Knee Troubles

Options
I am having trouble doing some strngth training because of my knees . My knees are shot and the wear and tear of being over 200lbs doesnt help. I have the worst problems doing lunges and jogging after a little bit . Does anyone have any tips for someone with bad knees ?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Try using cream or liniments provided that it's not a serious issue.
    have you been to a doctor to have them checked out?

I wear knee sleeves, and usually apply something like icy hot to my knees.
    the sleeves keep them warm, and seem to reduce any pain.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have a bad left knee but it's been doing very well after 4 months of cardio on the stair climber. Biking also helps a lot. 60% of my strength training is done on an exercise ball -- flat presses and flyes, incline presses and flyes, as well as shoulder presses. It's tough but rewarding because your core has to do most of the work keeping the ball steady beneath you.
  • ChibiChi
    ChibiChi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First, if your knee is popping and grinding go see a doctor you could have a larger issue (that was my problem).

I wear a knee brace and also take a couple of aspirin after a workout. Keeps the pain at a minimum. I also found that when I added yoga into my routine it help strengthen and stabilize my knee cause much less pain.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ive always had dislocated knees so that has always been a issue , but 2 years ago i feel on ice and hit it knee first and fractured my knee.

I feel like my knees hold me back and that angers me :(

Im going to get a knee brace soon but unsure of which one to get . I see velcro onese and i see the little band things ...

Icy Hot is my bff :)
    Thanks for the tips