are there 5'5 girls with 40-50 lbs loss?

Options

Replies

• 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    HW: 290 (makes me want to cry)
    MFP starting weight: 247
    CW: 239.5
    GW: 180

I started my weight loss experience a year and a half ago after leaving a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship. I lost 40+ pounds quite quickly from just reducing my stress and reducing the amount of awful food I was putting into my body. When I was younger I was "that girl' and now, I'm wanting that back. Since losing this bit of weight to start off, I've gotten a little bit of self worth/self confidence back, but I have a LONG ways to go.

good luck to everyone in their journey. It's a long tough road but anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Postive thinking and good support is key. smile :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" tall and have lost 65 or so.

I started out 191 pounds back in 2007. By March 2008, I was down to 126. That's when my profile picture was taken. I went through a bad break-up with my ex, stuffed my face full of food, and managed to get back up to 155 pounds in 2010. I've bounced from 145-155 until right before Thanksgiving 2011. Between then and now, I've lost about 12 pounds and weigh around 138 right now.

The difference for me has absolutely been weight training. When I lost the weight the first time, I was pounding my body with 2 hours of cardio everyday, and every time I ate a cookie I gained a pound. (well, obvious exaggeration, but basically when I was a cardio bunny, if I didn't watch my calories really close, I would easily gain weight). This time around I got smart and joined a gym right before Thanksgiving last year. Now I can eat more calories without worrying about it. It's nice to have that freedom and don't have to cringe every time I want a piece of cake or a drink with my friends.

I am actually very close to the same size now as I was in the profile picture. Yeah, I am about 10 pounds heavier, but it's all muscle. I am wearing the same clothes that I wore back then. So I don't even worry about that stupid scale anymore. I'm just trying to get into a certain clothing size and to lose body fat, so I don't care what the scale says.
  • Clemens
    Clemens Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm 5'5, CW is 178 and I need all the motivation I can get, I'm trying to incorporate everything slowly .... I know this is a lifestyle change not just a diet so I know it will take time!

Feel free to add me if you want new friends!!
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and have lost 89 lbs so far.

SW 248
    CW 159
    GW 140

I started my journey about 15 months ago. So far I have lost 89 of the 108 lbs that I started out needing to lose. It has been a slow but steady weight loss. I think that is the best way because it stays off when you lose it at a healthy rate.

You can do it! It may seem tough or overwhelming at times, but just push through it and you will accomplish your goal.
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and have lost 20 lbs since August 2011. I hope to lose another 20. I've plateaued and fluctuated throughout these past few months but its been completely worth it! Im currently trying to work more cardio into my routine but so far I've pretty much been able to lose weight between a combination of strength training (I LOVE my kettlebell) and changing my diet by trying to eat less carbs and more protein. I hope this helps and anywho wants to add me should!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 ish (i think im a little under) and have about 50-60 pounds to lose (depending on how I look at either)
    my stats:
    SW- 202
    CW-193
    GW- 130/140
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    Highest weight: 196
    SW with MFP: 184
    CW: 164
    GW: 135

Feel free to add me! I try to encourage everyone - and frankly, I quickly became addicted to MFP :)

I like MFP because I can focus on hitting macros as opposed to trying to follow fad diets or crazy calorie restrictions! (I love my food!)
  • midfarm
    midfarm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and over the last year I have gone from 213lbs to 158 lbs. I plan on losing 6 more lbs..
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    I am 5'3" Have lost 43 pounds since September. Low carb for me worked like a charm. Check out my profile to see before and after. I have lost a total of 56 pounds.
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just started my journey back during the second week of January (2012). I started out having to lose almost 75pounds before I could join the Navy, I've lost 22pounds (18of which since I joined MFP) but I still have about 50-55pounds to go =)
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    im a little over 5'3'' & i've lost a little over 90 pounds...
    i started out the same way as a lot of other people on here have said, by making small changes. once something that i changed was a habit & not something i had to think about anymore (like when i stopped even thinking about ordering/buying soda) i would change something else. even after over a year i still find small things i can change here and there & new things i can add to my routine. i still have some more weight that i want to lose, but i get a little closer to my goal every week. if you (or anyone else) has specific questions i'd be happy to answer them just send me a message & i'll try to answer

i'm kind of a health nut now so i do a lot of research haha (:
  • onehotgirl
    onehotgirl Posts: 120
    Options
    yep 5'5 also

SW: 178
    CW: 149
    GW: 132

so 29 lost and 17 more to go
  • AutumnBreeze07
    AutumnBreeze07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bumping!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with 60-ish pounds lost.

I still have another 60-ish to go.
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me I'm 5'5

SW: 198
    CW: 188
    GW: 150

for starters once i hit 150 I wanna revaluate with my coach & see how much smaller I can get :) & im gonna do ;) first 10lbs down :D
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    Im just a little bit over 5'5...

SW:265 (before MFP)
    CW: 234
    GW:180ish...

Always looking for friends, support and motivation-add me :)
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    wow! there has never been a thread out there that has fit me! I am 5'5" with 45 pounds to lose (39.6 now) and yay!! I'm not sure what this is all about though.. I have to admit i jumped the gun and replied before I read everything lol. But I am hoping to reach my goal weight by December 25th!!
  • somi77
    somi77 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi... I am just starting out and this completely fits my profile :) hope we can encourage each other!
    My goal seems so far away that it's daunting!

SW: 194
    CW: 191
    GW: 135
  • JayElleOh
    JayElleOh Posts: 61
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!