100 or so pounds to go

Options
Good evening everyone!
I've been on MFP for about 2 months and I'm down 19 pounds. Yay!
The problem is that I only have one friend who actually logs daily and I could really use a support system.
I am currently at about 300+ pounds and I would love to have friends who are around the same weight or who started around that weight.
My goals are broken down into smaller increments (which is why my goal weight loss is 50 something pounds) but I would LIKE to get to around 200 and see how I feel at that point.
Is anyone interested in being a friend and support system??
Good luck to everyone out there, whatever your goal is, as long as it will make you healthier =)

Replies

• sirenap123
    Options
    I forgot to add that I'm 5'4", female, no kids, from California...in case you needed that info ;)
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Added and good luck finding more of us to shake our virtual pom poms!:wink:
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am on the same journey. 5'4 & started this site 2wks ago weighing in at 260. I'm looking to get down to 140. I log in every day & try to be as active in my friends journeys as I can. I think its imperative to have a good support system when on such a journey. Feel free to add me if u like :)
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started at 310 pounds and now I'm at 240. My goal, for the time being, is to lose 41 pounds as quickly as I can, so I am finally under 200 pounds!
    I am 5ft 2, 37 years old and am Living in New Zealand (I am American).

I log on everyday- if I don't, it means something is wrong (like last weekend when my internet was down!). I am dedicated to this site and to my mission to lose weight, and I love having and giving support along the way. Feel free to add me- same goes for everybody :)
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking to get down to 145/150 (basically a normal BMI range for my height). My ultimate of ultimate goal is 125/130 but I can't even envision a number that small, so I'm being realistic. I'm 5'5" and I break down my goals as well. My first goal is to get under 200 lbs (first time in 11 or so years (and i'm 23 yrs old)).

I log my food every day (with the exception of a few weekends) and have my diary open to my friends to view if they so please. I eat fairly healthily and try to exercise.

Feel free to add me!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    80 lbs to go for me and I also log every day so feel free to add me. 5'4 SW 260 GW 160
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Realistically I am supposed to be about 142 pounds for my body frame. I am at 245 and a half right now so I guess I got a long way to go. My happy goal would just to be under 200 pounds right now! Feel free to add me. I am great at motivating, supporting and caring! Best wishes...I know you will achieve your goal! :smile:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. :) My CW is 290, my GW is 135, so I've got a loooong way to go. I'm on several times a day.
  • sirenap123
    Options
    Thank you for your stories and your support everyone *hugs*
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have 80 or so pounds to lose and love this site.
  • Cgroth06
    Cgroth06 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started MFP about two weeks ago at 328 pounds and am trying to lose about 130 pounds. I am already down 8 pounds, and am happy about the weight loss but also about changing my lifestyle. I am 23 and have not been under 200 pounds since junior high. I know there is a long road a head of me and I will have set backs, but I am excited to change. I also live in California and log in everyday. I am also looking for support because nobody in my life is going through this battle.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me . I have lost 50 pounds and have another 61 to go !
  • sashafantastica
    Options
    Well, I am 31 years old, and weigh in at 298 pounds. For my 6'4" frame, I need to be under 197pounds, so my goal is 195 pounds. I am also looking for friends to support me through this and share frustrations and victories with. I started just 2 days ago, and have already lost 1.2 pounds and walked a few miles. On a sadder note, I miscarried my 3rd lost pregnancy (I was 19 weeks along) on the 8th of March and am still slightly sick from the infection that I had that may have ended my pregnancy, so I will be taking baby steps for a little longer. I intend to apply myself to this journey 100% until I conceive again. While I was pregnant I was miserable with pain and circulation problems and although my doctor says that it was not due to my weight, there is a part of me that disagrees with him. So, I hope people will consider adding me, so we can do this as a team!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have been weaning out my friend list recently too, of people that don't either log in frequently (meaning 2-3 wks or don't give any support ) I log in every day and try to get to the majority of my friends if not all so feel free to add me.
    Good Luck in your journey. I myself have another 64lbs to lose.
  • demi59
    demi59 Posts: 7
    Options
    HI,

I am logging in every day and have over 100 lbs to lose. I am still kind of new but I lost 12 lbs, I am only weighing myself once a week. I am planning on this being a one year journey, it might take longer but that is my first goal. I am very motivated, but I ma sure it would be easier with a friend or two.

Please add my to your friend list.
  • petkova
    petkova Posts: 72
    Options
    Add me if you are here to stay :)
  • lachivis
    lachivis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started and will be logging in on a regular basis. I starting at 272 and I set my goal to lose 50 because it's really half of what I want to lose.
    I'll be sending you a friend request :)
    We can do this!
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Anybody can add me if they want more friends and encouragement (: I've lost 18 pounds and still need to lose about 60 to get my first goal weight... and I still need to lose about 40 more after that , I log in as much as I can.. I'm at 50 days in a row right now..
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    For those weighing 300+ pounds:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1140-300
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I started October 5th, 2011 at 315.5 pounds. I am now at my current weight of 249.6 as of this morning. I log in everyday, and try to comment and give as much support as I can. I would like to lose about 170 pounds, and my ultimate goal is to join the military, which has always been a goal of mine.

Good luck everyone! :)