Before and During (with pic)

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
I started in November of 2010 when my weight was approximately 220. By December, I'd gotten down to 218, but I knew I needed help to get me back to healthy so I joined MFP. Since then, I've lost approximately 39 lbs (currently at 179).

Unable to do much cardio because of a congenital heart issue, I mostly focus on weight training, light cardio, and eating under my calorie goal. I don't eat 6 meals per day very often. I don't take diet pills. I don't eat clean, but I do eat well. I enjoy eating even now. It's all about getting control over food, at least it was for me.

The real secret to weight loss isn't what you eat or how hard you work, but how badly you want it. Every single day, we all face challenges with bad choices and laziness. It's the desire to be better that gets you through it all.

For those of you who are thinking of giving up, don't quit. I fell off the wagon and gained 10-15 lbs twice along this journey, but I'm still going. Remember, this is not a race to see how fast you can drop the weight. This is something you live for the rest of your life so be patient. I hope you are all having a great day, and I can't wait to see you all on the healthy side of life shortly. :smile:

7026475131_6bfef461b3_z.jpg

Before:

Weight: approximately 220 (not really sure because I never weighed myself)
Pants size: 18W
Body Fat: 42%
BMI: 33.4

During (in pic):
Weight: 187
Pants size 14/16
Body Fat: 35%
BMI: 28.4

Current:
Weight:179
Pants size: 12/14
Body Fat: 31%
BMI: 27.2

Goal:
Weight: 150-155
Pants size: 4/6/8

Replies

• akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    that's pretty awesome =D
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Yay you! One of my most favoriteest friends!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderfull :) It does not have to be fast....it just have to be done. Hug
  • Heather7465
    Options
    that's awesome and you look great
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Lemon you are one of my absolute favorite people. You're a source of inspiration to me and others. You lift heavy and never give up. I'm so damn proud of you!!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Lovely transformation!
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started in November of 2010 when my weight was approximately 220. By December, I'd gotten down to 218, but I knew I needed help to get me back to healthy so I joined MFP. Since then, I've lost approximately 39 lbs (currently at 179).

Unable to do much cardio because of a congenital heart issue, I mostly focus on weight training, light cardio, and eating under my calorie goal. I don't eat 6 meals per day very often. I don't take diet pills. I don't eat clean, but I do eat well. I enjoy eating even now. It's all about getting control over food, at least it was for me.

The real secret to weight loss isn't what you eat or how hard you work, but how badly you want it. Every single day, we all face challenges with bad choices and laziness. It's the desire to be better that gets you through it all.

For those of you who are thinking of giving up, don't quit. I fell off the wagon and gained 10-15 lbs twice along this journey, but I'm still going. Remember, this is not a race to see how fast you can drop the weight. This is something you live for the rest of your life so be patient. I hope you are all having a great day, and I can't wait to see you all on the healthy side of life shortly. :smile:

7026475131_6bfef461b3_z.jpg

Before:

Weight: approximately 220 (not really sure because I never weighed myself)
    Pants size: 18W

During (in pic):
    Weight: 187
    Pants size 14/16

Current:
    Weight:179
    Pants size: 12/14

Great job! I was once over 220lbs too! Doing awesome!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look fantastic and you're a real inspiration :) Thank you for posting this!
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    THank you! Your advice was very inspiring to me right now...Good luck on the rest of your journey!!:heart:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - keep it up!!!
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    great job and thanks for you honesty! I think when people just tell it like it really is, it is so much more helpful. It says, "hey, she had bad days too, but look where she's at now" leading to the thought of "hey, she did it and so can I!" You've done wonderful things! Congrats ;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    great job and thanks for you honesty! I think when people just tell it like it really is, it is so much more helpful. It says, "hey, she had bad days too, but look where she's at now" leading to the thought of "hey, she did it and so can I!" You've done wonderful things! Congrats ;)

Yup. We are all human. We all screw up. Even those who are the most successful stories on here have days or weeks or months they screwed up along the way. I think we need to share more of that so people know not to give up when it happens.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look wonderful!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hard work = great results! Congrats!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I love your smile! You look so great and are always inspiring, I can't wait for more updated pics and more stories from you! You help keep me going here, thank you!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Great job! I was once over 220lbs too! Doing awesome!

You look amazing also :smile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE DONE SUCH AN AWESOME JOB!! I'm proud to have you on my FL.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You look sen-freakin-sational!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job. It's nice to hear someone say don't worry it's not a race... I am going so slow, sometimes I feel like I won't ever lose another pound as long as I live cuz it's been so many months since I did! But you're right, it's not a race and as your sister in the congenital heart issue camp, I understand that I may have to wait this thing out. It's nice to see someone succeeding and demonstrating the patience it takes sometimes. Keep up the great job and keep inspiring others, it's fun to watch you blossom and you're looking REAL PURDY in your pic too! Lovely!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    You are doing a great job. It's nice to hear someone say don't worry it's not a race... I am going so slow, sometimes I feel like I won't ever lose another pound as long as I live cuz it's been so many months since I did! But you're right, it's not a race and as your sister in the congenital heart issue camp, I understand that I may have to wait this thing out. It's nice to see someone succeeding and demonstrating the patience it takes sometimes. Keep up the great job and keep inspiring others, it's fun to watch you blossom and you're looking REAL PURDY in your pic too! Lovely!

*hugs*

Right back atcha girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!