Shopping Cart Pics (:

Options

Replies

• original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Saving this to My Topics.. Won't be able to post until friday, though.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I can't get much in this one...
    ShoppingCart.jpg

And this was just the start of the shopping trip... it got 'processed' real fast. :(
    ShoppingCart2.jpg
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    ShoppingCart.jpg

And this was just the start of the shopping trip... it got 'processed' real fast. :(
    ShoppingCart2.jpg
    That is a thing of beauty... lots of colour and not for the same reason that my trolley is colourful (artificial colours and E numbers lol).. looks great
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Why is it that supermarkets always have sales on the stuff I'm trying to give up... whhhhhy?... but never 2 for one on sugar snap peas or a roll back on broccoli.. damn those people
    HAHA I can see you're a Asda shopper too :)

Buahahaha! When you said "Rollback" I thought you were talking about Walmart here in the States.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    OH! And as for grits, I also didn't know what they were! To be completely honest, I'm Canadian and a lot of us thought they were fried endtrails from chicken this whole time! Thanks for clearing this up, I'm definitely less disgusted now!!

That would be fried chitlins.... :sick:
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a picture of my haul last night, simply because I was so tired and just wanted to put it away and go to bed, buuut here's a pic from a few weeks ago! :)

AwesomeFood.jpg
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a picture of my haul last night, simply because I was so tired and just wanted to put it away and go to bed, buuut here's a pic from a few weeks ago! :)

AwesomeFood.jpg
    the thought of frosted flakes and cold milk sounds amazing right now haha
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    ShoppingCart.jpg

ShoppingCart2.jpg
    cutest tiny shopping cart! haha
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Why is it that supermarkets always have sales on the stuff I'm trying to give up... whhhhhy?... but never 2 for one on sugar snap peas or a roll back on broccoli.. damn those people
    HAHA I can see you're a Asda shopper too :)

Buahahaha! When you said "Rollback" I thought you were talking about Walmart here in the States.

I just found out the other day from reading the Asda plastic bags (because i have that much time on my hands) that its part of the walmart family
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    well ive never taken a pic of my grocery cart, but this is a really fun idea!

Ive been shopping once a week so my carts are small now (i use to go only once a month).

my last store visit: strawberries, oranges, tomato paste, tomato sauce, 1% milk, fat free shredded cheese, tostinos baked scoops, romaine lettuce, baby carrots, mushrooms, apples, & salsa. think that was it. i wont mention the donut i bought LOL
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what malt o meal is... but i know porridge lol

haha.. its all good.. u could judge my trolley when I post a pick... :-p

I was about to post that you wouldn't know malt o meal- it is one of the food items I was bring back with me to Belgium from the US and it isn't even available throughout the entire US as I have learnt on a trip or 2

it's not like porridge as you know it either - because porridge in the UK is what Americans refer to as oatmeal

anyway for grits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

to me it is totally differen than malt o meal but really I guess cooking and consistency wise it's not all that different
    wikipedia says it is like polenta- again no, but somehow yes

think of a corn based groats porridge and there you have it - grits can be lovely if done right and horrid if done badly
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fun idea! I just got back from the store and dont see me going back before we move back stateside, so as soon as I get myself back into a real american grocery store, I will post pics! Im sure it wont be pretty though after 5 years of having a very small selection!
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did my shop yesterday but would face loved to post. would have had to hide the cheesecake behind the bunch of bananas though!!
  • dracoxesmaralda
    Options
    Cool idea! I will definitely snap a pic next time I do my shopping and you can all check out my groceries from New Zealand ;)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I buy most of my stuff at the farmers market, so no shopping cart - but here is a still life I did one day when I got back from the farmers market ;-)

5745074042_faa163a234_n.jpg
    Week 21 - Winter Table by .donelle, on Flickr
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

AwesomeFood.jpg
    the thought of frosted flakes and cold milk sounds amazing right now haha

Hehe that was my "bad" food choice that night. And they were enjoyed for almost a week and a half!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I buy most of my stuff at the farmers market, so no shopping cart - but here is a still life I did one day when I got back from the farmers market ;-)

5745074042_faa163a234_n.jpg
    Week 21 - Winter Table by .donelle, on Flickr
    that is gorgeous!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Cool idea! I will definitely snap a pic next time I do my shopping and you can all check out my groceries from New Zealand ;)
    excited!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea for a thread :smile:
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    lord my cart would get laughed off the page!. i do home daycare and feed up to 8 people (kids) aday bahah.... typical cart on a good week, (mind you i live in the middle of nowhere closest walmart is 25 min away... closest dillons or hyvee is 45 min away so we go shopping 1 time a week) 3 gal 1% milk, colby jack cheese cubes, several cans of fruit (canned in juice not syurp ) several cans of veggies (no salt added if i can find it ) 2 loaves of whole wheat bread, 7 yoplait yogurts (MINE) low fat lunch meats (turkey ham etc) a couple pounds of LEAN like 97/3 ground beef , various fresh fruits and veggies , whole grain pasta, pasta sauce canned crescent rolls, sliced cheese, cottage cheese (1%) , cheerios, and juice (juicy juice) and any ingredients i need to make recipes. I like prepacked stuff , and i think Im the only daycare in town who makes home cooked meals for my kids