in making baby steps. It took me 2 years to lose 50lbs and because I did it slowly my skin kept its firmness and I changed my whole lifestyle, it wasn't a fad! I thought I could do it in a month or two but when you do your research you realise that if you do it that way, it will come RIGHT back on, with some extra weight to boot! You must practice patience to succeed as so many have done on here and all over the world.

I started by still eating crappy food (processed, high sugar, lots of ingredients on label, fast food, NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE) and I lost weight doing this but keeping to 1300 calories, but I was always STARVING and it wasn't maintainable. My body wasn't getting the nutrients it needed.

Very gradually, I changed things. I cut out diet soda over time. I started to incorporate fresh fruit and veg into my diet, and lean protein and wholegrains.

Next step was learning how to cook! That has opened up a multitude of possibilities and really helped me to lose weight, I had control over exactly what was going into my food.

Finally, I gave up milk (switched to almond milk or soy milk) and gave up meat products (still eat the odd bit of fish) and my health has taken such a huge upturn.

Now, I understand my body and what it wants...I can tell if I'm really hungry or if I'm just having a craving. And of course I make sure to indulge cravings and incorporate things from my 'BAD FOOD/BINGE FOOD' list daily as otherwise I'll want them so much that I'll go out and buy a heap of junk, lock myself away and eat it til I'm on the verge of puking! Which of course I've come to realise is so self-sabotaging and counter-productive.

Tips - drink green tea/herbal teas when you think you want some food...if after 20 minutes you're still hungry but you're not due a meal, eat some fresh or dried fruit or drink a low-cal soup like miso or a broth! That really helps. And chew sugar free gum! And eat every three hours (keeping to your myfitnesspal calories...I only joined but I always eat back my exercise calories and it has finally jump-started some weightloss, 6lbs in a week and a half!)

I lost the weight by going to the gym a lot then slowly incorporating walking to make it to 10,000 steps most days (about 7km for me)

Now I lift light weights too, to try and tone my muscles and increase my metabolism!

xxx

See my page for more before/after pics and add me as a friend!

19770818_746.jpg
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I've lost 33 ish pounds! Please feel free to add me as a pal....highest weight was 163 and am down to 131.5!
  • iamkateiam
    iamkateiam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'4, but I'm pretty close! Over the past 4 years, I've lost 100lbs. I've got about 40 more to go to get to goal. I've been stuck on a plateau for the past 6 months. I joined my fitness pal in an effort to change things up and start losing again. The biggest thing that's helped me is trusting that it's working- even if it takes time. A long time. Feel free to add me as a friend and check out my pictures!
  • lushunn32
    lushunn32 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I'm down a total of 11 pounds seems like I been stuck for awhile but I believe that I will get there. I'm shooting for 150 but would like to loose 30 pounds by my birthday in June will see how this goes. You can add me I'm on here everyday trying to learn new things
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm 5'5"
    Beginning weight: 260 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: 135 lbs.

I lost quite a lot before finding this website but the principles have remained the same - counting calories and regular exercise. What I've found useful is that I can treat myself (occasionally!) on pizza, chocolate and all the naughties I love to eat. I simply accommodate the calories for them. As such, this has been relatively easy to stay on because I don't feel deprived or punished. Using MFP really helps me monitor that and still be able to drop the weight. I do cardio six times a week and strength training twice weekly.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I've lost almost 30 pounds, but I need to lose another 40 or so! :)

Feel free to add me!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"
    SW 210
    Joined here Jan 18/12 @ 206
    CW 188
    Goal 150

I eat about 1500-1600 calories a day, I do cardio (40 mins) 6x per week, I also walk 50-60 mins 3 times a week and weights 3x a week. I eat back a 1/4 of my exercise calories. I've been losing between 1/2 to 1 lbs per week.

I started with 20 mins of cardio, and I found out that I love long walks with the ipod, I walk at a brisk pace for about 6km. Baby steps, and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip (we all do).
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm 5'5.

MFP starting weight: 188
    Goal weight: 145
    Current weight: 139.5

Next month will be my one year anniversary on MFP. I lost 25 pounds the first three months and then stalled until January when I lost the last 24.5 pounds. I can attribute this year's weight loss to Jillian Michaels though. :)
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am closer to 5'6 but I'm trying to lose between 40-50 lbs. So far I've managed to lose about 17 and it's taken me 2 and a half months.

SW:196
    CW: 179
    GW:150

Add me if you want support!
  • ksquared0710
    ksquared0710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    First, ladies - you are all amazing! It was really great to see the success you all have had!!!

Anywho - I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've lied so much on my driver's license about my height that I had to figure out how tall I actually am - turns out I'm 5' 5 1/2"!

I've only lost 13 but I'm trying to stay aroudn 1350 in calories. My diary is public and you can certainly friend me. I run 3 times a week (trying c25k - starting week 4 on Sunday) and lift 3 days. I usually take my day off to do P90X stretch. While I don't have a huge weightloss number, the nsv's are just as exciting. I've got 25 more pounds for a healthy weight (currently 175) and 35 for my goal weight.

:)

Good luck!
  • vanjiu
    vanjiu Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 5'5". I've lost about 35 pounds so far since September 2011 (now=March 2012). I have 25-45 left to go. Can't believe I am at a size 12 weighing 174.5 pounds! I couldn't do it without the gym or without a change in my grocery-shopping/cooking. Lean protein, broiled or baked, no more fried or deep fried (8ounces daily, fresh or steamed veggies (2 c daily), 3 fruits, 2 grains (light bread/bagel), 16 oz lowfat dairy, and a a little fat category (cooking spray, thinly spread peanut butter, a couple tbsp salad dressing)). This amounts to a LOT of food, and of course about 8 bottles of water a day...eating every 3 hours or so. This totally works! I feel SO much better and love wearing regular size clothes.
  • cassmonster
    cassmonster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and have lost 50 pounds and am STRUGGLING with the next 50.....since October I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds.....but I am determined to do it!!! Add me if you would like!!
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    height: 5'5"
    SW:247
    CW: 164
    GW: 135

I started on this journey August 2011 and I have lost 83 pounds. =)
    If you want, you can add me, please include a little message!
    Pictures and thoughts on my blog during my journey =)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MrsGreenTea703
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!