Ninja Blender

Options

Replies

• BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! Just got my newer Ninja for Christmas. I have been using one for years now. You'll love it!
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Awesome recipes everyone. Gonna have to try them.
    My mother has the ninja, I think it's pretty cool. I have the Cuisinart Multi Functional Blender/Soupmaker. Great smoothies & a great soup cooker. I'd highly suggest that one to anyone looking for a high-end blender...don't get me wrong, ninja is awesome but the cooking function with the Cuisinart is fantastic. Great, quick & healthy soups in 30-40 mintues. I just made a light cheddar broccoli last night in. Fantastic.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    YES, I do, just got one for Christmas and I LOVE IT! I like frozen bananas and strawberries or any mixed berries (frozen) about a half cup to 3/4cup, a little ice, some milk, and a scoop of proein powder, yum yum! Also puree'ing apples into applesauce, YUM! Same with bananas MMMMmmm mmmm. (I love banana baby food, hehe) You can do pretty much anything with it with any fruits or veggies. Comes in especially handy with little ones too, making your own fun snacks for them, making fruits and veggies fun!!:bigsmile: Also makes, making guacamole, and fresh pasta sauces and stir frys, SUPER easy!
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Do you have one of these? If so do you have any good smoothie recipes. I have never made a smoothie in my life, but it is time to change all of that so if you have a good recipe send it my way, please.
    I make double batches,freeze in blender bottles so I have it for snack or lunch the next day.
    2 cups frozen berries
    1 frozen banana
    1 cup Greek yogurt
    1 serving whey protein
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    1/4 cup water more if need
    2 servings-250 calories each
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I adore my Ninja! I like smoothies with juice, greek yogurt, and fresh/frozen fruit. Whatever I have in the house, plus ice, and NINJA!
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I got 2 of these for Christmas
    one that can do smoothies and one that can do cookie/pizza dough, smoothies, juicing and food chopping
    I LOVE THEM! :flowerforyou:

I am looking for ideas to try also

I made some homemade OJ couple days ago, was amazing!
    made a light/fat free egg nogg slushy after Christmas it was totally awesome :drinker:
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm asking for a new blender for Christmas. I was thinking of the Ninja Blender (not the one that is a food processor too). What do people think of the Ninja Blender? I want a good blender that will really crush ice. My current one leaves big chunks of ice.

It will turn ice to snow ive done slurpees with it its amazing! Just be careful.... first time with me it almost took a ninja jump off my counter :tongue: :ohwell: :blushing:
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    Just got one today and cannot wait to try it out! Fridge is already full of great veggies.

ETA: Just made a green smoothie and this blender whooped up on the celery! Not a string anywhere!!

Celery - Raw, 1 stalk large (~11"-12" long)
    1 kiwi fruit
    Water Cress Raw, 0.5 cup
    Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove <<
    Leave this out unless you just like the smell/flavor of garlic
    ½ Granny Smith Apple
    100% Pomegranate Juice, ~8 oz.
    ice
  • livelovelaugh12
    Options
    1 cup almond milk, chocolate
    1/2 cup frozen cherries
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1 medium banana
    2-3 ice cubes

Adjust the ice cubes or frozen fruit to change the thickness of the smoothie.I also heard of putting a teaspoon or two of peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter. I did not try adding the peanut butter...yet.
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    OMG, I'm asking for a new blender for Christmas. I was thinking of the Ninja Blender (not the one that is a food processor too). What do people think of the Ninja Blender? I want a good blender that will really crush ice. My current one leaves big chunks of ice.

It will turn ice to snow ive done slurpees with it its amazing! Just be careful.... first time with me it almost took a ninja jump off my counter :tongue: :ohwell: :blushing:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ahhhh haha mine did that 2 nites ago!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Just got one today and cannot wait to try it out! Fridge is already full of great veggies.

ETA: Just made a green smoothie and this blender whooped up on the celery! Not a string anywhere!!

Celery - Raw, 1 stalk large (~11"-12" long)
    1 kiwi fruit
    Water Cress Raw, 0.5 cup
    Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove <<
    Leave this out unless you just like the smell/flavor of garlic
    ½ Granny Smith Apple
    100% Pomegranate Juice, ~8 oz.
    ice

Niccceeee. That's what I like to hear, lol. How did it taste? Sounds like it was actually rather flavorful, do you use POM Wonderul Pomegranate juice? If not what do you use? I'm stocked up on it and love the stuff but can only handle so much by itself before it affects my allergy? Thank you for sharing this!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    1 cup almond milk, chocolate
    1/2 cup frozen cherries
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1 medium banana
    2-3 ice cubes

Adjust the ice cubes or frozen fruit to change the thickness of the smoothie.I also heard of putting a teaspoon or two of peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter. I did not try adding the peanut butter...yet.

Just bought some Almond juice and I was loking for a good smoothie recipe to use it in for after my workout today. This sounds great, and with p.b, mmmmmm!
  • 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The trick is to use frozen fruit so you don't have to put in ice. You can get big bags of frozen fruit at Target, and I get organic bananas (they do taste better) and cut them up and freeze them myself. I also discovered that you can save calories using unsweetened almond milk, and the smoothie turns out sweet enough just with the fruit! I've also found yogurt and ice cream are totally unnecessary-- adding some peanut or almond butter adds enough fat to make the smoothie rich, and it's plant-based, which is a plus in my book. You can use whatever protein powder works for you-- I'm lactose intolerant, so I used Jay Robb Egg White protein powder, until my boyfriend with an egg allergy came along, when I started using Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder.

My all-time favorite:

1 cup frozen banana
    1/2 cup frozen grapes
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 T peanut butter

Blend until smooth -- add water if it's too thick to slurp, or eat it with a spoon like ice cream!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    The trick is to use frozen fruit so you don't have to put in ice. You can get big bags of frozen fruit at Target, and I get organic bananas (they do taste better) and cut them up and freeze them myself. I also discovered that you can save calories using unsweetened almond milk, and the smoothie turns out sweet enough just with the fruit! I've also found yogurt and ice cream are totally unnecessary-- adding some peanut or almond butter adds enough fat to make the smoothie rich, and it's plant-based, which is a plus in my book. You can use whatever protein powder works for you-- I'm lactose intolerant, so I used Jay Robb Egg White protein powder, until my boyfriend with an egg allergy came along, when I started using Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder.

My all-time favorite:

1 cup frozen banana
    1/2 cup frozen grapes
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 T peanut butter

Blend until smooth -- add water if it's too thick to slurp, or eat it with a spoon like ice cream!

Yummmm. I like to buy Dole "Wildly Nutritious" Mixed Berries with Cranberries. That's usually all I need for sweetness (but I'm also not a huge fan of sweets) I also like their Strawberry/Banana Blend as well with a scoop of Almond butter or Peanut Butter, yum yum!
  • hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix and I love it...!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I/2 scoop of synthia-6 protein powder(I do the mochachino)
    1 tbs dry PB2
    2 tbs sugar free hazelnut syrup (or you can do it without)
    .25 tbs dark chocolate hersheys syrup
    1 cup almond breeze unsweetened 35 or 40 calories per cup
    Handful of ice

under 200 calories
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later! :happy:
  • hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of buying one today!! I would love the vitamix, but it is just not in my budget right now..
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1/4 c coconut milk
    1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 shots espresso
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    3 dashes cinnamon
    2 handfuls ice

I've been having this every morning. It packs a mojo-go-go :D