Road ID (great for runners)

Options
LuckyAng
LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
ankleID_md_original.jpg

The Ankle ID is constructed of comfortable and flexible neoprene so it does not interfere with your natural movement. Laser engraved with your emergency contact information. Peace of mind included!

http://www.roadid.com/Catalog.aspx?C=RoadID&Style=the-Ankle-ID

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I've seen them for the wrist before too. Absolutely a fabulous idea!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard from first responders, get the wrist one. They will always check your pulse and will see it.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard from first responders, get the wrist one. They will always check your pulse and will see it.

Ooh, good call!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    They also sell one that goes on your running shoes. The wrist might be a better overall location but attached to my shoes I won't ever forget to wear it.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    They also sell one that goes on your running shoes. The wrist might be a better overall location but attached to my shoes I won't ever forget to wear it.

These are the worst to get actually. Often when a person is hit by a car, the force actually knocks them out of their shoes. Scary but true.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I have one. On my shoe. ID, emergency contacts, allergies, the police file number of the guy stalking me . . .
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have the wrist one with emergency contact numbers, blood type, health insurance # etc - any time I'm without my wallet it's on my wrist.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have one that I wear when running. When my son was younger I had one for him that he wore when we went to Disney or any other crowded place. It was nice to know my cell number was on him if he couldn't remember it.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    When we went to Disney, I researched all sorts of methods of tagging my son. What I ended up doing was putting my phone number on his arm with a Sharpie. Waterproof, visible, he couldn't decide to take it off, nor could anyone else.
    I have one that I wear when running. When my son was younger I had one for him that he wore when we went to Disney or any other crowded place. It was nice to know my cell number was on him if he couldn't remember it.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

These are the worst to get actually. Often when a person is hit by a car, the force actually knocks them out of their shoes. Scary but true.

It is true. A friend of mine was hit while running and ended up shoeless from the impact. He's lucky to be alive. I have friends who attach their Road IDs to their bikes, which is really beyond useless. No one's going to look a the bike to check for allergies or medical conditions.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Can you buy in stores also?
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Can you buy in stores also?

Nope...they are custom engraved.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got the wrist one for my husband - he's a bicyclist. I agree that the wrist makes the most sense for all the reasons given. Now thinking I should get one for myself since I've started running.

Great call on the sharpie on the arm too - we used to sharpie our son's belly when we'd go to crowded places - he was really good at lifting up his shirt and it was easy to train him to do that when he was really young.
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've had the wrist version for over a year now, and I never hit the pavement without it. It has held up really well. I even wear it while showering after a run to clean it and keep it from smelling funky! :)
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My Mom - the chronic worry queen - just called me yesterday to tell me she ordered one for me. It's a great idea!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thats a great thing to have! Thanks for sharing