peckish after the gym help?

Options
i have just started going to the gym this week and i find i am hungry after finishing my 1 hour work out i drink loads druing the exercise so i know its not that
can anyone suggest a good food to have after gym thats not going to ruin the work i do at the gym

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You're in luck! The best time to eat is right after a workout. Believe it or not, a lot of athletes have a glass of lowfat chocolate milk after a hard workout. Google "Recovery Meals"
  • gmjminsz
    gmjminsz Posts: 26
    Options
    You need carbs and protein after your workout, and you should eat within 2 hours. Any of the following is fine PWO before your meal.

Glass of whole milk, not low fat. You need fat to absorb protein properly. Low fat anything = bad. Fat rocks.
    Banana + protein shake.
    Peanut butter + bread
    Almonds/cashews/nuts

As long as you're eating clean, you won't ruin what you've done in the gym. However, you will if you don't eat enough.

"Believe it or not, a lot of athletes have a glass of lowfat chocolate milk"

I'm in the not believe camp :tongue:
  • christinerush
    Options
    Hi, I have a protein shake after the gym and it really starves off the hunger pangs! :smile:
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You need carbs and protein after your workout, and you should eat within 2 hours. Any of the following is fine PWO before your meal.

Glass of whole milk, not low fat. You need fat to absorb protein properly. Low fat anything = bad. Fat rocks.
    Banana + protein shake.
    Peanut butter + bread
    Almonds/cashews/nuts

As long as you're eating clean, you won't ruin what you've done in the gym. However, you will if you don't eat enough.

"Believe it or not, a lot of athletes have a glass of lowfat chocolate milk"

I'm in the not believe camp :tongue:

I like how you say how important fat is then you say a lot of athletes have low fat chocolate milk
  • gmjminsz
    gmjminsz Posts: 26
    Options
    I was quoting the girl above (chelso0o). I said I don't believe it. In fact, I can't imagine how you missed that.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I have a banana smoothie. usually