Guesstimate my calories...

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
I went to my daughter's school this morning for tea. They served a buffet of refreshments. No idea how many calories or what was served. I was thinking about entering it as 'quick added calories' but I have no idea for how much.

What do you guys think? How many calories on this little plate?

20ucuvm.jpg

Replies

• lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    Can you explain what's on the plate? The bread is the calorie monster there.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    honestly, I would prolly put it around 425ish.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what's on the plate? The bread is the calorie monster there.

^^This please
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Three finger sandwiches (two different kinds of pimento cheese and a PBJ)
    Ham & cream cheese pinwheel
    A tiny portion of quiche
    Red velvet drop cookie
    Mini vanilla cupcake
    2 green olives with pimentos
    and one big fat muscadine
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    I'd probably guess in the 650+ range from what I can see...not easy to estimate from a picture though.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    40 grams carbs, 14 grams protein, 12 grams of fat = 324 calories has my vote
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Wow! I was really thinking in the 300 to 400 range. Remember that these are super tiny portions.
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    my guess would be 700-800 calories
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i would say 400-500 calories
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    You would be surprised to know what goes into these yummy little finger foods! I honestly would say anywhere from 700+. I have a church brunch every Tuesday after a bible study and I am amazed at how little I eat and how many cals I consume. I usually try and find things that are similar to what I ate in the food lists and go form there.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would try to recall what it was and add it all individually instead of quick add -- a bit of work for sure but probably closer to reality and then you'll also have a better idea of macros if you track those. You can figure out approx how many pieces of bread, meat, cream cheese, cupcakes & fruit you ate better than the picture and a guess can reflect.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Depending on the bread and if mayo was used....425 as said earlier is pretty good
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    400-500 would be my guess.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    tea-1-1.jpg

I love how the sandwiches at the Four Seasons have calories . . . but no fat, carbs, or protein. They must be pure alcohol!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    would be fun to get that MEALSNAP app and compare!

(sorry i'm terrible at guessing - it's why i re-joined here after quitting!)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Well I took someone's suggested and just guessed at entries. That came out to around 475 calories! :noway:

Look's like I'll be out jogging tonight.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    They may be tiny portions, but ham, PB, cheese, bread, eggs and desserts can add up pretty quick. Personally it is better to overestimate than under so that you don't go over too much.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I try to dissect the food and then go from there..
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well there's a frostingy thing. That's easily 100 by itself. The bits of fruit could be about 50. The breads are the tricky part. Plus it looks like there a lot of mayo/cream cheese type things in there. So each of those could be 100-200 each. There's three or four "white" things... Altogether (100+50+150(3)) should give you roughly 600 calories.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Probably above 650 and maybe as much as 1200. Wow!!! I usually only grab fruit when we have a spread like that and if there is no fruit, I just drink coffee and water.