is it ok if you don't exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if YOU'RE ok with it, then I suppose its ok.... personally, I would not be ok with it, but that's just my opinion for my body.
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether you want to improve your health or not.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight, but you won't be as healthy as you could be. Physical fitness is very important to your health. Don't avoid exercise just because you don't want to eat the exercise calories. It's easy to raise your calorie intake healthfully with some strategically placed oils or nuts.
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 40# or so (of a total of 44 so far) with essentially no exercise. I wanted to get the eating thing down first AND lose some of the weight first because I have knee problems. Now I'm starting back to exercise to keep the weight loss momentum . And becasue I want to firm up and feel better and be healthier. All the things people mentinoed above.

So I would say YES, you can START your weight loss without exercise, but you'll porbably want to add it ini later if you can.

Also, I do know of a few wheelchair-bound people who have lost weight with diet alone, so it is possible.