TRASH THE DRESS

Options

Replies

• mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Such great ideas!!! My husband has lost a lot of weight so thinking about doing something with him as well ;)!!! I don't need the dress to remember all the memories it will just hang in my closet anyway! The best memories are engraved in my brain and we have tons of pictures! I will for sure post the pictures ;)!!!!
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying and I think that is freaking brilliant!! I want to do that! I got married last July and I told my husband that once I get to my goal weight I wanted us to renew our vows on the beach so I can be the beautiful thin bride in a dress I really love! I think trashing my old dress while wearing my new one would make for amazing pictures!! I havent really heard any ideas that pertain to that though. Most of the ideas I read require wearing the dress and hopefully I wont be anywhere near able to wear it again! :)
    Exactly!! I told my husband the same thing!! Sometimes it makes me cry to look at how big I am in my pictures ;( I want to show my future kids a mommy the can be proud of and I want to feel beauitful!!! ;)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Do the Tough Mudder race in the old dress, have someone take a pic, enlarge the pic and have another pic taken of you all glammed up in the new dress holding the pic of you at the race.

Best of both worlds.

Awesome idea
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    could donate it to one of ur mfps who may be that size and looking for a dress lol thats not trashing in a bad way , but it is getting it outa ur life and making someone else happy :)
    this!
  • ax150
    ax150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. My wedding pictures are my before pictures. My wedding is a GREAT memory, the size of my dress not so much...
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have a new dress made from the old one! I can't think of a better way to show off the difference.
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    bump
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Make a quilt out of your old dress for those gorgeous future babies you're going to have, and renew your vows in a hot new dress.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Ignore all the people saying you should keep it or give it away. I think in this case when it is something that holds so much sentimental value to you, and in a painful way, you need to GO FOR IT!!

As for how to trash it: playing tug of war with a dog, running over it/dragging it behind your vehicle, do the dishes with it, set it on fire, use it to swing from a tree....
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    I love love love the swinging from a tree with it idea!! Lol
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    i plan on doing this too one day ... i plan on going to the beach in the waves but i now think that i will let it dry and then do the paint thing as well ... hopefully won't be long till i can do it :)
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also did a trash the dress photo shoot....And I LOVED those photos more than I did my actual wedding photos. And a lot of that was due to my weight loss. If I knew how to upload the pics I would on here. I did mine in our lake (in a channel), On a bridge with splattered paint, under a waterfall with a bottle of wine, and a few random ones like in a construction zone that werent really messy.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Show up to Tough Mudder in a muddy JEEP! Go paint-balling afterwards and then have a food fight at a pool and get thrown into a pool. That's what my best friend's mom did xD
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Do the Tough Mudder race in the old dress, have someone take a pic, enlarge the pic and have another pic taken of you all glammed up in the new dress holding the pic of you at the race.

Best of both worlds.

I like this idea, since you don't want to get the new dress dirty!
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVE trash the dress photos!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Check wedding blogs... I've seen tons of awesome shoots.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Maybe because I am starting some arts classes this week, I would suggest to contact the university or college arts department and ask if somebody could come up with a nice artistic way to trash it, some painting project, some additions, removals, etc. Such a dress would be an awesome canvas. Who knows, they may even find a way to immortalize the final product (pictures, drawings or runway)!
  • mirandasullivan85
    mirandasullivan85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in a year, and I'm using this same concept as my motivation! I'm planning to go to the state park near by, and getting in the waterfalls, taking good shots in the water, and on the logs. You can Google "trash the dress" and get some really good ideas. Some people use paint. I'm going to do my shoot after we get married. The dress would just sit in the closet forever, these pictures will be amazing and last forever!
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my friend does trash the dress photo sessions. Check her out on FB, OSH Photography. If I can get down to my lowest goal weight I want to do a session.
  • 123Linz
    123Linz Posts: 80
    Options
    Is it a pretty dress? Do you like it?
    If so, why not get it altered to fit you, or even just have someone pin in the back for a pic, so you can do a before and after pic in the same dress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!