has anyone ever realized

Options
I eat way more often now, but my calorie count is really low........i'm not complaining because I am very satisfied throughout the whole day and im not ever hungry or tired (BTW if anyone checks my food log it's at 1000cals a day because of my height) I talked to a nutritionist who said that at 4'10" I do not fit into the category of min of 1200cals a day which was made for an avg woman between the height of 5'2-5'7"....so anyway the whole reason of this topic is i'm eating way more often as before and getting a lot more good nutrients going into my body.....i feel great and the calorie count is a lot less than when i was eating 1-2meals a day that were just disgusting blah yuck and the snacks i used to eat had more calories than the meals i eat now....:noway: :noway: :noway: .......i addded it up one time on MFP seeing how many cals a day i used to eat and it was around 5000calories :sick: gross lol and all of the food didnt give any value to my body wtf was wrong with me? lol

Replies

• strawberry25shortcake
    Options
    Good for you! And a 1000 calories for your height and size is totally understandable. I remember talking my hubby into joining this site just to check into his calorie intake (he kept complaining about his love handles and all I wanted to do is prove the point that 4 pbj's a day will do him no good in losing them:devil: ) and after he logged in his breakfast ONLY it was at about 1900 calories. Huge wake up call. Now he says I am his dietitian and eats only what I put in front of him. I do cut him some slack and he gets 2 pgj's/week:laugh:
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    omg!! I'm just under 5 feet! I never new this! I'm currently set at 1200 cals...however my BMR is roughly 1350. I'm seriously considering altering mine to 1000 now. Thanks for sharing!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: yea my bf gained a lot a lot of weight since we've been together...he saw me losing and wanted to start himself, he wont get on this site but he only eats what i put infront of him lol.....although last night he cheated when i went to bed and had a piece of blueberry pie...and 2 beers lol

and samirose...i was trying to eat 1200a day and just felt bloated and wasnt losing much weight so i went i schedueled an appointment and she said that 1000 cals was fine...so yay :flowerforyou: maybe u should talk to a dietician and see if youd be allowed to lower ur cals....i wouldnt see why not seeing as you're not within the 5'2"-5'7" height range :tongue: boooo@being short lol cant eat as many cals as everyone else :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    omg!! I'm just under 5 feet! I never new this! I'm currently set at 1200 cals...however my BMR is roughly 1350. I'm seriously considering altering mine to 1000 now. Thanks for sharing!

I think if 1200 is working for you, why not stay there? Everyone is different. :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I eat way more often now, but my calorie count is really low........i'm not complaining because I am very satisfied throughout the whole day and im not ever hungry or tired (BTW if anyone checks my food log it's at 1000cals a day because of my height) I talked to a nutritionist who said that at 4'10" I do not fit into the category of min of 1200cals a day which was made for an avg woman between the height of 5'2-5'7"....so anyway the whole reason of this topic is i'm eating way more often as before and getting a lot more good nutrients going into my body.....i feel great and the calorie count is a lot less than when i was eating 1-2meals a day that were just disgusting blah yuck and the snacks i used to eat had more calories than the meals i eat now....:noway: :noway: :noway: .......i addded it up one time on MFP seeing how many cals a day i used to eat and it was around 5000calories :sick: gross lol and all of the food didnt give any value to my body wtf was wrong with me? lol

Before I started this, I had days where I would eat a big bag of doritos, a 2 L pop and a box of snack cakes- and that's all I would eat that day. Can you even imagine the calories in that? A gazillion calories, and zero nutrition. I'm surprised I'm still kicking. lol
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack was a paper plate completely covered with a pile of potato chips 3 inches high and a glass of milk. :noway:

I know what you're saying Girly - it seems like I'm constantly putting something in my mouth. I'm a big ol' boy and I do a good bit of cardio and some weights so I'm eating about 2000 a day and wow - it takes a lot of food to get that much good stuff. I'm thinking of trading my lunchbox for a backpack.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I had the same realization. I got tired of eating so I switched some of my lower cal snacks for still healthy more calorie dense foods like nuts. Of course, I eat closer to 1800 calories a day because I'm so bloody tall. :wink:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

Before I started this, I had days where I would eat a big bag of doritos, a 2 L pop and a box of snack cakes- and that's all I would eat that day. Can you even imagine the calories in that? A gazillion calories, and zero nutrition. I'm surprised I'm still kicking. lol
    lmao i know what u mean my meal would consist of a double quarter pounder with cheese from mickeys 2 large fries and a 10piece nugget with a packet of bbq sauce and then id about 1 and 1/2 bag of large chips throughout the day and 6 sodas *gags* oh yea and gardetos and then once a week i'd make a big thing of whipped cream and eat it plain or with cookies ugh now looking back and thinking about it makes me sick....if i had a second meal of the day it would pretty much be about the same as the first...and i wondered how i got so big :laugh: