Starting C25K Monday, April 9th....

Options
Who's in? I have 10 days of the 30DS left, I'm taking Easter Sunday off, then jumping right in on Monday! Who wants to try this with me? :devil:

Replies

• phillieschic
    Options
    I'm doing it now...Week 3. LOVE it! Doing this program makes me SO proud of myself! Hope you love it too! Can't wait to hear your results!
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Completed w4 this morning. Its a great programme and as phillieschic wrote it really boosts confidence and make you feel proud of your achievements.
    Really enjoying this. I use the NHS podcasts.
    There are a couple of groups with others doing the C25K, good for motivation and tip swapping.

I hope you get on well.
  • neon8919
    neon8919 Posts: 46
    Options
    I was just on their website and I printed out the schedule. I wasn't sure when I was going to start, I was thinking about waiting until I hit 140. But post about how you are doing, I would love to hear about it.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just started this week! Well, actually last week, but I got sick and couldn't do all 3 days, so I started over. Already did my D2 this morning and feeling GREAT! Good luck!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! It's a great program!! I am on week 6 & LOVE IT!!!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    For those of you already IN the program, how to you keep time? Do you use a regular watch? A stop watch? I want to make sure I have everything I need to start before the day gets here...
  • phillieschic
    Options
    For those of you already IN the program, how to you keep time? Do you use a regular watch? A stop watch? I want to make sure I have everything I need to start before the day gets here...

I downloaded the app on my phone...it does all the work for you.
  • Tim249
    Tim249 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion for a phone app if you have a smartphone. Otherwise, I hear the podcasts are good.

I'm a big believer in letting the phone/ipod take care of the time. Just run until it tells you to stop, then walk until it tells you to run again. Staring at the time seems to make it feel like it goes forever (at least for me). And it also makes me more likely to say "well, I'll just stop running a little early this time..."
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my blackberry, and I love it! It works with my music too, so you can hear it tell you to "jog now" and "walk now" :). BTW: For those of you waiting to hit a certain weight before starting, I just wanted to share that I'm 165 now, and it's not too bad. It's not about how fast you are, but about getting you to run for the 30 minutes to start with. Once you've got that down, you can work on your speed. And I believe running is one of the best ways to help take the weight off. :) Happy running everyone!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've finished week 4, but am repeating it so I can do it at a faster pace before moving to week 5. Struggling a bit with shin splints but got some new shoes yesterday so hope to be able to continue!

I use the C25K Free app by Zen Labs and really like it!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I have the app on my blackberry, and I love it! It works with my music too, so you can hear it tell you to "jog now" and "walk now" :). BTW: For those of you waiting to hit a certain weight before starting, I just wanted to share that I'm 165 now, and it's not too bad. It's not about how fast you are, but about getting you to run for the 30 minutes to start with. Once you've got that down, you can work on your speed. And I believe running is one of the best ways to help take the weight off. :) Happy running everyone!

LOL...I'm bigger than 165. I would recommend getting fitted for running shoes at a high end running store BEFORE you start, rather than after you develop issues like I did.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!! Keep us updated!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am on Week 8 and use the Russel Ullrey's podcast from the Couch25k website and love them. It starts off with him talking about what happens in that specific week and then music and then him telling you when to walk and run! It takes all the guess work out of it :) I was able to download the podcasts right onto my phone...easiest thing ever!!