Eat clean at McDonalds

Replies

• AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    I believe Mc D's offers a menu showing the calorie content of their foods.

That's what I thought

Go online and get their nutritional information and they have a place where you can build your meal and see exactly what you get for exactly how many calories.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    I believe Mc D's offers a menu showing the calorie content of their foods.

That's what I thought

Eating clean doesn't mean checking cals, at least not in any definition I've ever seen. Eating clean basically means eating whole, minimally processed or not processed at all, foods. Nothing to add other than that, I don't eat at McDonald's.
  • sunlily2003
    sunlily2003 Posts: 4 Member
    have a salad, or one of their fruit smoothies, the mango pineapple one is really good..I'm not sure about the nutritional facts for the smoothies, though...
  • You know you've been in this situation. You have nothing around except a MickeyD and you didn't plan properly ahead of time.

What are some good "hacks" for eating clean at McDonalds?
    Define 'clean'. Low fat, the least processed, vegan, or well balanced carb with protein, etc.
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    I always ordered the Chicken fajitas, but they took them away in my region. Low in fat..probably wicked sodium though!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I don't understand why people are laughing or being sarcastic. I think everyone's been in a situation where they had to eat something on the go because they didn't plan ahead of time or forgot to bring something.
    This...just cause McDonald's is a fast food place doesn't mean you can't eat something that's at least halfway healthy.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    It is totally possible to eat clean at McDonalds - they have plenty of healthy foods but you just need to be prepared so you don't arrive, get lazy and just choose "Meal 1" which is full of fat.

Personally I like the salads without dressings at all... maybe a spritz of lemon (which I'd have to request). However the salads don't have enough meat. I need that meat doubled. So I'd say the ideal meal would be any salad, no dressings and with an added slab of grilled chicken.

If I'm absolutely craving a burger I'll order a double (no cheese) then toss out the bun.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    For breakfast, they advertised (and it's in MFP), the ham egg cheese mcmuffin is only 300 calories. Have that with water, and that's a decent breakfast... should keep you until lunch!! As far as lunch/dinner, I've been avoiding it.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    I'm hoping to go there tomorrow and get some nuggets and a quarter pounder. Maybe even a latte. :3
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I'm hoping to go there tomorrow and get some nuggets and a quarter pounder. Maybe even a latte. :3
    Mmmm I love their nuggets...I haven't had a quarter pounder since November...cause people keep telling me I'll get fat :grumble:
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    I am guilty of being in that situation and just opting for the unhealthy option.

BUT for the purpose of this thread (and maybe to encourage me to eat healthy there too)..

I suppose for breakfast: porridge, an egg mcmuffin or bagel without the meat butter and cheese, or plain bagel with philadelphia

Rest of the time: salad with the balsamic dressing, a grilled chicken wrap or deli sandwich (on brown bread) without sauce, fruit bag, bag of carrot sticks, water, fruit juice, diet or zero sugar fizzy drinks.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
  • shanice_22
    Mmmm I love their nuggets...I haven't had a quarter pounder since November...cause people keep telling me I'll get fat :grumble:

Say the same to them as they bite into their burger!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    i dont eat clean and maccas. i just have a happy meal :) because im little anyway it suits me. but a chicken nugget happy meal is only 400 calories :)
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    I am guilty of being in that situation and just opting for the unhealthy option.

BUT for the purpose of this thread (and maybe to encourage me to eat healthy there too)..

I suppose for breakfast: porridge, an egg mcmuffin or bagel without the meat butter and cheese, or plain bagel with philadelphia

Rest of the time: salad with the balsamic dressing, a grilled chicken wrap or deli sandwich (on brown bread) without sauce, fruit bag, bag of carrot sticks, water, fruit juice, diet or zero sugar fizzy drinks.

OMG.....you guys still have the bagels??????? :sad: that was ALWAYS my favorite thing to eat at McDs until they took them away :(
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,749 Member
    Google Mc Donald's nutrition then look under build your own meal. Then you will know what you think is healthy before you are in this situation again.
  • Lolzers
    Lolzers Posts: 48 Member
    I don't understand why people are laughing or being sarcastic. I think everyone's been in a situation where they had to eat something on the go because they didn't plan ahead of time or forgot to bring something.
    I can understand the laughter and sarcasm. Get something on the go yeah but why not go to a deli and get a sandwich or something?
  • shanice_22

OMG.....you guys still have the bagels??????? :sad: that was ALWAYS my favorite thing to eat at McDs until they took them away :(

Yeah we do. Well as far as I am aware we still do, I haven't eaten a McDs breakfast for AGES so not entirely sure but pretty sure we do! They've introduced a breakfast wrap now though so may have replaced it?

What country do you live in? There's a lot of stuff on the US McDs menu that I wish they had on the UK one and it saddens me that we don't have as much choice :frown: I suppose it's better that we don't though as I'd just put on more weight than I want to lose :laugh:
  • shanice_22
    A bacon roll might also be an option for breakfast, without the sauce of course.
  • I work at a McDonalds in Australia, so I know this situation! I often have to eat there on my lunch break! :) However, it really is easy to stick to your calories and macros there. While salads are good, like everyone says, any of the seared wraps are actually really, really good in terms of calories. They range from 300-400 calories between the tandoori, sweet chilli or ceasar for the seared version.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    McD's is not the healthiest of fast food choices, but they do have some options. For breakfast, the oatmeal is soooooo good! One of my faves. And the fruit n yogurt parfait is a good call. For lunch and dinner, you might look at a kid's meal rather than the full size meal.