love at first sight--or first meeting?

Options
So...for those of you who maybe met your significant other online or perhaps just got incredibly lucky...did you "JUST KNOW" you loved the person almost immediately upon meeting them?

Did speaking to the person and getting to know them beforehand make you fall for them before meeting?

Did that first meeting confirm all the emotions you felt? Did you feel insane while growing through it (not literally...just a little uneasy about all of your feelings)?

Share your stories...PLEASE! :)

Replies

• sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Oh just give in and say it! you're smitten! you're excited! you have butterflies in your tummy when you think of him! :love: YAY MFP!
    And I believe in love at first sight, in a way. For me and Jon, after I met him I never once questioned or wondered if i'd be with him. I don't know why. We just fell into place and there was no turning back. Almost 4 years later and we're still going very strong :heart: :smooched:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Oh just give in and say it! you're smitten! you're excited! you have butterflies in your tummy when you think of him! YAY MFP!

^^what she said!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    and yes. I've been through it, and the first kiss was mind blowing!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    First meeting. We were friends for about 6 months first, but was SO hot for him. He tells me NOW that he knew right away that he was going to marry me, and that's why it took 6 months for us to start dating. He was hanging onto his bachelorhood for as long as he could! LOL
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    and yes. I've been through it, and the first kiss was mind blowing!

^^Ditto!!!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Yes, I've told my husband, the first time I saw him was in church. I was up in the choir singing & saw him sitting with a slight smile on his face. :love: I was smitten & just knew he was going to be my husband one day! I don't know how I knew, I just did. This was before we we even introduced! We have been happily married for 4 1/2 years now! :heart:
  • tamspat
    tamspat Posts: 23
    Options
    bump
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    The first time I met my husband I knew that I was going to marry him. :love:
    So almost a year to the day of us first meeting, we got married.:heart:
    It's amazing when you find your soulmate...:heart:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby online, we talked as friends there, then he asked for my phone #, he called and we talked from 10pm-5am... we met 4 days later....

I have to say, after we first met and I was looking at him, face to face and for some odd reason I thought to myself " I am going to marry this guy" , I had no interest in getting married again, had just divorced, but for some reason that came into my head....

I was completely smitten with him, overwhelming feelings mutually shared.... it was a quick fast and passionate romance....
    1yr later we married, it's been over 13yrs for us, still very much in love....
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It took me a few dates to "just know" but I pretty much suspected I'd met my sould mate within a month. It took me a few months to realize that she wasn't as physically attractive as I thought. And continue to think.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend through an online social site, not a dating site or anything... We knew each other for about 2 years before we ever met in person. We were very good friends and I really didn't plan on anything happening when we met... I live in Ohio, he lives in Louisiana. He invited me (and my best friend) down for Mardi Gras last year. We didn't immediately 'click' as far as romance or anything... But we all ready had a great friendship from talking nearly every day for a good part of 2 years. Anyway, things did eventually take a romantic bent and, even with the ridiculous distance, we're still together just over a year later. Right now we only get to see each other about every 6 weeks, but as of September, he should be moved up here and we'll be getting married. So, I guess you could say 'at first meeting' for us. lol I love him with all my heart and I think that the friendship we developed prior to meeting has really helped us, especially in the long distance situation. We both know each other pretty well because of it. It's not been easy, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the light gets a little brighter each day. :love:
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Met my boyfriend through a free online dating thing. Talked for a few weeks and for some reason all of my usual hesitations and excuses didn't get in the way. I invited him over for a bonfire/party (something else I wouldn't usually do) and we have literally been together every weekend since for the last 10 months. Zero hesitation. And I usually hate everybody ;)

Good luck, and follow your heart. I never believed in that crap before, but it actually does exist :)
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My first thought of my husband was "your kidding me" LOL ... and after about 3-4 dates he never kissed me so I was like what the heck... and than I was like if he don't kiss me, I'm out ... and than he pushed me up against a wall at the movie theater and kissed me that night (thank goodness)... turns out we were both waiting for each other... But it was defiantly not love at first site...
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online and we talked for about a month before we met. I was smitten with him online and when we met nothing changed. I would say I knew he was the one after a few months. We will be together 4 years June 1 :)
  • AshleyPic
    AshleyPic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think it happens pretty quickly... it took my fiance and I a few years to actually admit to each other how we felt, but from the first moment I met him I compared everyone else to him. And for some reason he would constantly pop into my thoughts and I would catch myself thinking about him all the time. Once we finally confessed to one another how we felt, it was all downhill from there! We have been going strong for almost 2 years.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    love these stories! :)
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I believe in love at first sight. I met my current girlfriend and future wife online as well. We used to talk on a political message board until we met for a message board "meet up" at a local club. When Ashley and I met, she shook my hand and I remember her taking a step back, I felt it too, but I wasn't sure of myself. I wasn't sure if she could feel that from me. So we sat down and had dinner and started talking to each other. I remember feeling like it was just her and I there, forgetting that there were 4 other people at our table. I was so silly I didn't even realize she was flirting with me :) We had talked about playing air hockey, something she said she was pretty good at. So she asked me "Chris, do you want to come play with me?" . LOL I remember being like "Oh ok, sure" LOL I was such a goof.

Anyways, the night went on and I remember thinking to myself that this was the most amazing woman I have ever met. I had tried to get her to go out with me after the group left, but she needed to get back to her kids. So as I was leaving I texted her and asked "Last chance, do you want to go out with me tonight". She responded "I wish :-)" . Two weeks later we went out again and had our first mind blowing kiss. It has gotten better EVERY day for the last two years we have been together. Now we are doing MFP together. I love you so much Ashley. :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    It was the second date for me.
  • LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We kind of knew each other from school but we were on opposite ends of a friendship circle and then he moved away so I didn't see him for around 7 years.

I saw him on a train one day and text my friend (I always said they should have babies together - long story!) and then when I broke up with my fiance a few months later, I added a bunch of people on Facebook (my ex never allowed me to have friends unless he knew them) and the friend I texted told me she was chatting to him online. I added him, and it took him forever to accept. I knew he was online because she was talking to him! He was playing poker! I'm a bit of a cheeky-cutesy person so I said "About bloody time!" when he accepted.

We talked on facebook for a couple of hours and then on MSN Messenger, just for ease. He asked for my phone number and I said "you'd better text me then!" so he sent a text, which just said "text".

We chatted on MSN and on the phone for a couple of days, until 3-4am and then he asked if he could take me out. We spend an evening debating over movies and 5 days after befriending on Facebook, we "re-met" on 24th January 2009. It wasn't love at first sight. I think I already knew I loved him from our MSN and phone conversations - we talked about EVERYTHING!! I didn't want the night to end and we stayed on the train until the end of the line!

A couple of days later I went to his place to watch a movie (full-length pyjamas and he left the room for me to change! Totally innocent!) and I heard him whisper something which sounded like "I love you" a few times but he obviously wasn't ready to say it aloud just yet.

On 31st January 2009 I told him I loved him first. It just came out and I could have killed myself! He said it right back :)

We've basically been inseperable ever since we first "re-met". It doesn't work for some couples to be living in each others' pockets 24/7 but it really works for us. He's my best friend and I know it sounds cliche but it's true... I feel so blessed to have him in my life and I can't wait to be his wife :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My husband knew the second he saw me that it was over for him. He was 30, I was 19. I was sort of oblivious at first, I didn't realize he felt that way, but we hit it off right away and had a very easy friendship.. Our meeting was brief, maybe a half hour, I was with one of his friends (my cousin) eating lunch and he stopped by to say hi. Two months later, we spent the day with my cousin playing golf, and on the car ride home, he asked me to go to the Regatta with him. Still thinking this was just a cool guy to hang out with, I said OK. By the end of the first evening, it wasn't just friendship anymore. By the end of the 7 days we dated, he proposed. I again said, "OK." He lived two and a half hours away, I only got to see him on weekends when he came to town. We married 9 months later. We will be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary in June, and come August we will have been inseparable for 20 years. We are still crazy for each other, and it has been the best 20 years of my life. It has been awesome to grow together with this wonderful man. Oh.. and did I mention that before he met me, he was famous for protesting marriage, he was NEVER going to get married.. he was the playboy bachelor, not settling down for anyone. So, never say never, you're love may (literally) be just around the next corner.