What can you now stomach eating that you once couldn't

Options

Replies

• kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    edamame ... did not see that one coming!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. If I can get it down quickly enough, I don't mind the texture. It keeps me full for sooo long so it's worth the battle :)
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've always liked everything, I think that may have been part of my problem!:happy:

Me too!
  • Neiges
    Neiges Posts: 6
    Options
    Vegetables and fruit. I keep a plate full of sliced veggies and fruit on my desk and eat from it all day long at the office. Gone are those pesky cravings for unhealthy snacks, I'm so surprised!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Tomatoes. Balsamic vinegar.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mine was tuna. I would never touch it and couldn't get past the idea of it, but now I like it.

Same here. No one in my family can stomach even the smell of tuna, and now they say they'll have to disown me for liking it. :) Sometime after college I just starting forcing myself to eat it, and now I like it. I did the same thing with mushrooms when I was a teenager-- eventually your tastebuds can get used to anything.
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. I love them but would never even try them before.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bean sprouts! Apparently when I was little, I called them vampire worms-- I guess I thought because they were white they couldn't go in the sun? Idk, I was an odd child.

Also: Bell peppers, tuna, turkey, yoghurt, oatmeal, spinach...
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. If I can get it down quickly enough, I don't mind the texture. It keeps me full for sooo long so it's worth the battle :)

Have you tried the steel-cut kind? It has a chewier texure than the regular kind, but it takes longer too. You can "slow-cook" by boiling them for a minute then leaving it out overnight & re-heating in the morning.
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Tomatos and avocado's! I used to hate both of them, though not sure I had actually even tried them. (Why do we do that?) Anyway I had THE best sandwich last night with tomato, avocado, cucumber, and lean turkey. It was amazing...for a sandwich!
  • lynzinnc
    lynzinnc Posts: 44
    Options
    Hummus, baby carrots, most veggies, fruit, pretty much anything healthy! lol

WATER! I crave it now!
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. I bought a ton of chocolate protein powder, came home, made a shake and gagged. Disgusting. Ended up pouring it out.

Slowly...slowly...I've gotten used to it -- and finished that batch of powder.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Hard-boiled eggs.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    yogurt - I still cannot stand the regular kind at all, but I LOVE Greek yogurt. Eat it 3-4 times/week. I dont understand how I could hate one and love the other...but so be it.

black coffee - I always drank my coffee with about 120 calories of coffee creamer, and 2 packets of sweet n' low. then a couple months ago, when I got really serious about what I was eating, I decided to no longer use creamer so that I could start putting those calories toward "real food". I dropped the sweet n low, too. About once a month I will splurge on coffee creamer though.

fresh tomatoes - loved me some pasta sauce and addicted to ketchup, but could not stomach a fresh tomato. I now love the little cherry ones on my salads, and just recently learned that I can even eat a slice of a big tomato on my chicken sammich.

13800327.png
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and raw veggies. I now eat most of my veggies raw, and I don't even have to cover them in ranch dressing anymore.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Wheatgrass juice and chia seeds....I'm working on getting over my distaste for beets!
  • julflowerwitch
    Options
    sweet potatoes...love them now...and watermelon curbs my sugar cravings...:smile:
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and brocolli. I have found it to be a texture thing. The rawer (less cooked) the better, especially brocolli- I prefer it raw. Actually, now that I think of it, I like all veggies better raw (except corn and potatoes). Still working on sweet potatoes. Like them as fries, which is a start, I guess!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Oikos Greek Yogurt... At first it was just way too sweet and had a bit "too runny" of a textrure, but now I really like the vanilla brand and enjoy putting granola or fruit in it. Who knew?!!? ;)

I still haven't been able to get myself to try greek yogurt. I don't like regular yogurt. It's sour tasting.

I have always liked yogurt so maybe this really won't help. This morning I took some Zoi traditional greek yogurt and mixed it with a splash of Torani SF vanilla. Oh my, it tasted a lot like sweetened whipped cream but a little more dense. I put it on some low cal/low carb pumpkin bread and thought I was in heaven.
  • snowangl317
    snowangl317 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread!! I refused to eat it before and now I love it!