Is this really POSSIBLE?

Options
allisonrozsa
allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
All of my life (or since I passed puberty), I've been overweight. In high school I looked for quick fixes, also tried a few in college, but knew that nothing was going to happen quickly and it would take at least a year to get me to a healthy weight. I would try something, but in the back of my mind, I never thought it was truly possible, and I gave up almost before I even started. Forever it was about how I looked (and still is a little bit), but now it's more about being healthy and wanting to run down the street without strain, or without my family members being sad for me. It isn't until these last few couple of months of motivation from Fit2Fat2Fit and the discovery of MFP that I realize that it IS possible. I've lost 25 lbs in just over two months and see that slow and steady really DOES win the race. I'm still a long way off, and though excited about my milestone, I know that I CAN keep going and it really is POSSIBLE for me to finally lose this extra person I have attached to me.

Yay!

Replies

• tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep killing it! Here's to the next 25!:drinker:
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Amazing! It's a fabulous revelation isn't it? Keep up that fantastic hard work!
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is possible and it can work. Just remember to take it one day at a time.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and a big KUDOS to you :flowerforyou:
  • tracyface399
    tracyface399 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Congrats! Keep it up!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep moving forward!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 25 lost! You can definitely accomplish your goals!!
  • bigprettygirl69
    bigprettygirl69 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is some really honest assessments and the motivation you seek is there great job.:laugh: where ever you need motivation its right here
  • richfaber
    richfaber Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy for you!!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Yes, you CAN do it!! It takes hard work and dedication, but that's the way to make lasting changes and you'll feel much more accomplished that way than a quick fix. Congrats on your progress so far and keep up the great work!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on your weight loss so far. You definitely have the right mindset now. I wish you continued succcess.:drinker:
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am twice your age (almost) and trust me when I say, your back and feet will thank you for it now AND later. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for!" Go for it!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!