Frustration is setting in

Options
I am so frustrated with my lack of progress! I have been working out for 5 weeks now (religiously/faithfully) for at least 1 hour a day for 5 days a week without cheating and eating crappy food. I watch my calories and carbs. I drink 66+ ounces of water a day. Absolutely no soda. I've had some health issues for years with my thyroid - had it removed almost 3 years ago due to cancer. I've been told by doctors that I will always struggle with weight loss. I've never been real serious about losing weight before, but I am now. I have a wedding in California in August and my goal has been to wear a cute sundress without having to wear spanx. Just feeling frustrated beyond belief tonight!

Replies

• Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Aw :( I'm sorry love. Maybe its time to take a trip back to the dr.
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    How many cals do you eat?

Also, with about the same habits as you, it took me 5 weeks to shed my first pound! And now a month later I've lost 5 :) Slow and steady is the way to go!
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    Hard to help if your diary is private.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Really, I think yours is a situation where you will have to speak with your Dr. as far as developing a plan to get this under control. Obviously without a thyroid, you have quite a hurdle since it is implicated in weight control and in blood pressure along with several other important factors... On the plus side, I am told that Thyroid cancer is among the most treatable cancers there is.... Stay with it and see the doc.
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...I've been at it since the first of Jan.....My scale has been possessed by the DEVIL!! There is no way that I can weigh the number especial when I weighed 5 pounds less this morning…..how is that possible??? My eating is right on…..my exercise is killing me…..I’m hittin it 5 to 6 days a week and at least 2 times a week I don an evening cardio…gym partner are saying I’m melting….so why doesn’t the scale show it? I’m in my 3 or 4 week of burning 3500 calories and I exceeding that mark….I’ve taken on the March Step challenge of 10,000 steps per day and 5 of the 7 days I’m meeting or exceeding that goal…..WHAT’S GOIN ON!

P.S. my doc say my thyroid looks like swiss cheese...

4526527.png
    03Zlm5.png[/url]
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My husband had thyroid cancer and struggles to keep weight on. Perhaps your dose of synthroid is too strong. His doctor also told him not to buy the generic as there is contraversy over the reliability of the generic.
  • tequilabunny
    Options
    It took me quite a while to start seeing results on the scale. I actually was gaining when I first started going to the gym, so I didn't start seeing weight loss for at least 4 weeks. I was frustrated, but once I finally started seeing the results I was so excited. Just keep your head up and keep on it and you will start seeing results. :)
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I also had my thyroid removed. I struggled and couldn't lose weight and felt yucky UNTIL.... I had my Dr add T3! I swear it has been like a miracle. I feel better than I have ever. The weight is also coming off easy. I take synthroid 175mcg and 10 mcg of T3. You should have your Dr add it and see how it works for you.
    I have lost 30 pounds since the begining of January without major effort. ALL of my other problems have gone away as well. My hair even stopped coming out!
    I am having my vow renewal in August and was able to get my dream dress. T3 seriously. If your Dr wont let you try it I would suggest finding another Dr.
    Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I also had my thyroid removed. I struggled and couldn't lose weight and felt yucky UNTIL.... I had my Dr add T3! I swear it has been like a miracle. I feel better than I have ever. The weight is also coming off easy. I take synthroid 175mcg and 10 mcg of T3. You should have your Dr add it and see how it works for you.
    I have lost 30 pounds since the begining of January without major effort. ALL of my other problems have gone away as well. My hair even stopped coming out!
    I am having my vow renewal in August and was able to get my dream dress. T3 seriously. If your Dr wont let you try it I would suggest finding another Dr.

I agree T3 is a miracle ... I just started taking T3 in December. It was against my endocrinologist’s advice. I’ve been so systematic for so many years I had forgotten what good felt like…I’m so glad my primary doctor sent me to the Hormone and Wellness Center!

4526527.png[/url]
    03Zlm5.png[/url]
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I agree T3 is a miracle ... I just started taking T3 in December. It was against my endocrinologist’s advice. I’ve been so systematic for so many years I had forgotten what good felt like…I’m so glad my primary doctor sent me to the Hormone and Wellness Center!

4526527.png[/url]
    03Zlm5.png[/url]

It really is like a miracle. I feel wonderful! No more aches and pains, tiredness, grumpiness, irritation, I sleep great now and all of the other things that I thought I was just going to have to deal with are gone. My family likes me A WHOLE LOT MORE since I started taking it. I can definately tell the difference when I miss taking the T3. I was out for a few days, but still taking the Synthroid and I felt horrible. I tell everyone to try adding it and see what happens.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...I've been at it since the first of Jan.....My scale has been possessed by the DEVIL!! There is no way that I can weigh the number especial when I weighed 5 pounds less this morning…..how is that possible??? My eating is right on…..my exercise is killing me…..I’m hittin it 5 to 6 days a week and at least 2 times a week I don an evening cardio…gym partner are saying I’m melting….so why doesn’t the scale show it? I’m in my 3 or 4 week of burning 3500 calories and I exceeding that mark….I’ve taken on the March Step challenge of 10,000 steps per day and 5 of the 7 days I’m meeting or exceeding that goal…..WHAT’S GOIN ON!

P.S. my doc say my thyroid looks like swiss cheese...
    Have you been taking measurements? If your gym partners are noticing that you're looking smaller, it's very possible that you're losing inches, but not weight. The inches are more important, IMHO. There have been many, many examples posted in these forums of people who now weigh more than they did when they started but are fit and muscular as opposed to fat and flabby. There is a place to record your measurements where you record your weight.
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I weighed in on Friday and lost 1 pound! At least it's something...