I just messed up completely.

Options
I'm embarrassed to even write this, but I wanna see reactions and stuff. My mum (always been overweight and thinks me 'skinny' at 145lbs) bought me a tub of Ben & Jerrys ice cream. I was well under my calorie goal today so thought I'd have a little bit as a treat. I've just sat ere and ate THE WHOLE THING. It's like 1000 calories. Ugh.

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    and what should you do the rest of the day???

Get back on track and don't sweat it. :flowerforyou: I have been there done that with something similar.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You could run it off? Or at least walk some of it off.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    It's okay, just get back to it tomorrow!

Maybe have a talk with your mom about being more supportive? Like not buying you a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream when you're trying to lose weight. The first week is difficult, this is where you need the support the most.
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    With weight loss, sometimes it is two steps forward, one step back. or, another way to put it is baby-steps. Instead of beating yourself up over this one mis-step, look to your successes! Negativity will do nothing for you, except probably make you feel worse and go to the foods that comfort you.

You should inform your mom NOT to buy you ice cream again. Make sure she understands how important it is that you have her support. Also, make sure you portion your food and eat it in a bowl, not the tub, which makes it easier for one more bit to become the whole thing.

Cheer up, it is okay to make mistakes! It is important to LEARN from them, so you do not repeat the offense.

Good luck!
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Take a walk or do some other type of excercise. TForget about it. It done nothign yu can do but start fresh tommrrow. There are people who will sabatoge what yu are doing. They usually say" Oh little bit of it won't hurt." Yes it will.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    We've all been there, done that. Don't sweat it! Excerise a little harder and eat a little less tommorow and you will be fine I promise. :) If we never had slip ups we wouldn't be human! I slip up on a regular basis. Darn food. :P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, my advice is "don't make a habit of it". But since it's done, don't stress about it either. If you're going to eat 1000 calories of ice cream at least enjoy it! And then ... Don't make a habit of it.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. You did NOT mess up completely. Just log it and move on. Maybe take an extra long walk after dinner. Maybe even take your mom with you and talk to her about how you are trying to make healthier choices. You will be fone. Just keep plugging along.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do now. Tomorrow's another day. Hope you enjoyed it. If your mother is deliberately or unconsciously undermining your weight loss efforts, you might want to think about how to address that in the future.
  • nora110
    nora110 Posts: 24
    Options
    blowing it for a moment does not equal blowing it for the day. Be mindful of what you eat the rest of the day, get some exercise, and finish out the day acknowledging the mistake AND LEARNING FROM IT.
    Tomorrow, that ice cream is already gone, so start fresh.
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    Something similar happened to me Tuesday. There is nothing to be done now, so I am just moving forward and not using it as an excuse to give up completely and trying extra hard the rest of the week.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ballance it out tomorrow :)
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    there are just some things I can't eat at all or I over eat them. think of it as a lesson learned, therefore worth the calories. don't let anyone bring ben and jerry's into your house from now on, and today -- be nice to yourself, you deserve it, and you learned from it
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    1000 cals thats doable get on the cycle and kill it 2 hours!!!!

GO GO GO
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Get over it ... and get back on track. Nobody is perfect ... so, just learn from the mistake and move on!!
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No problem! Chin up! We all mess up periodically. More importantly, get back on track.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yum.

Don't worry about it.

Go for a walk once you come down from the sugar high.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Mistakes happen. Go for a long walk and shake it off.
  • Pepsi_addict
    Pepsi_addict Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is the attitude that always made me give up. Don't give up! Tomorrow is another day. This is a life change. When you mess something up in other areas of your life, you start over! I had a bad day yesterday. I ate a couple of cookies and mac and cheese and was thinking "damn, that was a bad day". But this morning I woke up and weighed myself and I still lost 2 lbs! Just because you feel you erred doesn't mean it will make everything worse. Just keep it up and don't beat yourself up because THAT'S what will make you fail.
  • MrsDinkley
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Don't give up. Take a walk and get right back on track! It happens to all of us.