what is an acheivable weight loss goal for someone who is 16

Options
Continued,,
160lb in 80 days? I'd appreciate some feekback as I am new and I don't want to be pushing myself too much/too little :)

Replies

• DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how overweight the teen in question is. Take a look at a BMI chart and see where your healthy weight range is and shoot for that. Do not cut calories below 1200 and try and get in some cardio and strength training. Most importantly do this for yourself first and foremost, not what boys want or what you think they want, not to fit the ideal you see in media or to fit in with the popular girls. I tried dieting in highschool and failed because I was doing it for all of the wrong reasons and when I hit a bump in the road I'd feel it wasn't worth it and I'd binge for a few weeks.
  • bethaniee06
    Options
    Thankyou. I am actually 19 but the topic posted before I had chance to edit! I am currently classed as overweight and would like to lose around a stone, which I think is ok. I just wanted some advice to see if I was pushing myself too much or if it is actually doable :)
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just google BMI chart and find the "Healthy Weight" and then aim at 1 - 2lbs per week till you reach that "healthy Weight" then just maintain.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    At 160 pounds, what is your ultimate goal? I'm guessing 20 to 40 lbs, depending on your height. That's not a lot to lose so I wouldn't aim for more than 1 lb. a week, and possibly only .5 lbs if you only need to lose 20.\

ETA: I just noticed your ticker that you want to lose 30 lbs. I would say between .5 lb a week and 1 lb a week. Maybe shoot for 3/4 of a pound a week!
  • bethaniee06
    Options
    Thank you to you both :) i will aim for about a pound a week.