MFP Activity Level Question

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with an activity level query. I work at a bakery where I am always on my feet. I spend a lot of time moving back and forth serving customer, plus cleaning, sweeping, mopping etc. On the other hand, I also spend some time standing and icing cakes and smalls. Would you describe my activity level as lightly active or active? I log all my other exercise.
Thanks.

Replies

• dreambig81
    dreambig81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..tough one Im tempted to say active?
    Im a sahm and spend alot of time sitting down-standing-sitting-standing etc and running/chasing toddler/fighting toddler to change diaper and I put lightly active for me as I do get to sit at naptime (aka now) but even if you are standing its alot and better than sitting so I say active
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i work in a deli and set mine at lightly active. even though im on my feet for 8+ hours a day running from one side of the grocery store to the other, moving 30+lb boxes and buckets, and cooking and cleaning, i figure that even if i did set it at active i still have the standing still time when making salads or deviled eggs.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    Thank you both. I currently have it on lightly active and I think I will continue with it on this setting. The way I see it is that I would rather slightly underestimate than overestimate. I think that the time I spend standing in one spot balances out with the other activities.