Going out with the Girls! What's better to drink?

Options
13»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I am normally a beer drinker, I have given up drinking last few weeks because I cant stand taking in the empty calories, but I know that won't happen this time around.

I have heard stick to light beer, some say no vodka with water and lime?? Any input??

Light beer is fine. Amstel Light is 95 calories. Personally, I think beer is more filling. Straight liquor and wine are good, too. I think an average serving is as much as 130 calories. Where you get into trouble is with mixed drinks that have sugary syrups or ingredients.

Lifehacker.com recently had an article on the best alcoholic drinks for weight loss. I would Google it.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    vodka and seltzer has become my friend if I go out.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    White Zin - 80 cal a glass
    Vodka and Sprite Zero - 65 cal a glass

Stay away from rums, dark liquors and anything with sweet and sour is killer with calories
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We do rum and diet coke! Rum 69 cals. (for one ounce of rum) Diet coke none. Drink water in between. :)
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Vodka, lime, and soda water. A 2oz vodka drink of this sort will run you 146 calories per drink.
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    rum & diet coke is usually my choice.
    Rum is about 67 cals per ounce.
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My go to drink is Vodka Water then I add my flavored diet Crystal Light to it. It doesnt have to much sugar and you can control how strong it is.
    My favorite is raspberry lemonade
  • hope2webb
    hope2webb Posts: 421
    Options
    Jeremiah Weed (sweet tea vodka) and water..
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Cherry Vodka and Diet coke, unless they have diet sprite or fresca. Cherry Vodka, vanilla vodka and diet coke is great. About 64 cals per shot. Root of all evil is Diet root beer and absinthe, 150 calories per shot/drink and you won't need many. Shots being 1.5oz
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm heading out for my birthday tomorrow night and plan on drinking white wine. There's about 100 calories in a 5oz glass and I rarely drink, so I figure 4 glasses will do me just fine. :)
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Best Diet Drink EVER!!!!!!!!!
    Club soda (zero cals), bacardi silver (zero sugar), fresh lime, fresh mint, and about 4 Splendas!!! Diet Mojito :)
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Soda water with tons of ice and a lemon wedge. You don't have to drink alcohol just because everyone else is.
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    11 best beers to get you drunk but not fat - (warning - don't look at the beer belly photo!)

http://www.11points.com/food-drink/11_best_beers_to_get_you_drunk_but_not_make_you_fat

I am working my way down the list to find my favorite.
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    Vodka and diet cranberry, or Budweiser select 99 or 55 calories for the beer drinker.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I JUST bought some NEW cystal lite packets - one margarita flavored and one pomtini flavored! They were in the alcohol section. Looks like you mix them with water then add your alcohol. Can't wait to try them.
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    gonna go with everyone and say vodka soda...at 70 calories its easy to have a few and stay in your calorie goal!
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    I guess I'll stick with a dirty vodka martini, just vodka and a splash of olive juice. yummy