Do I Need a HRM?

Options
I've been looking up different HRMs and if I got one, all I'd want is a incredibly simple one. I don't need extra little things, I don't even care if it tells me the time.

But I'm wondering, so I need it to tell me the calories burned?
Or can I just get one that tells me my average heart rate and find a calculator that will tell me about how many calories I burned?

Replies

• RCSimmonds
    Options
    It's good to get one that tells you your calories as gym machines are mostly really wrong, and much easier than trying to calculate it. I always use mine when interval training to make sure I leave enough time to get my heart rate down again. If you haven't done interval training find some info about it and give it a go. I have found that it increases the calories burnt and I don't have to work as hard as I was when doing a steady rate of training.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I think they are a really good investment and a great tool for the person serious about loosing weight. The Timex Fitness HRMs are pretty simple. It is a chest strap with watch and is under $50.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    It's good to get one that tells you your calories as gym machines are mostly really wrong, and much easier than trying to calculate it. I always use mine when interval training to make sure I leave enough time to get my heart rate down again. If you haven't done interval training find some info about it and give it a go. I have found that it increases the calories burnt and I don't have to work as hard as I was when doing a steady rate of training.

Interval training is actually my favorite form of exercise. That's part of the reason I've been wanting a HRM. :wink: