bodybugg, bodymedia, or fitbit

Options

Replies

• Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bodybugg is what I use. On their website it cost 160.00, but in stores like scheels about 130.00, I got the later model which works just the same and paid 80 for it new. There is no monthly fee, you wear it on your upper left arm on your tricep, it is very light weight and trackes teh calories you burn for everything you do as long as you wear it. You use a USB cable to hook it up with your computer and then yoo can see how many calories you burned during anytime of the day. The new bodybugg you can hook up with your smart phone. On bodybuggs website you can create a prgram specific to your needs and it lets you log your food, workouts, etc like MFP. I use bodbugg becuase it is most accurate with the calories you burn. I use MFP to log my food because they have a huge database of foods, and bodybugg does not on their website. Hope this helps!
  • SamanthaTheSpartan
    Options
    How do I link FitBit to MFP?
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    how does fitbit know how many calories burned? I mean do you put your weight or anything in it?
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit as well. One thing I noticed though, I live in a very hilly area and run/walk a lot, fitbit seems to view the uphill as climbing stairs which to me is fine since my uphills here are steep and equivalent to stairs in my opinion. It also automatically adds to MFP your calories burn so you do not enter those anymore yourself. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out everything (I am not super savvy when it comes to electronic gadget, lol...)
  • ec10651
    ec10651 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a fitbit, too. Love it!
    I just got my fitbit last night and i'm not sure besides downloading the program what i'm supposed to do now. any tell me how to get started
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Love the Fitbit, buy, download the software, set it up and connect. I am so addicted, it will make you want to get up and walk more. The badges are such a great motivator and best of all, you only pay for the fitbit it's self. Sync it with MFP and eat more!

Perfect IMO.
  • Knitiquegirl
    Options
    I've had the body bugg, and liked it but I LOVE the fitbit. It's small, hooks onto your bra, between your boobs. I've heard people leashing it but I've had no troubles keeping it on. It tracks everything that everyone has already stated, plus it updates your calories if you are above what MFP says you should be burning. So most days besides my exercise calories, I have a fitbit adjustment of sometimes up to 500 calories. It really just depends on how active my day is. I like that you can track your sleep, and that the food calories sync between the two programs. For me the Body Bugg was a little too big, it's hard to leave it on your arm the whole time, and I ended up getting a rash under it. With the fit bit it doesn't wrap around just clips. When doing the research they seemed about the same accuracy. When I work out I do wear a heart rate monitor with a chest strap to get the True amount of calories burned. I'm all "gadgeted up".

Hope this helps with your decision,

Danielle
  • sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Liked body bugg. Cons are monthly fee and after a while it just got irritating to wear. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fitbit and how it syncs with MFP. Small and no one knows you are wearing it. I wear a HRM for workouts and log them in on MFP along with the time and Fitbit automatically adjusts its calories. Genius! And yes it does give you that little incentive to move more and get your badges. Silly but effective! :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hey fitbit people - are you finding that your fitbit adjustment goes down between bedtime and the morning. I have and so keep finding i've overeaten slightly based on it.

Thanks
  • nsweatt1965
    nsweatt1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't get my fitbit to sync with MFP. I see that it is syncing with the FITBIT sit but not to MFP so I know it's activated. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I got a BodyMedia Fit through a Groupon deal a couple weeks ago! It was half-price! I had been considering getting a FitBit because it was cheaper, but when the special deal for the BodyMedia came along, I couldn't say no. I liked the combination of sensors built into the BodyMedia. You get really comprehensive and accurate numbers!

I've been blogging about my BodyMedia results. The data is FASCINATING!

Check my blog out, if you like: http://exercisegadgets.wordpress.com/
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is $99 to buy and has no monthly fee. It tracks sleep, calories, activity levels, steps, mileage, flights of stairs, etc. It's fantastic and very worth the money.
    ^^^ No monthly fee is a huge +
  • mandysnow00
    mandysnow00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit! I love it!!!!!
  • JanuaryJan
    Options
    Love my fitbit. Wear it clipped inside the middle of my bra and I forget I even have it on sometimes. I love that it synchs with MFP, and it totally motivates me to put in more steps, be more active, and climb more stairs! I'm so addicted to it now that it is kind of like my cell phone - I feel lost without it! I like that it tracks my sleep for me too.
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about how to sync the Fitbit with MFP... I just went to tools and on the left it shows the fitbit and says "learn more" or something like that. It's pretty clear after that. It's like 2 clicks and it asks if you have a Fitbit account or want to buy a Fitbit. If you have one already you click that and it does it automatically.

Another person asked about seeing it on this site. I had the same problem being able to see the link on the Fitbit site, but not on MFP. The only place I could actually see the Fitbit readings here was under "My Home" and "check-in" where you enter your weight/measurements. There were two more lines under the measurements for Fitbit steps and Fitbit sleep info... that's where I found the information here.
    Hope that helps....
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    how does fitbit know how many calories burned? I mean do you put your weight or anything in it?

^^^ This ^^^^

I have a Body Bugg which I love, but I dont think I really use it to its full capacity. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that it has a phone App so I can get an up to minute review of steps and daily calories viewed without having to get on the computer and up load, but I guess if the FitBit syncs to MFP, I could see that on my phone too.
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, too. Love it!
    I just got my fitbit last night and i'm not sure besides downloading the program what i'm supposed to do now. any tell me how to get started
    Once you download the program and follow the instructions, you enter in the number for your fitbit and you are good to go. You then have to sync it with MFP from the fitbit site. I enter food and exercise on MFP not on fitbit. MFP will update the fitbit but if you enter info on the fitbit site it will not log it here. I use an HRM for exercises so I know what I enter is accurate and the Fitit makes the adjustments for me.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Fitbit tracks based on movement only, BodyBugg and BodyMedia Fit are more advanced technologically IMO (tracking bodyheat and moisture/perspiration in addition to movement). If I get the chance, I want to buy a BodyMedia Fit. Normally they come with at least 3 months of free access to the website for tracking and you can get good deals on the subscriptions on ebay as well. Supposedly FitBit is very good for things like walking/running/etc but not so great for some other types of exercise - I hear BodyMedia Fit is much better at tracking calories for things like weightlifting which is something I'm very interested in getting into, so that's another factor that gives bonus points to the BMF for me personally (might not be so much of a factor for others, but something to consider).

There's a thread on the board here somewhere where a person is using BOTH the FitBit and the BodyMedia Fit at the same time and comparing the data each day to see how much it differs. Might be interesting for some people to watch and compare if they're trying to decide which to buy. Lemme go see if I can find the thread....

ETA: Here it is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/541799-bodymedia-fit-vs-fitbit-accuracy