Ladies...some help please....

Options
It is "that time of the month" and I have the munchies like nobodys business and I would like to not sabatoge my recent success but I need something....even with exercise I am over my cal goal for today...any suggestions?!

Replies

• dpcunningham
    Options
    Snack on raw red peppers, they crunch and are sweet. Makes a big difference. My daughter taught me this.
  • MillyLynnV
    MillyLynnV Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Frozen pineapple chunks are great for a sweets craving!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Added challenge-sweet and salty craving at the same time...dun dun dun
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I think I've said this before in a post like this.

I personally just give in and ejoy :laugh:

I see it as being 5ish days once a month :smile:
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Special K Chocolately Crunch bars - the perfection combination of salt and sweet (they have little bits of salty pretzel in them and have chocolate on the bottom). Best part - only 90 calories!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    kale chips are the business.

preheat oven to 275. chop up some kale. coat with a wee bit of olive oil, sea salt and cayenne pepper.

spread on a baking sheet. bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. turn the leaves halfway through.

for a chocolate craving, i go with a choco protein smoothie:
    greek yogurt, almond milk, 1/2 banana, frozen strawberries, choco protein powder, dash of cayenne pepper.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I usually give in too. I try to eat over on healthy things though
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like an apple sliced with cinnamon as well as strawberries and some chopped dates with So Delicious vanilla coconut milk yogurt as dip....sooooo yummy! And if u realllllyyy want chocolate u could sprinkle a tablespoon chocolate chips on the dip:)
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

preheat oven to 275. chop up some kale. coat with a wee bit of olive oil, sea salt and cayenne pepper.

spread on a baking sheet. bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. turn the leaves halfway through.

greek yogurt, almond milk, 1/2 banana, frozen strawberries, choco protein powder, dash of cayenne pepper.

when you make yours do they come out like sooooo fragile?? I didnt even eat mine when I made them because they were like soo thin and broke!!!:cry:
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    kettle corn popcorn. I buy the 100 calorie bags...works for me since it give me the crunch and salty/sweet at the same time.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Suggestions!!!
    Have a cheat day during that time?
    Peanut butter?
    Kettle popcorn?
    Air popped corn with white cheddar seasoning
    Make a lot of Yogurt smoothies
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You can make some home made veggie soup ..... I have several in my freezer (frozen into portions) they range from 100-150 cals a bowl .... great if you really want to eat something but want to keep it to "good foods"

I know this isn't much use this time but for future months it could be handy :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me that some women think this is some sort of mysterious (special?) curse. Get a grip. If you can't, allow some extra calories for those days.
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Added challenge-sweet and salty craving at the same time...dun dun dun

Rainbow trail mix packets (they have m&ms). My guilty pleasure at 130 cals/packet! Salty AND sweet. Mmmmmm
  • kathyb358
    Options
    I feel your pain. I had the same issues. Menopause was the cure for me.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have this problem (fight) every month with myself. Find EXACTLY what it is you are craving and eat half or just a few bites. If you don't you will drive your self crazy and eat more calories than you desire trying to substatute or compensate for the craving.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I go for Triscuits. Pair it with a sweet diet drink and you're set, girl!
  • karaemoore
    karaemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cereal for the sweet tooth and cheddar rice cakes for the salty. It's working for me!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

when you make yours do they come out like sooooo fragile?? I didnt even eat mine when I made them because they were like soo thin and broke!!!:cry:

yeah you gotta play around with it. every recipe i've seen is a bit different with the cooking times too. this recipe from giada worked well

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/potato-and-kale-chips-with-lemon-mayonnaise-recipe/index.html

but my oven sucks so i needed to fool around with the temps and time
  • 13joanne
    13joanne Posts: 59
    Options
    Dark choc 85% is good and you can't eat lots x