Funny, but not-so funny question....

Options

Replies

• MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    i think ill take what i have .... pretty and overweight :tongue:
    j~

Bravo!! Yes, marywilldiet, your quite right :happy: I forgot some said that!!
  • KathyR
    KathyR Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    this is definately a chick question you can't be overweight and attractive thats bull.
    I am extremely over weight and am very pretty inside and out, beauty comes from within and if you act like your dumpy and dont care, it isnt gonna matter weather your skinny or not. One has to love themselves before someone else can see what to love. When you get older one will not keeps thier looks on the outside so all they have left is the beauty from within. Seams to me all you look at in people are the outsides. And that my friend is sad.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I would bet if I and a slender woman with not much looks, were sitting next to each other at a public place, a man will go up and strike a conversation with her before they would with me, the fat one. :wink: But right now being slender is the healthier of us both no matter what people think of her looks, plus her being slender makes her more attractive then fat. Just the way the world thinks in my opinion:glasses:
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    I understand some people are simply butt ugly, like me and some are absolutely gorgeous regardless of weight, But I argue that you can be attractive and overweight. Regardless of how smooth clean and round beutiful eyes and skin you have, The fat is simply unattractive. Which is why Im here. Im tired of looking and feeling like crap. Which is why I think this question is ridiculous. No one can even come up with a straight answer they have to justify and fix the problem, hence the "I can lose it anyway" and "Skinny is healthy" This question is absurd.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    this is definately a chick question you can't be overweight and attractive thats bull.

No I believe she said the survey was for men and women for the book. But there has been many times in my overweight years that the comment to me would be, you sure have a pretty face. I know there are a lot of overweight women out there that have heard the same thing. Those that said that just didn't finish what they were thinking, .....but your fat. So is attractive the right choice of word for describing their appearance as ugly? Can't a man be overweight and be handsome? Okay I just read your last post, and understand more of what you are saying. As I stated in my answer the world , society judges that fat is ugly.........or unattractive .
  • KathyR
    Options
    I understand some people are simply butt ugly, like me and some are absolutely gorgeous regardless of weight, But I argue that you can be attractive and overweight. Regardless of how smooth clean and round beutiful eyes and skin you have, The fat is simply unattractive. Which is why Im here. Im tired of looking and feeling like crap. Which is why I think this question is ridiculous. No one can even come up with a straight answer they have to justify and fix the problem, hence the "I can lose it anyway" and "Skinny is healthy" This question is absurd.
    NOT all men think the way you are. My husband thinks im the most beautiful and atractive person to be seen and i weight 286 pounds He also thinks other over weight woman are pretty that we see.
  • KathyR
    Options
    And another thing while im hot about this now...... I think it is rediculas to sit here on this site and tell all overweight people that they are not atractive. If you choose to look at yourself that way go ahead...
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    thats right the poll states overweight and very attractive. I didn't say overweight is ugly. I am saying overweight is unattractive. Therefore I cannot believe anyone can be "overweight and very attractive". I believe only someone with insecurity issues would state something of that nature. Just admit it overweight is unattractive. I also don't understand the beauty from inside statement. Have you seen those surgery videos our insides are disgusting some people couldn't be surgeons because of it. You may be an extremely nice person careing, loving, and outgoing but your insides are definately not beautiful.
  • KathyR
    Options
    thats right the poll states overweight and very attractive. I didn't say overweight is ugly. I am saying overweight is unattractive. Therefore I cannot believe anyone can be "overweight and very attractive". I believe only someone with insecurity issues would state something of that nature. Just admit it overweight is unattractive. I also don't understand the beauty from inside statement. Have you seen those surgery videos our insides are disgusting some people couldn't be surgeons because of it. You may be an extremely nice person careing, loving, and outgoing but your insides are definately not beautiful.
    OMG now your being dumb about things and i for one am NOT insecure beauty comes from within means who you are inside, your heart, the way you act, the way you feel, the way you percieve yourself to others, your personality and so on there are alot of men and woman who think that a bigger person is more atractive then thin so it is all in the eye of that person.
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    "comes from within means who you are inside, your heart, the way you act, the way you feel, the way you percieve yourself to others"

yes I will give you that. I dont mean to stir things up but I simply didnt agree with this question. I'm sure you are a great person, and I am not directing any of these comments directly to you.

I know most people don't like my comment on overweight not being attractive but everyone knows its true whether they admit it or not.

Everyone hear wants to feel healthy and "look good" (not overweight)
  • KathyR
    Options
    hmmmmmmmm well i for one want to lose weight but if i can't and i am learning to just eat properly and healthier then i am happy. So maybe im on the wrong site if like you say everyone basically thinks like you. Guess i wont be adding or reading the forums anymore. stick to myself
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    no keep reading. I'm the first to admit I am an a-hole. everyone hear is a lot more supportive than I am. Don't let someone like me stop you from fullfilling your goals.

by the way how is this attractive?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=552792&in_page_id=1773
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    :smile:

Alright, I'm a guy (last time I checked at least) and I think I can honestly answer the question of 'can someone be overweight and still be very attractive?' The answer is unequivocally 'YES!'. For instance, I have dated all body types. From very petite and slender (My ex-wife :grumble: ) to Curvy and plump. I can say without pause, that every woman I have dated I found attractive, and I have been lucky enough to say that most were even very very pretty. In fact one of the loves of my life was very much not the hollywood ideal of what a woman 'should' look like. Did I (do I still?) find her attractive? You betcha!

Different people find different body types attractive. I have a cousin who is extremely large, but her husband married her because he finds her amazingly beautiful, and will tell anyone who looks at her that 'she belongs to him.'

Look, big boobs and a tiny waist are not at all the ideal hollywood makes it out to be. There are a GREAT many women that I do NOT find attractive due to trying to follow that ideal.

To be honest (and not to be inappropriate), a great many of the women here on MFP are very pretty (yes that means physically!!!), and it makes me sad to know that some doubt their looks because of some stupid irrational media idealization.

(Intimate personal details incoming!) My ex-wife was 5'4" tall and weighed 108 pounds. She looked like Kate Beckinsale in the face, and had the cutest butt ever (yeah, I said it), but she CONSTANTLY doubted her attractiveness. She always complained about how ugly she was, and how she was 'too fat'. There was NOTHING I could say that could change how she saw herself, and it crushed me. In the end she ended up being a very different person than who I fell in love with (a story for another day) and was just as ugly inside, as she was pretty on the outside. That's what people mean when they talk about inner beauty.

I would 10000000 times rather have someone who is heavy and pretty, that has confidence in herself, and a good 'beautiful soul' than someone who was pretty, hot, and thin (or however you want to say it) physically and was an awful person inside. I know from experience. Looks do not a person make. (Yoda talk ftw!)

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me God. :smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    KathyR please don't get discouraged and just quit reading and posting to the forums. I personally know plenty of men (even dated some myself) who think overweight women are very attractive. My son is one of those men. A majority of the girls/women he's had a crush on in his 21 years have been overweight. Just don't read TwistedLiquid's posts as he's a self-proclaimed a-hole and apparently proud to be one.

I just looked at that website and I'm asking how is that not attractive? She's very attractive!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

Alright, I'm a guy (last time I checked at least) and I think I can honestly answer the question of 'can someone be overweight and still be very attractive?' The answer is unequivocally 'YES!'. For instance, I have dated all body types. From very petite and slender (My ex-wife :grumble: ) to Curvy and plump. I can say without pause, that every woman I have dated I found attractive, and I have been lucky enough to say that most were even very very pretty. In fact one of the loves of my life was very much not the hollywood ideal of what a woman 'should' look like. Did I (do I still?) find her attractive? You betcha!

Different people find different body types attractive. I have a cousin who is extremely large, but her husband married her because he finds her amazingly beautiful, and will tell anyone who looks at her that 'she belongs to him.'

Look, big boobs and a tiny waist are not at all the ideal hollywood makes it out to be. There are a GREAT many women that I do NOT find attractive due to trying to follow that ideal.

To be honest (and not to be inappropriate), a great many of the women here on MFP are very pretty (yes that means physically!!!), and it makes me sad to know that some doubt their looks because of some stupid irrational media idealization.

(Intimate personal details incoming!) My ex-wife was 5'4" tall and weighed 108 pounds. She looked like Kate Beckinsale in the face, and had the cutest butt ever (yeah, I said it), but she CONSTANTLY doubted her attractiveness. She always complained about how ugly she was, and how she was 'too fat'. There was NOTHING I could say that could change how she saw herself, and it crushed me. In the end she ended up being a very different person than who I fell in love with (a story for another day) and was just as ugly inside, as she was pretty on the outside. That's what people mean when they talk about inner beauty.

I would 10000000 times rather have someone who is heavy and pretty, that has confidence in herself, and a good 'beautiful soul' than someone who was pretty, hot, and thin (or however you want to say it) physically and was an awful person inside. I know from experience. Looks do not a person make. (Yoda talk ftw!)

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me God. :smile:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You have a great attitude about this whole thing:flowerforyou:
  • charlie's girl
    Options
    To: TwistedLiquid

Regarding your horrible comment: Obviously, most people are not as shallow as you. Hopefully, you will grow up someday! I know many very attractive people who are overweight. There are a number of beautiful models who are plus-size and gorgeous. Just because you may not find it attractive doesn't make it true. Hopefully, you will not be judged as harshly as you judge others.
  • charlie's girl
    Options

Thanks!! This is what this site is about!! Obviously, you are a wise and mature man.
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    id rather be thin and unattractive i have seen both sides and id rather be healthy i wouldnt want to fight this battle (thin ppl always think they are attractive) and better than heavier ppl.i have an interesting question do you guys and gals think its possible to be happy and proud of who you are and stil;l want to change your size? :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    Well not that im on everyones good side. I am glad to see all of you supporting each other. It was just a simple comment. Call me shallow and what not, I just hope someone like me makes you feel better about yourself. For the record I am all grown up I just happen to think for myself and not go with mass majority.

believe me most people don't agree with what I have to say on a day to day bases. Just keep working your way up to looking attractive.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I am extremely over weight and am very pretty inside and out, beauty comes from within and if you act like your dumpy and dont care, it isnt gonna matter weather your skinny or not. One has to love themselves before someone else can see what to love. When you get older one will not keeps thier looks on the outside so all they have left is the beauty from within. Seams to me all you look at in people are the outsides. And that my friend is sad.

Well said :drinker: