Hello any 50+ out there

Options
Hi my name is Barbara and I finally got off my rump to loose some weight so I can lose weight and get some motivation from other people. I belly dance but that is more for mental fun and just hanging with girls as opposed to sitting at home alone. Nice to meet everyone and please feel free to ping me.

Barbara

Replies

• Dnaski
    Dnaski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbara! I am 50+ and trying to get in shape. It is so hard after 40. Seems after 50 everything stops! Anyway, I am trying......I ran/walked my first 5k a couple of weeks ago so I want to get in shape for the next one in June. What kind of exercises do you do?
  • maryloufreeman
    Options
    Hi I'm 66. Have been working out for a little over a year. Haven't lost much weight, but have gone down one size. Hoping to weight 10lbs less come July. We are going to Hawaii. Our son and daughter-in-law are stationed there with the Air Force.
  • Cherisx
    Cherisx Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    I'm well over 50+ myself. I just started getting myself back on track a couple of days ago. I had a gastric bypass about 4 years ago and lost over 120 lbs. But I recently gained back 10 lbs. in a very short amount of time. I have always gained weight easily and the surgery did not change that. So even though I can't eat a lot of food anymore I can still pack on the calories if I don't watch it. This tool is ideal for me.

I wish you the best of luck in losing weight. I know a few people who belly dance and they trimmed down from doing it. :love:

Tonight I go to Zumba.
  • morgabet1
    morgabet1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Beth. I am 57 and so ready to stop procrastinating and get my health back. I have had 18 inches of my colon removed because of scar tissue and diverticulitis over the years (this was in 2008), I have back problems occasionally and am tired all the time.

I am hoping that new vitamin regime, walking and counting calories will get me back on track.

I have two grown children, but my daughter is back home - starting college in the fall.

My husband just took a job that will have him out of town several days every week. I will miss him. We've never been apart this long, this much. I want to get in shape so I can begin traveling some with him.

I am excited about beginning this journey.

:happy:
  • GoddessInsane
    Options
    With bad knees my running days are over until some more weight comes off. I do ATS (American Tribal Style) Belly dancing once a week for an hour and have gotten back into walking. It would be easier if I had a partner but what can you do. I am working on being more positive and watching my food choices. Best of luck everyone!
  • citydwellers
    Options
    Hello, I'm a 50 something and brand new on this site. I wish you (and me) the best of luck :)
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just turned 51 and feel great!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and working hard to feel like I'm 30! MFP has made a huge difference to my commitment. Please feel free to add me--I'm always happy to motivate anyone who is sincerely trying!
  • nwoolley
    nwoolley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Nancy and I am 54 years old, joined MFP in January and it has helped me shed some pounds... I am almost halfway to my goal weight but since I'm not 30 anymore it takes awhile for it to come off! I work out at home with DVDs and exercise equipment and also at my gym at work. We have a complete gym with fitness classes so I am very fortunate that it is all right at my fingertips. Gone are the days of trying to lose weight without exercising! Please feel free to add me. And anyone else reading this. I am always looking for some friends. I love the group support!
  • mrsbennie
    Options
    My name is Jennifer. It has been difficult for me to lose weight since I hit my mid 40's. I am currently 55, and thrilled to see other people my age also on here. I have never dieted with others before. It will be nice to have support.
    I exercise frequently and watch what I eat. The pounds are shed so slowly that it is difficult to stay motivated. Right now I am pumped and in the zone. I hope I can keep this mindset.
  • GoddessInsane
    Options
    Hi there sorry I missed the post...but as far as exercise goes I go for walks and I do ATS Tribal belly dancing once a week. I used to run but the knees kinda scream too much...so I walk. I work in Manhattan so walking around involves a lot of weaving and dodging...plus the fact I work near midtown so the pedestrian traffic is heavy. But the weather is nicer so I do walk more.
  • GoddessInsane
    Options
    Hi Nancy!

I haven't gotten the nerve to join a gym....it isn't my thing. I tried it but I felt out of the loop with everything and decided walking and home exercise was better for me. Please add me to your friends list...us 50+ gals have to stick together!