5'8" and Down 32 lbs With Pictures!

Options
I reached my goal weight (and have lost a couple more lbs since then!) a couple weeks ago, so I thought it was finally time to share my story on the message boards! Basically I played sports and was pretty active up until my senior year of high school and then put on weight my last couple years of college due to a busy schedule, not wanting to cook for myself, and living off campus so I rarely made it to the rec. I lost some weight my last semester in preparation for my graduation and wedding (the month after) and felt good about myself at my wedding and on my honeymoon. I put on 30+ lbs in my first 18 months of marriage - We were busy, I was stressed, but I was also happy/comfortable. After going on a cruise in November and coming home to a ridiculous amount of eating for Thanksgiving, I was at my heaviest weight ever -- 190 lbs. I hated pictures of me and was totally unhappy in my body.

I knew it was time for a real change - A lifestyle change. So I joined My Fitness Pal, cut pop out of my diet, tracked everything I ate, and started with walking for exercise. From there, I started running, we bought an elliptical, and I started going to Zumba regularly. I add in 30 Day Shred, P90X, and a few other workout videos to keep things interesting. I'm currently at 158 lbs and am toning for our vacation for our 2nd anniversary in June! I've since become a Beachbody Coach and I completed my first 5K last weekend! I love my active lifestyle now, and am so glad it's something I can stick with even after losing the weight.

I'm by no means an expert, but I love giving encouragement and advice when I can! It really does become a habit/way of life - Just stick with it! :) My biggest piece of advice is to not restrict yourself so much that you're totally unhappy. I still ate at my favorite restaurants and went out for drinks with friends, I just learned to find healthier alternatives and made sure I got a good workout in that day. I also learned not to reward myself with food - This sounds obvious, but I used to do it all the time. Instead, when I hit the halfway point, I rewarded myself with new running tights. When I hit my goal weight, I ordered 2 new swim suits from Victoria's Secret. They're little things that kept me motivated and made me feel even better about myself!

Here are some before pictures taken in November 2011:

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

And here are some after pictures from March 2012:

IMG_4952-edit.jpg

5KPhoto-Smaller.jpg

SwimSuit-Smaller.jpg
{One of my new swim suits!}

Aaand some side by side comparisons:

BeforeAfter2.jpg
{Wearing the same shirt in both photos}

BeforeAfter-Smaller.jpg
{And wearing the same swim suit!}

Replies

• Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    They tell me you must change the IMG to img in order to make the pics show up.
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i think you need to change the IMG to lowercase img
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    BeforeAfter2.jpg
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight (and have lost a couple more lbs since then!) a couple weeks ago, so I thought it was finally time to share my story on the message boards! Basically I played sports and was pretty active up until my senior year of high school and then put on weight my last couple years of college due to a busy schedule, not wanting to cook for myself, and living off campus so I rarely made it to the rec. I lost some weight my last semester in preparation for my graduation and wedding (the month after) and felt good about myself at my wedding and on my honeymoon. I put on 30+ lbs in my first 18 months of marriage - We were busy, I was stressed, but I was also happy/comfortable. After going on a cruise in November and coming home to a ridiculous amount of eating for Thanksgiving, I was at my heaviest weight ever -- 190 lbs. I hated pictures of me and was totally unhappy in my body.

I knew it was time for a real change - A lifestyle change. So I joined My Fitness Pal, cut pop out of my diet, tracked everything I ate, and started with walking for exercise. From there, I started running, we bought an elliptical, and I started going to Zumba regularly. I add in 30 Day Shred, P90X, and a few other workout videos to keep things interesting. I'm currently at 158 lbs and am toning for our vacation for our 2nd anniversary in June! I've since become a Beachbody Coach and I completed my first 5K last weekend! I love my active lifestyle now, and am so glad it's something I can stick with even after losing the weight.

I'm by no means an expert, but I love giving encouragement and advice when I can! It really does become a habit/way of life - Just stick with it! :) My biggest piece of advice is to not restrict yourself so much that you're totally unhappy. I still ate at my favorite restaurants and went out for drinks with friends, I just learned to find healthier alternatives and made sure I got a good workout in that day. I also learned not to reward myself with food - This sounds obvious, but I used to do it all the time. Instead, when I hit the halfway point, I rewarded myself with new running tights. When I hit my goal weight, I ordered 2 new swim suits from Victoria's Secret. They're little things that kept me motivated and made me feel even better about myself!

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_4952-edit.jpg

5KPhoto.jpg

SwimSuit.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter.jpg

Congrats! Very nice work.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_4952-edit.jpg

5KPhoto.jpg

SwimSuit.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

BeforeAfter.jpg
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    wtg!! looks amazing those bathing suit pics really show that loss!! Amazing job!
  • lauralou852
    Options
    Ahhhh, I'll resize them! Just a second. :)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Really awesome! Congrats
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Options
    Super results in such a short time! From what I've seen it is unusual for women to get such fast results. WTG!
  • jphilli23
    Options
    Wow!! You are a true inspiration! Your story sounds very similar to what I want! Congrats, you look amazing! I need your will power and motivation! Any advice for someone who was like you in the beginning??
  • sallysueS
    sallysueS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • LWriter
    LWriter Posts: 50
    Options
    Rock Chalk! Great job!
  • Eyerin
    Eyerin Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow...you are such an inspiration to me! I swear I could have written that same story, as our stats and story are almost identical, even down to a striped shirt you're wearing that I also own! 12 years ago, I was in the same boat and a friend hauled me off to Weight Watchers as her buddy. My goal was 155, but I ended up at 145 and felt SO good! Today, I weigh 158 and want to nip a few more lbs. off, so my 145 clothes fit better. I stopped exercising a couple of years ago due to an injury and never resumed, so that's my plan as the injury has recovered.

You look terrific, girl.
    Thanks for posting!!!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Big change! You look great!!!
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!you look amazing!!!:smokin:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • lauralou852
    Options
    @Flyer615 - Thank you!!
  • lauralou852
    Options
    @helpmelose201 - Thanks so much! It's intimidating to post swim suit pictures online, and you just made me feel so much better about it!
  • Shei0307
    Shei0307 Posts: 61
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look so fit and so pretty! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!