Water Water Water....

Options
Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
Okay so I was so close to being out the 180's....Because of going over on sodium last friday i was up 184 and the scale want move its stuck ugh.......:grumble: :grumble: :angry: :explode: I was at a 45lbs lost now only at 41lbs lost:explode: its sooo fustrating..I mean I am drinkin the extra water and staying within my calories and excercising..and the scale want bulge...I have even started drinking coffee(not a coffee drinker)...I bought aqua ban water pills..Everything to release the extra water and nothing....ugh:grumble: Its messing with my sanity for crying out loud..only 1lb away Im so upset...Icant seem to stay within in sodium :noway:

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    try sitting in the sauna...better yet, do your abs, squats, lunges and push up or jumping jacks in there. My trainer did that with me twice a week and it sure worked...and I really hate being sweaty and thought I was gonna die...but I wouldn't change a thing knowing what I know now :) Just mix it in and out of your routine time..do alittle out, do a little in...maybe that would help.... good luck sister :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Aww thanks I dont have acess to a sauna right now..But Ive been increasing my weight training because it makes me sweat more..ugh Im so fustrated right now:grumble: :explode:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    stand in the bathroom with the door and window shut adn turn on the hot water in the sink and tub...make believe...I D K...sounded good...ok, it would take a lot of water to steam up the bathroom...unless it is as small as mine :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I am now carrying about 9lbs of water myself. If you are really bloated try some asparagus and vinegar.

from an article

* Green tea is a natural diuretic food that has been in use for centuries in China.
    * Consumption of cranberry juice can aid in removal of excess fluid retention.
    * Apple cider vinegar exhibits natural diuretic properties and in addition maintains the potassium levels. It can be added to the salad dressing.
    * Dandelion is often used as a natural diuretic.
    * Nettle has natural diuretic properties that facilitate good cleansing.
    * Dandelion leaf tea aids in detoxification and has a beneficial effect on those suffering from cystitis and urinary tract infections.
    * Fennel has carminative and diuretic properties and is frequently used in seasoning food.

Diuretic food

Natural foods with high water content such as watermelons and cucumbers help increase urination and better flushing out of toxins. Cucumbers are rich in sulfur and silicon that stimulate the kidneys into better removal of uric acid. Watercress and artichokes are also natural diuretic foods.

Asparagus contains asparigine - a chemical alkaloid that boosts kidney performance, thereby improving waste removal from the body.

Brussel Spouts help in stimulating the kidneys and pancreas. This helps in better cleansing of cells.

Beets are natural diuretic foods that attack floating body fats and fatty deposits.

Oats contain silica - a natural diuretic.

Cabbage is known to aid breakage of fatty deposits, especially around the abdominal region.

Carrots are a rich source of carotene that speeds the metabolic rate of the body and hastens removal of fat deposits and waste.

Lettuce aids better metabolism and flushing of toxins.

Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C that aid the metabolism and release of water from the kidney to flush out waste.

Other than the other excellent properties that Garlic possesses, it is a natural diuretic food that aids breakage of fat. Horseradish, raw onions and radish speed up your metabolism.
  • Dianeb412
    Options
    dont worry about it- you know it will come off- just think positive
    I kn ow it is hard sometimes
    I struggle with my weight everyday but I come here everyday to get support from everyone that is going through the same thing
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    dont worry about it- you know it will come off- just think positive
    I kn ow it is hard sometimes
    I struggle with my weight everyday but I come here everyday to get support from everyone that is going through the same thing

Trust me I know Ive come here religiously since april 01..I love it here:bigsmile:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    OK, so you said you are drinking water, but you just started drinking coffee, right????

Alot of people don't know this, but for every 1 cup of a caffienated beverage, you need 3 cups of water to replace what is lost from the caffiene. The Mayo clinic recommends 9 cups of water for that average woman. But we are not ALL average, so the best way to determine the proper amount is to divide your current weight in half. The number you get is the number of ounces you should drink daily and adjust as your wiehgt goes down/up as neccessary. If you try diuretics to lose the water, but are dehydrated, your body will hold more water.....

Here's how you know if you are dehydrated:

Cleanse your face real good and tone with a non-astringent toner. (If you have one, if not don't worry about it.)
    Now look at yourself in the mirror with good incandescent or natural lighting. If you have a magnifying mirror, that will help ALOT too.

Look closely at your forehead. Dehydration will look like very fine, fine lines. Like onion skin. Pinch a small part of your skin and note how quickly it goes back to its original position. If it stays up for a slight moment, it is a sign of dehydration. And NO, putting lotion on your forehead won't change the signs of dehydration.

The reason I'm telling you this, is because there are alot of people who aren't getting enough hydration and retain water as a natural defense. Diuretics will make it worse, because your body will only retain more water to recover what has been lost. So if you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water, replacing water that is lost due to exercize and caffiene or nicotine or alcohol, then your body will not retain excess water. Even when you are taking a diuretic, it is vital to increase your water intake. Your body needs to have enough water in it to function properly, so you always have to put in what you let out. If you are consistant with all of that, it will return to its natural state and no more action is needed from you. Just patience.

Your doin' good girl! Don't let one pound frustrate you! And I'm sorry for rambling about water, but, I have passion...:laugh: So drink up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    OK, so you said you are drinking water, but you just started drinking coffee, right????

Alot of people don't know this, but for every 1 cup of a caffienated beverage, you need 3 cups of water to replace what is lost from the caffiene. The Mayo clinic recommends 9 cups of water for that average woman. But we are not ALL average, so the best way to determine the proper amount is to divide your current weight in half. The number you get is the number of ounces you should drink daily and adjust as your wiehgt goes down/up as neccessary. If you try diuretics to lose the water, but are dehydrated, your body will hold more water.....

Here's how you know if you are dehydrated:

Cleanse your face real good and tone with a non-astringent toner. (If you have one, if not don't worry about it.)
    Now look at yourself in the mirror with good incandescent or natural lighting. If you have a magnifying mirror, that will help ALOT too.

Look closely at your forehead. Dehydration will look like very fine, fine lines. Like onion skin. Pinch a small part of your skin and note how quickly it goes back to its original position. If it stays up for a slight moment, it is a sign of dehydration. And NO, putting lotion on your forehead won't change the signs of dehydration.

The reason I'm telling you this, is because there are alot of people who aren't getting enough hydration and retain water as a natural defense. Diuretics will make it worse, because your body will only retain more water to recover what has been lost. So if you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water, replacing water that is lost due to exercize and caffiene or nicotine or alcohol, then your body will not retain excess water. Even when you are taking a diuretic, it is vital to increase your water intake. Your body needs to have enough water in it to function properly, so you always have to put in what you let out. If you are consistant with all of that, it will return to its natural state and no more action is needed from you. Just patience.

Your doin' good girl! Don't let one pound frustrate you! And I'm sorry for rambling about water, but, I have passion...:laugh: So drink up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

No Its cool thanks for this information..I gladly appreciate it I had no idea...and its 4lbs not 1lb I was 1lb away from the 170's:grumble:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

No Its cool thanks for this information..I gladly appreciate it I had no idea...and its 4lbs not 1lb I was 1lb away from the 170's:grumble:

O, my bad! 4 lbs. We are very close, so I feel ya. I'm bustin' my butt to get to that 179, OOOOO, that will be soooooo nice!!! I was six pounds away, but then aunt stupid flo stopped by, so I'm waiting to weigh myself so I don't get mad at her, lol:laugh:
    Good luck!
  • Shanta1983
    Options

O, my bad! 4 lbs. We are very close, so I feel ya. I'm bustin' my butt to get to that 179, OOOOO, that will be soooooo nice!!! I was six pounds away, but then aunt stupid flo stopped by, so I'm waiting to weigh myself so I don't get mad at her, lol:laugh:
    Good luck!

I know right you probaly get their before me Im way over my sodium the reason Im up 4lbs anyway:grumble: I was 180lb before the splurge ugh.................... I can scream 1lb away and up the scale it went 184 what a bummer dude:explode: :explode: