are there 5'5 girls with 40-50 lbs loss?

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Caramel
    Sweet_Caramel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and aiming for 125 from my start of 170.5. I started on MFP this January and have lost 18 pounds so far.
  • iamlottiebee
    iamlottiebee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", but at my heaviest I was 187lbs. I started a real focussed weigh loss mission at 176lbs and am currently sitting at 133lbs with my final aim to get down to 121lbs.

It's been a long process for me, and I've had to modify my strategy as I've gone along. At first, in mid 2009, I went to see a nutritionist and joined a gym, and lost 33lbs, I was at the high end of having a healthy BMI for my height, and looked and felt a lot better, but I wasn't really happy, as I knew I could do better. Then I sort of slipped a bit, and gained about 10lbs in the middle of last year. I knew I didn't want to go back to where I'd come from, and started calorie counting in November of last year and lost 6.5lbs. I joined here in January, and have lost another 15lbs since then.

This site has been really great for me, because while I "knew" weight lost is 80% diet and 20% exercise, I don't think I really knew how bad some of the food I was eating was for me - as far as being calorie dense, but not nutrient dense. So being able to check if something is worth eating before I eat it has helped me so much more than the guessing game strategy I had used before.
  • akgrown4
    akgrown4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.75" inches with a weight loss of 34 pounds since January
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    5'5" here...64 pounds lost. I still have about 30 more to go. I lost the 64 pounds in about a year. I do use a heart rate monitor to track my exercise, but no food is off limits, nor has it ever been. My exercise of choice is running.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am down just about 40lbs in 5 months! I seriously couldn't have done it without calorie counting and the support her on MFP. I still want to lose another 25 or so, so I'll still be here for awhile ;)
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5. I started my weight loss journey last march. I weighed in at *sigh* 220lbs. It was disgusting. I have since lost 38lbs with the help of Atkins and MFP. I still have a ways to go until I reach my goal of 130lbs. But I figure if I can lose the first 38lbs, I can lose 38lbs more. If you ever need a support buddy, I am here.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 and I want to lose 60 more lbs, I have already lost 20 but kinda fell off the wagon and now Im back at it logging and exercising again. Its tough going, I feel like if I even look at food I gain weight :noway: and then it takes forever for it to come off. But I really really want to stick with it and get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I have my annual in June and I want to shock the pants of my Dr! The last 3 years I have consistently gained every year, this year I want to have a big loss on the scale! Feel free to add me, we all need encouragement, and friends to help us over the bumps in the road! :happy:
  • bbkohn
    bbkohn Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have lost 51lbs over the past year. As long as I can remember I've been the "chubby kid," I was always a little bit heavier then my skinny brother and my clothes never fit the way they were supposed to. It took a huge emotional toll on me after all of these years and then last year I kinda looked in the mirror and decided that I wasn't happy and enough was enough. So I started a diet and lost 15 or 20 lbs and then once that diet's cycle was over i was at a bit of a loss and tired to do things on my own without this site and without even really being aware of what I was doing, I started to take some dangerous roads. I ate WAY too little and would work out like a maniac yet I only lost maybe another 10lbs before I really started to get well informed and changed things. I switched to healthier eating habits and started MFP and haven't looked back since. I now weigh 124lbs and for the first time I'm started to accept myself for all that I am. You'll get there eventually and it's going to really hard but standing at the end of the race makes you realize that it's all entirely worth it.
  • Gabbytenille
    Gabbytenille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'6 and my current goal is to get to 165lbs. I'm large frame. When I was 155 in high school I was at a bikini body but since then my body has changed a lot! Iv'e had a child and my boobs are way bigger than they were then. lol So when I get there I will see how I feel and if I want to lose more I will set a new goal. I'm shooting to loose as much as I can by the end of July just because it's my birthday.
    SW: 225
    CW: 204
    GW: 165
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and trying to lose 55 to 60lbs. I let myself go after my first 2 years of college and wish I hadn't! I'm at 193lbs (highest was 195, but I gained a lot from when I started MFP) right now...and I was a curvy 135-140 in college. I hope to get back to 140 or a size 9/10. I refuse to lose my curves...and I don't think it would be possible anyway lol!

It's hard. I won't lie. But it's soooooo worth it :-)
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and have 45 pounds to lose. The first 5 just fell off me, but now I'm at a standstill. Need to up the exercise.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Also, 5'5" first goal is 150 and then I will see where I can go from there. I started MFP at the end of Jan.beginning of Feb.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and have gone from 185lbs to 150...nearing in on 40lbs lost.

Here's what it looks like:

k68w8.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to message or add me :)
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5" and I have lost 45lbs to date. I would like to make it an even 50. I started this journey last March 1st and took off about 30lbs by the end of the summer. I have taken a couple of breaks since then. By breaks I mean, continuing to log and work out, but not being as crazy with it. I have managed to keep the weight off, plus lose another 15. As much as I would like to have reached my goal, I feel fairly confident that I will be able to maintain my weight loss when I do. I feel like I have changed my bad habits with healthy ones and I can live like this forever. That is actually more important to me then being at goal weight by a certain date. I know I will get there.

Good luck to you on your journey. Friend me if you want some support.

Michelle
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 & I barely start 4 weeks ago, down 9 pounds, offically hit the 180's (even tho its a high 180) stil counts :D

SW: 198
    CW: 189
    GW: 140-130

Im on a 1200 calorie intake exercising 5 days a week at least 30 minutes, been mostly keep track by miles tho. Its been going good, I give into my craving but not eating to much. portion control, eat alot healthier. gave up coffee & soda (soda most of the time)

But add me :D "lets do this together!"
  • sunnshnegrl
    sunnshnegrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with 41 more lbs to lose.

HW: 205
    MFP starting weight: 195
    CW: 176
    GW: 135

I've joined a couple of the challenges here and that seems to help keep me focused. I found MFP last year, used it for a couple of weeks and then stopped. I started back on Feb 1st and have lost 19 lbs since then. I love this site and the supportive people on here.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Vanessa
    5ft 6 in
    SW-183lb
    CW-142lb
    GW- 123lb

I started my lifestyle change in Sept 2011 following a 1200 calorie diet and working out 6 days a week for atleast 1 hour which includes 2 days of strength training .. I do allow my myself cheat meals 1 to 2 times a week so I dnt feel deprived .... It hasn't always been easy but I know I want to have a healthier lifestyle and feel good about myself for a change .. It took me 6 1/2 months to lose 41 lbs and I'm hoping to lose these last 19 lbs by the end of June ; ) ... Feel free to add me if u wish
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 5'5 and so far I've lost 58 lbs. I started on here back in December and I absolutely love it! But I began my journey before finding mfp, not sure if I'd have made it as far as I have without it. I am now halfway to my goal weight and have another 57 lbs to lose.
    CW:207
    SW:265
    GW:150
    feel free to add me if you want!

good luck to everyone on your weight loss journeys!
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you guys are AWESOME :)))
    congrats on your weght loss :)) and good luck to those who are still losing :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!