Running hydration pack/waist belt

jtintx
jtintx Posts: 445 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I currently have a Fuel Belt brand hydration belt but I don't like it all that much because it keeps riding up around my waist. I want something that will stay lower on me, more around my hips than waist and stay put while I run. Doesn't really matter to me if it has just one or multiple bottles. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I currently have a Fuel Belt brand hydration belt but I don't like it all that much because it keeps riding up around my waist. I want something that will stay lower on me, more around my hips than waist and stay put while I run. Doesn't really matter to me if it has just one or multiple bottles. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I had never used a hydration belt before and made the boo boo of trying it for a half marathon. Man, the weight of the fluids totally slowed me down.I ended up chucking them at mile 5. Maybe the belt with the little bottles that go all around you waist will give equal distribution and not seem so bad.:drinker:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    I have a hydration belt too and can't say that I like it either. It bounces up and down and twists around my waste the whole time I am jogging.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Has anyone tried a camel back? More of a backpack you were with a straw to your mouth? A friend suggested I get one, I haven't yet but wondered if anyone else has used one.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    I have one that only holds one bottle. I like it quite a bit. But I can't remember the brand! I bought it at Sports Chek and it was with the hiking stuff. However, unless I get it in the perfect position it does still move a bit when I run. What about trying the back pack ones?
  • REI is where i got my 4L backPack.
    I love it, the added pockets on the belt keep things handy and the bag of water has a string tighten system, helps as you empty it.
    I love the belt to hold it steady, and I did not think the breathable backing was all that, well it is and I would say for anyone needing to carry water go for it. Nice not to have to take bottles out carry empties and be unbalanced.
    It will add to the load, just the water is 8 pounds, but you get use to it easily.

I got it to carry water for my dog, and got the one with more add on room for his seal able extra cool vest inserts, I must say I thought due to carrin a Tupperware canister with ice and water would leak, but due to all the ties it stays upright.
    Get the tube cleaner, and for dog helpers get another hose adding a valve on off is easy.
    I got the bigger one like the choice of adding ice over night if I ever use it without taking my baby.

244167.png
This discussion has been closed.