Funny, but not-so funny question....

Options

Replies

• TwistedLiquid
    Options
    I agree with you and your question i would like to see a few answers on that. I also agree with your statement on how thin people always think their attractive being thin doesn't mean your attractive opposed to being overweight and unattractve. Like I said before some people are butt ugly "inside and out" like me.
  • KathyR
    KathyR Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is my last post i will be making. Just for the record, i joined mfp to get healthier not more attractive because i already know i am attractive. I joined because eating healthier will lessen my chance of getting my cancer back, also it is better for my bad back and bones, and also for my cholestoral and also for my high blood pressure which is HIGH right now cause of TwistedLiguid and his stupid remarks and shallowness. It is unfortunate that someone like that has made me decide not to do the forums any more And i deleted my pic so i wont gross you out or anyone else who thinks like you. Best of luck on your journey to looking atractive but your still going to be the same JERK on the inside Good bye
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I agree with you and your question i would like to see a few answers on that. I also agree with your statement on how thin people always think their attractive being thin doesn't mean your attractive opposed to being overweight and unattractve. Like I said before some people are butt ugly "inside and out" like me.

Ok,. then the way I see it, you have decided to do something about making yourself 'more physically attractive'. Ok, cool. I wish you the greatest luck.

Now I challenge you to do something about the inside. It's actually not as hard as you are making it.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    thats right the poll states overweight and very attractive. I didn't say overweight is ugly. I am saying overweight is unattractive. Therefore I cannot believe anyone can be "overweight and very attractive". I believe only someone with insecurity issues would state something of that nature. Just admit it overweight is unattractive. I also don't understand the beauty from inside statement. Have you seen those surgery videos our insides are disgusting some people couldn't be surgeons because of it. You may be an extremely nice person careing, loving, and outgoing but your insides are definately not beautiful.

Alright, I'm a guy (last time I checked at least) and I think I can honestly answer the question of 'can someone be overweight and still be very attractive?' The answer is unequivocally 'YES!'. For instance, I have dated all body types. From very petite and slender (My ex-wife :grumble: ) to Curvy and plump. I can say without pause, that every woman I have dated I found attractive, and I have been lucky enough to say that most were even very very pretty. In fact one of the loves of my life was very much not the hollywood ideal of what a woman 'should' look like. Did I (do I still?) find her attractive? You betcha!

Different people find different body types attractive. I have a cousin who is extremely large, but her husband married her because he finds her amazingly beautiful, and will tell anyone who looks at her that 'she belongs to him.'

Look, big boobs and a tiny waist are not at all the ideal hollywood makes it out to be. There are a GREAT many women that I do NOT find attractive due to trying to follow that ideal.

To be honest (and not to be inappropriate), a great many of the women here on MFP are very pretty (yes that means physically!!!), and it makes me sad to know that some doubt their looks because of some stupid irrational media idealization.

(Intimate personal details incoming!) My ex-wife was 5'4" tall and weighed 108 pounds. She looked like Kate Beckinsale in the face, and had the cutest butt ever (yeah, I said it), but she CONSTANTLY doubted her attractiveness. She always complained about how ugly she was, and how she was 'too fat'. There was NOTHING I could say that could change how she saw herself, and it crushed me. In the end she ended up being a very different person than who I fell in love with (a story for another day) and was just as ugly inside, as she was pretty on the outside. That's what people mean when they talk about inner beauty.

I would 10000000 times rather have someone who is heavy and pretty, that has confidence in herself, and a good 'beautiful soul' than someone who was pretty, hot, and thin (or however you want to say it) physically and was an awful person inside. I know from experience. Looks do not a person make. (Yoda talk ftw!)

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me God. :smile:

Also well said :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    This is my last post i will be making. Just for the record, i joined mfp to get healthier not more attractive because i already know i am attractive. I joined because eating healthier will lessen my chance of getting my cancer back, also it is better for my bad back and bones, and also for my cholestoral and also for my high blood pressure which is HIGH right now cause of TwistedLiguid and his stupid remarks and shallowness. It is unfortunate that someone like that has made me decide not to do the forums any more And i deleted my pic so i wont gross you out or anyone else who thinks like you. Best of luck on your journey to looking atractive but your still going to be the same JERK on the inside Good bye

Never let an a-hole influence the decisions you make. Then, they win. :flowerforyou:
  • arubabound
    Options
    ok!! If you're skinny and ugly....you'll need plastic surgery to fix that proble. If your fat.....you just need to change you're diet.....AND...have you ever thought that someone you've just met is soooo attractive and then as you get to know them bettter they become less so? And the opposite applies also....so I think most people would rather be pretty than skinny.....because if it's just a question of shedding a few pounds, you're much more likely to feel gorgeous. Finally, not that I'M an expert, but I've heard at last call in most bars, everyone is attractive........j/k...anyone who feels unattractive is low on self esteem, and who are we to dictate what is or isn't attractive? Old folk tale...a child had lost his mother, the king asks what she looks like , the child says she is the most beautiful woman in the world. The king assembles all the "beautiful" women throughout the land...and none of them is the child's mother...you know the ending...need I say more?
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options

Ok,. then the way I see it, you have decided to do something about making yourself 'more physically attractive'. Ok, cool. I wish you the greatest luck.

Now I challenge you to do something about the inside. It's actually not as hard as you are making it.

There is no challenge to be met I am perfectly happy being shallow. I cant stand all of that sugar coated talk. Just like yourself I am who I am personally and thats not going to change.

by the way i believe kathy made a stupid decision. thats what being soft does to you.
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    I love the way you think. that kid was brain washed.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    this is definately a chick question you can't be overweight and attractive thats bull.

Funny I've never had a problem with not being attractive. Guess because I don't spew ugliness when I open my mouth.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    oh and I wouldn't care as long as I am healthy.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ok!! If you're skinny and ugly....you'll need plastic surgery to fix that proble. If your fat.....you just need to change you're diet.....AND...have you ever thought that someone you've just met is soooo attractive and then as you get to know them bettter they become less so?

amen brotha! that's what i'm talking bout
    you can change fat a lot easier than you can change ugly. . .
    and yes, i think that's definitely true about looking at someone and then realizing that they're not as hot as you thought!:wink:

ps bring back the love peoples!:heart:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

There is no challenge to be met I am perfectly happy being shallow. I cant stand all of that sugar coated talk. Just like yourself I am who I am personally and thats not going to change.

by the way i believe kathy made a stupid decision. thats what being soft does to you.

interesting.... i am not sure i see you as shallow.... i see you as a sad child who lacks in his own self confidence and self worth, its too bad, every post you have made in this thread you have belittled yourself or others. Only someone who felt really bad about themselves would do that.
    i hope as you lose weight you gain some self confidence....

j~:ohwell:
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options

interesting.... i am not sure i see you as shallow.... i see you as a sad child who lacks in his own self confidence and self worth, its too bad, every post you have made in this thread you have belittled yourself or others. Only someone who felt really bad about themselves would do that.
    i hope as you lose weight you gain some self confidence....

j~:ohwell:

I havn't belittled anyone. I simply gave one general comment. show me where I have targeted anyone or specifically belittled anyone in this thread. I only see people talking smack about me... calling me shallow and what not. I just get a kick out of that because I know who I am and I certainly do not have self confident issues. It amazes me how much people get upset over this. I'm not impressed by anyones comments here nor do they make me feel worthless. A sad child... haha thats hilarious only if you knew how much I truly love myself and everyone around me.

Here is some background:
    I love My Wife and Child we spend our weekends out in the parks and city attractions. Hangout with friends on weekday afternoons, and constantly see my family for get togethers birthdays and other special occasions. I am proficient with computers from programming to repairing to software applications. I am an advanced artist from sketching to finalized drawings, canvas painting and airbrushing. I can do advanced website design and custom logos. On another note, I enjoy happy hour and lunch with all my co-workers as a civil engineer. I am very successful in my Career and am now working towards obtaining my land surveying license not to mention I do all the drafting myself. I am primary designer for a major gas company, the airport authority, and three major colleges in my area. and most of all I love you guys for entertaining me.

I am no where near a sad child. I feel very successful and confident about myself. I just want my wife and son to enjoy me even more, like I enjoy them.
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    oh my goodness
    I didn't read it all but this was just a question for fun I'm pretty sure!
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    pretty and overweight....that way you can lose the weight and still be pretty
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have been heavier. I have been thin. I have ALWAYS been attractive! :bigsmile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    One question though, who the heck gets to decide if i'm fat or not? Some people look at me and say "You aren't fat" and i'm sure some people are looking at me and thinking to themselves "She's fat". it's all about perspective. I might be heavier to someone and too thin to someone else.

So to twisted, what do you consider overweight an unattractive? Is there a certain weight? Your answer doesn't make sense to me because YOU could consider someone that is 120 lbs overweight while I look at them and think they look damn good. How in the world can you say that we all think that being overweight is unattractive when you don't know what we all consider to be overweight?

*rubs her love handles and ends the post*
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    a person who has more body fat than is optimally healthy. weight is not the only factor without considering height, body type, and relative amount of muscle mass, such as BMI statisical measurements. use the BMI calculator under TOOLS on MFP that will tell you what your Ideal weight is and I beleive it to be accurate with my opion on an overweight individual.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think we all have the right o our opinions and no one here should take that personally (easier said than done)
    Frankly it's true some people find very thin woman unattractive and some people find overweight people attractive..so be it
    Who really cares as long as you like yourself (big or small) and is with someone who feels the same...

To answer the question..overweight and attractive, but i would work to loose the weight

Kim
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    If you were blind and could only listen to what someone has to say, you would be able to tell the beauty of the person, whether it be tall, short, dumpy, fat or thin or "butt ugly" as was said earlier. Personally I feel like beauty comes within and only shows in our outward appearance.

I am sorry that twisted is getting so much negative feedback on this subject but if more men would be like my husband and I am sure there are more out there, maybe women, including myself, would not be so obsessive about our weight, and only want to lose to be healthier.