The best bread!!

I found the best healthy bread yesterday! For a long time I have been getting Nature's Own Double Fiber, but I decided to try something new. This time I got Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Oatmeal bread and it's so good!! It's super fluffy and moist and has 22 grams of whole grain, 4 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fiber per slice! It's 100 calories per slice, but it is soooo worth it.

Replies

• kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    The name alone sounds delicious...okay you have sold me on it I'm going to give it a try.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Ima have to give it a try but hmmm...if 200 calories for 2 slices if I want a sandwhich...we''ll shall see...I tried to stretch my calories:grumble: :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Sounds yummy! The plain whole wheat bread I eat now is 100 calories per slice and not quite as healthy. Thanks!
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    The Pepperidge Farms 7 grain flat bread is awesome also, 100 calories... Check out the other info under foods.
  • You should stick to the double fibre it is made from everything natural!!! including the preservatives!!!!
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Have you tried Nature's Own Light Wheat? It's only 40 calories a slice and has no trans fats or HFCS (and extra fiber). I love them!
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Have you tried Nature's Own Light Wheat? It's only 40 calories a slice and has no trans fats or HFCS (and extra fiber). I love them!

Yea, but this bread is much more satisfying. It does have more calories, but it tastes so much better and also has no trans fats or HFCS.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    The only bread I eat I dont want to eat no bread thats 100 calories a slice I like to stretch my calories you know
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    We're really liking those sandwich thins from Oroweat.
    Delish & 100 calories for both top & bottom.
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    I bought the bread, and after I ate it I logged it in and realized it's actually 120 calories :noway: yes the bread is good and I was willing to compromise 100 calories for one slice but I had no idea it was really 120 so just wanted to warn others that yes it's good but be prepared to sacrifice 120 per slice.