Is This A Healthy Meal?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
I had a 325gramme baked sweet potato
200g of cottage cheese and a 200g mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

I wasn't planning on finishing the whole sweet potato, but I felt so hungry (done over 2 hours cycling today)
I am pretty much at my goal weight tonight, or was, lol, just trying to eat healthy now and ensure I get the right nutrients.

Replies

• sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Looks healthy to me.
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    me too.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am trying to avoid too much processed food, which can be hard sometimes as a non meat eater when there are so many veggie sausages out there to be had.
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    looks good to me.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yeah--it looks good! You have a variety of "colors" for nutrients, you have protein and calcium in the cottage cheese, fiber and GOOD carbs in the sweet potato, and fiber and all kinds of goodness in the vegies!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You've got a lean protein, a tasty complex carb, and a veggie. Sounds like an EXCELLENT meal. :drinker:
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    great combination! i've not had cottage cheese for aaaages, might pick some up now next time i'm shopping!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty healthy to me, I just don't like cottage cheese.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    great combination! i've not had cottage cheese for aaaages, might pick some up now next time i'm shopping!

I love cottage cheese, so glad I have no issues with dairy. I often have it for breakfast too, with my banana and peanut butter. :)
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That two hours of cycling, well, with that, I would need to eat a LOT more than that to survive. I've done a few rides where on the way home I've gone to ralley's and gotten a double chicken sandwich and still been under ZERO net Calories for the day. Then again, at over 230 pounds, a 30 or 60 mile ride takes a lot of power. I just listen to what my body demands when it demands, my problem tends to be two certain days each week where I would have 1k+ Calorie meals, I adapted for that last night and stayed under, but I had over 1,800 Cal for lunch today, my 50 minute ride today wiped out a fair share of that, but I will probably have to make up a few more negative calories to compensate for dinner.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    That two hours of cycling, well, with that, I would need to eat a LOT more than that to survive. I've done a few rides where on the way home I've gone to ralley's and gotten a double chicken sandwich and still been under ZERO net Calories for the day. Then again, at over 230 pounds, a 30 or 60 mile ride takes a lot of power. I just listen to what my body demands when it demands, my problem tends to be two certain days each week where I would have 1k+ Calorie meals, I adapted for that last night and stayed under, but I had over 1,800 Cal for lunch today, my 50 minute ride today wiped out a fair share of that, but I will probably have to make up a few more negative calories to compensate for dinner.

I seem to be maintaining or losing a pound here and there. I am eating 2000-2200 in general, but I only weigh 126, well 125 tonight. I also don't go that fast, my bike is pretty useless for going quick. I did about 26-30 miles I am guessing, it is the hills that are a killer, very little of the ride is on the flat, and it was a bit windy so I was constantly having to push hard to move the darn thing lol.