Birthday Events

Options
My birthday is approaching rather quickly.

What do you do for your birthday? Do you cheat on your diet and have cake? Or do you have healthy options?

My family always goes out to dinner with dessert of some sort and then at my party I usually drink and have lots of snacks.

Is it okay to cheat these two days? ( I mean I know it is and I know its up to me but I want to hear what YOU do ).

Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Calories don't exist on birthdays... I thought everybody knew that?

Joking aside, have cake, have whatever you want. One day won't ruin anything. Just make sure it doesn't turn into a birthday weekend, or week, or month. :P
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My birthday is this Sunday and I totally plan on splurging! My kids are planning to make me a cake so I'd hate to offend them by not eating a piece of it...LOL!
  • kikiwilkinson
    Options
    Hahaaa okay sounds good to me! Thanks guys!

Happy early birthday, mine is the tenth!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on Sunday as well and I'm going out to supper to Swiss Chalet (Canadian rotisserie chicken chain restaurant). I'm going to still enjoy my meal, but I'm making healthier choices. Beside MFP, I also track with WW so I have it all planned out - I'm getting 1/4 chicken breast (6 points), a baked potato with just a bit of butter (5 points) as opposed to french fries (11 points), skipping the roll, and even though I really want a slice of cheesecake for dessert (17 points), I'm going to get the coconut cream pie instead (7 points). I'm allowed 26 points for the day and this meal will take up 18 of them, so I'll just load up on veggies and fruit earlier in the day.
  • fearlesskate
    fearlesskate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Shout out to the April Fools babies :) I'm taking the few days before my birthday and being very vigilant with my diet! Tomorrow night and Sunday I'm celebrating my birthday. I'm excited for some delicious Greek food tomorrow :)

Happy birthday everyone! Enjoy, but don't overdo it ;)
  • tccx
    tccx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just celebrated my bd on wednesday , just 3 days after discovering this site!
    Didn't know what to do!
    So I happened to be watching dr. Oz after work, and he had people talking about healthy choices at restaurants! So we went to one of the ones he suggested -olive garden and had the Venetian apricot chicken- 400 calories +, 1/2 breadstick,+ salad, + Caesar drink. It was great, the meal had lots of vegetables, and I even had a very small slice of birthday cake at home. I am such a newbie to this site, I was constantly checking this site for the calories of everything I was having (I have a patient hubbie!)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    well i had mine on the 12th. someone brought me a GINORMOUS cake.... i didnt know what to do with it!!
    so i sectioned it... froze a big part and then ate a bit each day and stayed within my cals...so i got to enjoy it the whole week.. then i put it away in the freezer...

i think its possible to stay close to if not within your cal limit...
    for me...i didnt want to wake up the next morning and feel bad at all about my birthday binge...so i may have eaten a tad bit over..but not too much