Any weight lifting ladies?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I actually just purchased the book The new rules of lifting for women, looking forward to reading it!
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I do eat a lot of protein.. I do not eat any animal with four legs or eat eggs.. so I do a lot of substitutions with chicken and turkey... I just did work out number 2 and boy I never realized how hard just a few little sets can be... my *kitten* is going to hurt so bad tomorrow... I will be lucky if I can walk...

Anyways.. my heart was beating through the roof.. is this normal? I mean beating faster than when I do cardio...
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes, my heart beats fast especially on compound moves and big moves like squats and deadlifts and things that use a lot of muscle groups. They say lifting can work your heart just like cardio. I believe it.
  • DawnfCordero
    Options
    i just did my 1st weight lifting class tonight. it was awesome. im not sure what im doing neither but i have a trainer. ill share my tips with u. mayb u can add me. dawnfcordero
  • lilmisskrys24
    Options
    I just started lifting at the beginning of last week. I love how it feels. I'm scared to let go of some cardio too! For the same reason, cause I feel like I wouldn't be burning calories to lose weight. I just make a circuit with all the equipment at the gym and lift heavy.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did the second day of the lifting program.. and boy is my *kitten* feeling it this morning.. literally.. Yes.. I feel like I worked out when I was done.. but still scared not to do a bunch of cardio
  • sedw123
    sedw123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I do weight training twice a week at bootcamp. (Tues and Thurs) then I do cardio the other days started a yr ago and have dropped three dress sizes and feel great.