Starving today!

Options
2»

Replies

• sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating back 1/2 of your workout calories and you're really hungry you should eat most or all of them back.
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    I was literally just thinking this!

I have been eating my normal meals and snacks today and it seems like it isn't enough! I've been hungry since I woke up and I'm afraid at any moment I could binge! My cravings are really strong today, too! I scheduled a cadbury egg for my dessert tonight and hopefully I'll have enough self control to just limit myself to one!

I plan on exercising this afternoon so I'm not too over calories. Hoping to stick around 1400 today.

I'm interested to see what everyone else has to say!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    same here today! Can't fill up on water becasue I have a meeting in an hour which I won't be able to leave for a potty break! I get these days every once in a while, but today seems especially bad. I just had a single mini twix- maybe that will do it for a while! :noway:

Good luck to you!
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry but don't want to eat yet I drink some black coffee and it tends to fill me up for a while. No calories AND an energy boost
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    HUNGRY=EAT :huh: what's the confusion missy? pick a healthy snack and eat. :flowerforyou:
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cup of tea helped. I'm contemplating apple and peanut butter...then maybe a nap (I'm on a vacation, after all). Then workout, then dinner.
    It's just so WEIRD. Could be the approach of T.O.M.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't work out starving. I keep peanuts in my car and if I feel hungry before Aikido I eat some.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry for no good reason, I chew sugarfree gum. It really helps.

I do the same and if Im still hungry after a half hour of gum chewing and water....I know I really am hungry and I eat. :) try popcorn, or a handful of nuts! :)
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You say that you do not want to go over...but would you really be going over or are you going over the calories that MFP says to eat to lose 1-2lbs/week?

I actually set my MFP to maintenance. So, now I am allowed 1680 calories. I workout (usually burn around 500) BUT, let's say that the days that I am starving (it just happens) and I eat 1900 calories (1680+500 workout=2180) By me eating 1900 calories, I am still under 280 calories!

If I had it set to lose 1lb/week Then I would have to eat 1180 + 500 for working out=1680. Well, I ate 1900, so that means that I am over 220!

I figure on some days, I will be under 500 and other days I will only be under 200. I can not stand being hungry all of the time.

Not sure if my example made any sense. My point is that if you have MFP set to lose 1lbs/week and you eat 200 over calories...you are not really over...you are still 300 down from what you would eat if you were not trying to lose weight.
  • michellegr88
    Options
    The best thing you can do is incorporate high fiber fruits and vegetables. Some such as celery you can eat non stop....and also I disagree that you should feel hungry. This is simply not true....also if you eat less meat proteins and more vegetable proteins, it will help cravings and feeling satisfied a lot longer. I also drink herbal teas....they are so yummy and tricks my body into thinking its getting calories when its not.

I would also becareful of things you dont need such as butter and extra condiments....I have found them to really mess with my calories for the day. Also if you go over your calories but its becasue you have too many apples....dont beat yourself up. :)

Hope this helps :) Good Luck
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you are doing a good workout there really shouldn't be any reason to be starving, unless your daily calorie intake is set too low. Make sure you eat back your workout calories. What is your base calorie intake without exercise?

Drink plenty of water, that will fill you up

For an example...my base calorie intake is set to 1400cal (first goal to get to 140lbs)...which isn't a lot but I don't get starving on this. When I workout out (which is 5-6x/week) I usually burn over 700 cals so that means I should be eating 2100cals on workout days. That is a LOT of calories for me which is great because it means I don't starve! I also can never quite make it to that many calories.

My suggestion, 5-6 small meals a day, rather that just 3. Keeps your sugar levels stable and you won't ever feel starved if you eat every 3hours. Keep those portions in check though. And EAT your workout calories!!!!

And it is possible to eat healthy at restaurants, just plan ahead. A lot of chain restaurants have nutritional guides online. You can always ask for your meat to be cooked without butter, dressing on the side etc etc.

:o)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Leave work and go shopping... Keeps my mind off of food. lol
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Cup of tea helped. I'm contemplating apple and peanut butter...then maybe a nap (I'm on a vacation, after all). Then workout, then dinner.
    It's just so WEIRD. Could be the approach of T.O.M.

I LOVE apples and peanut butter...so YUMMY! And a good filling snack. :love:
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that earlier this week. I went ahead and ate because my stomach was actually growling. Then started the next day off with a clean slate and haven't been hungry eating the same stuff as before. Go figure!@!#
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm having an extra hungry day as well, although I've eaten more than I would've at this point. So, I ate some more. If I go over by a banana's worth of calories, so be it.