Can you exercise in the morning?

Options

Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, if I workout in the morning, I'm done for the day! Working out after supper is best for me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person at all.. it's much better now though but I still don't like doing anything in the morning. I do all my working out in the evening.
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person. I love getting in a workout before going to work where I sit at a desk all day. It also gives me the evenings free to do other things (like sing in a choir).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have to do it in the morning, or I have too many excuses or I run out of time, or I am too beat after a day at work and chasing around my boys.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I prefer it, but now being pregnant, I have to find the energy to do it at all, and usually now it's AFTER work... I cannot get up at 4:30 anymore....
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    NO i have to be at work by 5..pretty impossible
  • DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    I try to exercise in the morning but at 7 AM (when I need to get up if I'm going to do it) I find myself unable to pry myself out of bed. I am more active in the evening so it just seems more natural for me to work out in the evening.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I excercise after work which is about 5:30. Even when I was on vacation I did not excercise until 2 in the afternoon. I am not a morning person. My boss swims every morning at 5am.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Exercise requires consciousness. So, no..
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, but I am a morning workout person. If I wait until after work, something comes up, or I talk myself out of it, or whatever. If I get up and get it done, then its done and I feel a sense of accomplishment. At the gym this morning at 6:30 for my boxing class. Now I'm done for the day except for walking my little buddy tonight.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person at all.. it's much better now though but I still don't like doing anything in the morning. I do all my working out in the evening.

Same here...if I know I'm not going to have time in the evening, I'll make myself get up and do it in the morning...but it is a struggle for me. Never been a morning workout person...certainly not first thing. I prefer mid day or evening. Fortunately, I have the luxary of being able to go in the middle of the day on occasion which frees up my evenings.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I run in the mornings. For Easy Run days, I normally just have a cup of coffee before I go. For speed work days, I drink a 7% dextrose solution to get me started. 18 or 19 grams of dextrose powder in 250 ml of water.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I make a conscious effort to get into the gym first thing in the morning (EARLY) otherwise it just doesn't happen that day. Luckily I have a dog and if I can't make it to the gym I take him for two walks that are about an hour long and keep about a 4mph pace.
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i have always thought no way, because i am so far from a morning person and am a total night owl. but i was getting nowhere with dreading it all day and then being too tired and just not doing it at all. for the last 3 weeks i've been getting up and meeting a friend at 6.30am and we've started the c25k. turns out i can do it in the morning and then feel pleased all day knowing that i've done it already.
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person. I tried repeatedly over the years to get up early and exercise, but I just can't do it. Finally, at age 40, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be a morning person. I usually try to work out around lunchtime, or just before dinner. Those are the best times of day for me.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the mornings a lot. I wouldn't say there's a time that I'm not full in it, unless it's a mental thing. Sometimes I'm tired and my head just isn't in it, the time of day doesn't really matter. Though in the afternoons between about 1-230 or so (post-lunch), my motivation sometimes wanes. I try not to make exercise decisions during that time frame.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If I try to exercise in the morning I feel like I'm going to throw up. Seriously. I am good to go around 4 pm which is about 2 hours after I have lunch (with carbs).
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    In the start of my journey, morning workouts made me sick, literally, NOW I love them, and I can't function well throughout my day if I don't get that workout in.

Originally my best time to exercise was afternoon or mid evening, I love that time. Night is good too.
  • TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Morning exercise before work = not for me! Morning exercise on a weekend = gets its out of the way!

It's weird. If I work out before work I feel crappy all day...maybe its a psychological thing but if I have to work that day I save my workout for the evenings so I don't feel like crap for 8 hours sitting at a desk.
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    No. I HATE exercising in the mornings. I've tried, it just doesn't work for me. Not that I can't, but I just don't enjoy it and don't push myself as hard as the evenings. I enjoy my workouts at night and push myself hard. Everyone is different.