Tips for weight loss that people take for granted.

Options
124»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Matcha tea has caffiene, but avoid caffeinated beverages because they cause cortisol levels to rise!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Matcha tea has caffiene, but avoid caffeinated beverages because they cause cortisol levels to rise!

Green tea has caffeine as well. Caffeine while raising cortisol levels also raises metabolism. Mainly why it's used in ECA stacks to lose weight.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, fellow spiker! :smile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Green tea has caffeine as well. Caffeine while raising cortisol levels also raises metabolism. Mainly why it's used in ECA stacks to lose weight.

I'm simply saying that seems a little contradictory. =|
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Then why is it when I work out more, my eyes seem to spring open earlier and earlier everyday? I need to get a memo to my brain saying "5am is not wakey time".
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

I'm simply saying that seems a little contradictory. =|

You will run into that a bit, I do remember reading it's something about the way the caffeine in tea interacts with some of the other things in tea. I'm not sure I'd have to talk to James who wrote the article more about it. He's much smarter in that area than I am!
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump

need to get ready, going out for a curry with some friends so that's spicy food covered lol :)
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amyreafleng
    amyreafleng Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Any suggestion for someone who works 3 12 hour (7p-7a) shifts on various days a week to have a regular sleeping routine? I feel as though I have to switch from days to nights so I can be part of the family on my nights off...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Interesting read. Thanks x
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • acfkaren
    acfkaren Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Very interesting - thank you.
  • reggiegirl44
    Options

Oh and I do have two sons in wheelchairs, one has Cerebral Palsy and the other Muscular Dystrophy , but they don't keep me up at night.....but they do drive me crazy, but not as crazy as my 2 able bodied teenage sons :laugh:
    JK....great kids!

Awesome! I will tell my daughter "You're driving me crazy" and she totally breaks from her naughty-ness to use her hands like she driving a car "vroooom" oh my it's too cute.

lol....sounds very cute and seems to stop the naughtyness.
  • irenep22
    irenep22 Posts: 59
    Options
    My enemy , hes name is stress :/
  • irenep22
    irenep22 Posts: 59
    Options
    Relaxation
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    Well now I'm really depressed:(

I know I'm massively sleep deprived but I'm very good and follow all your tips - you just forgot to add in the most important tip: DON'T HAVE ANY BABIES/SMALL CHILDREN/A DISABLED PARTNER. I "shoot" for 7 hours sleep a night, but just never seem to make it......

And I'm allergic to chilli, so that's an awful lot of spicy food out the window.

I do drink green tea when I can be bothered, but TBH I don't drink hot drinks much at all. I'm still trying to train my work colleagues not to dump a cup of coffee on my desk every morning - I've got them down to no more than one a day now...... The concept of green tea is waaaay beyond them LOL. And I only drink water at home since I've already paid for it!

ANd I refuse to buy anything that "comes as a powder from health food shops" especially if it is marketed as a "superfood" - how gullable (and rich) do you think I am?

I guess I'm stuck with being fat forever:(

Or maybe I'll stick to the cheap and empirically tested weight loss technique of exercising more and eating less calories, which seem s to be doing the job OK so far.....

I feel you! Our 6 year old was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and it seems like my only peace is at night and then I have to get up at 2 am every morning to check her blood sugar. I also wake up at 520 when my husband goes to PT and again 630 to get the kids ready for school. Whine, whine, whine. lol. It's hard to get enough sleep. :)