how do i lose weight when i'm sick?

Options
Right now i'm really sick with a cough, sniffles, headaches, chills etc. but i don't want this to hinder my weight loss. I'm going a little stir crazy being in bed all day, but I don't have the energy to do anything. What can I do that won't completely exhaust me? The sickness is not ruining my appetite. So i still want to eat, but i don't have the energy to exercise...

Replies

• Brandysaur
    Options
    I had this exact same problem. I lost 16 pounds and I was so close to my goal weight; then, BAM, I was insanely sick and it ALL CAME BACK. I'm back at square one and still ill. Bronchitis that will just not go away.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Try to cut back on calories and don't worry too much about exercise. Your body needs to heal, and stressing it out won't help. Try to fill up on broth and vegetables. Stay away from carbs as much as you can. You can lose weight without exercising if you just lower your calorie intake.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Try to cut back on calories and don't worry too much about exercise. Your body needs to heal, and stressing it out won't help. Try to fill up on broth and vegetables. Stay away from carbs as much as you can. You can lose weight without exercising if you just lower your calorie intake.

Hope you feel better soon.

Bam. Boom. Pop. Good answer!
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was sick with cold/flu symptoms that ended in a full-blown sinus infection and treatment with antibiotics (and then I got better in 2 days) for six weeks. Yikes. My MFP friends really encouraged me to take it easy on the work-outs. I did. I also didn't eat quite as much because I just wasn't hungry. I did up my water intake, though. I still managed to lose 2 pounds a week, and I've kept it off and continued to lose. I finally learned what everybody else knew... you HAVE to give your body rest.
  • beckybo91
    beckybo91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll do just that. I also sat in the steam room at the gym for a while... I hope that it helps. And I'm definitely going to stick to less calories :) Thanks for the advice!