I just messed up completely.

Options

Replies

• Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    And tomorrow starts anew! We've ALL been there.... PLENTY of times. Deep breath. No big. Move on. :)
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    It's just one day. We all have slip ups and indulge from time to time. Don't beat yourself up over it. Remember, tomorrow is a whole new day!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You just learned not to eat an entire tub of ice cream. Next time portion out what you want to eat and put the rest away!
  • MomDupuis
    MomDupuis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No worries :) I just had a bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce and ground beef. Then about 2hours later I got off my butt and did 20 minutes of Zumba and burned 423 calories.
    We all have our food down days, but the real challenge is what we do about them.
    Tomorrow is always a new day. :happy:
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Alright to the toilet with you! I kid I kid! Go run girl! or Forget about it!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    145 is pretty small, and 1,000 calories of ice cream, umm at least you enjoyed it hopefully :) It won't ruin you forever, tomorrow's a re-do :)
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not every day is going to be perfect...because we aren't perfect! And that's ok! We just start out fresh with a clean slate and get at 'er! If you still have time today, you could still burn some of that off! If not, dig in tomorrow! We've all been there...and we'll all get past it! Stay positive and look to your goal! You'll be fine! :D
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    There is no better moment then right now to make it right. Start a-new and move forward. It doesn't start over at mid-night. It starts now.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. It happens. Talk to your mom and tell her how you feel. She doesn't understand that she undermined your weight loss efforts. Tell her about Skinny Cow ice cream, delicious, without all the fat and sugar. It does have a lot of sodium. Just shake it off, workout, and get back to the program tomorrow. This is a lifestyle change. :)

It wasn't her mom's fault that she didn't have the will power to stop from eating an entire pint of ice cream.
  • ahubbard134
    ahubbard134 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on!
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off, don't beat yourself up over it. What's done is done, but learn from it. You're not at a point where you can have just a bit of ice cream; it may be one of your trigger foods, and you should probably avoid it...at least for now. Second, you need to have a long talk with your mom. No accusations, but try to find out why she bought the ice cream in the first place. I'm willing to bet that food is something that the two of you share, and you mom may be afraid that she is losing you because you are changing and growing...and she's just not there, yet. Maybe your mom secretly wants to lose weight but is afraid that she's a hopeless case. If that's the situation, you can support each other and help each other stick to your program. Maybe exercise and fitness can become the new thing you share, instead of food. Good luck!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yum.

Don't worry about it.

Go for a walk once you come down from the sugar high.

^^ This!!!
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Falling off the ice cream wagon isn't permanent. After all, it melts!

At least it's not like eating 4 sausages, 5 slices of bacon, a cup of scrambled eggs and a biscuit with sausage gravy on it like I did YESTERDAY!

I went out and walked. And walked. And walked. (about 5.5 miles) And today, this morning, I got on the scale, weighed myself and I weighed .4 pounds LESS than my last recorded weight. Then today I walked another 5.2 miles. No problem (except the sugar high....)

Get back on track starting now and just step up the exercise a little (I added about 30-35% more to account for my overage.)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I do that at close to once a month. It is delicious and gives me a tummy ache.

Also, I eat dinner or whatever else is planned that day, I go get some sleep, and the next day is just another normal day. Don't let it bug you. Just continue on.
  • lel101460
    lel101460 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is just 1 day get back to it tomorrow. Chin up I've exercised hard for 16 days and have felt bad the last 2 days and have not. My goal was to go for 30 days straight exercising. But when you can walk or stand up it is hard to do a walking program. Keep the faith.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey--don't sweat it. It happens to everyone. Savor the ice cream memory and move on, just pick yourself up and get on track tomorrow. (:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    "If you drop a glass and break it, you don't open your cabinet and break all the rest of them. Sweep it up, be more careful next time and move on".

I LOVE this. That's brilliant.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Falling off the ice cream wagon isn't permanent. After all, it melts!

At least it's not like eating 4 sausages, 5 slices of bacon, a cup of scrambled eggs and a biscuit with sausage gravy on it like I did YESTERDAY!

I went out and walked. And walked. And walked. (about 5.5 miles) And today, this morning, I got on the scale, weighed myself and I weighed .4 pounds LESS than my last recorded weight. Then today I walked another 5.2 miles. No problem (except the sugar high....)

Get back on track starting now and just step up the exercise a little (I added about 30-35% more to account for my overage.)
    I'm on the ketogenic diet, and that sounds heavenly! (Besides the biscuits and gravy, of course.)
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i did the same this week I wanted a cinammon bun on tuesday so I had one, I didn't want it to be lonely so I ate a second one. That was tuesday and I enjoyed every bite. I went to the gym as usual on Wednesday so now I`ve forgotten all about it. Buns and ice cream happen.
  • NeverStopWorking
    Options
    It's all right! Iv'e done the same thing before. Just don't give up.