Pop, Soda, or ?

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    poison

Thank you for adding that.......Now we will know why everyone died......Must have been the soda....:huh:
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually call it soda, which is weird for the area I live in now. I grew up in Tennessee, and it was always soda, so now I just say dr. pepper, it causes many less headaches. I also have many headaches with my meals. Meals are breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But here in the midwest I've been told it's breakfast, dinner, and this weird meal they call "supper". Someone finally told me it's because they have their biggest meal at noon time growing up on the farm, but I still find it odd and everyone looks at me like I'm from a different planet.
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in Dumfries, Scotland and call it juice, but when I lived in Glasgow, we called it ginger!
  • mlh156
    mlh156 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Growing up in the land down-under, we always called it "lemonade", no matter what flavour it was (Coke and Pepsi were the exception - they were always by name). Nowadays, we tend to say "soft-drink".
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Coke.
    Southern Louisiana.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm from Chicago and it's called pop. :)

I'm from Chicago, and it's called soda.....
    hmmmmm :noway:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Nebraska but currently living in AZ...it's pop. and meals are Breakfast, Dinner, and Supper =)
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i call it coke or cola.... i don't care which...
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm a Texas and say "soda." My mother-in-law's from Boston, MA, and says "tonic." My ex, from West Virginia, always said, "pop."
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When I was little I called it pop. After I got with my husband I called it soda and have been since.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    New Hampshire...

We call it soda! Very occasionally I hear soda-pop, but never just pop.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    soda pop?
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    theres 10 mins i never will get back *rollz eyez* and i started reading back to front, nice going dumbazz
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Coke. I'm from Texas
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Another Texan here.... it's always been "coke" to me. You want a coke? What kind? Dr. Pepper for me.

Since being married, I have gotten used to calling it soda. My husband is from South Dakota, and that's what he calls it.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Soda? Yinz are all crazy. Being from the Picks-burgh area, i've always called it 'pop.' :wink:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    soda. it's even called 'soda' in africa and india, too.
  • KazeKaiyouHime
    Options
    It's soda. Pop sounds way too weird. I have a friend from Indiana and she calls it pop. It always takes me a while to realize that she means soda.
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In australia it's soft drink.
  • kmoity
    kmoity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with the south comment....we call them all "coke". haha