Celebrity Encounters (Where?)

Options

Replies

• Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Probably the two most famous people I ever met were Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, around 1995.

My buddy in college was a part-time security guard at The Phoenician, a resort here in Phoenix. He called me one day and said, "Holy ****, man, Plant and Page are down by the pool. Get your *kitten* down here!" So I and my ex-fiancee (who I was still friends with) raced down there and met them. Plant was surrounded by chicks. Page was apparently high or drunk and was hanging out with some 19-year-old. Both were nice, and both graciously signed my copy of Led Zeppelin I.

I've met a few others: Larry King at Newark Airport; members of the Georgia Satellites at a record store in Detroit; Marty Friedman, formerly of Megadeth, at a KISS concert in Phoenix; members of the Offspring at the airport here in Phoenix; and baseball Hall of Famer Al Kaline, in Michigan, sometime in the '70s, I believe (my dad took me).

I just met Tony Horton about a month ago at a restaurant in Orlando, Florida. He was very nice. I said hello to him, and he stopped and chatted with me for a few minutes before he left.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Matt Damon, Geoffrey Rush, LL Cool J, WWE & TNA stars, Willem Dafoe, People from American Pie (all of them) Basically you name them I've met them in person. It's what I do. It's what all 3 of us here do. We have done that for 16 years now. Name anyone famous, we've met them & loved every moment. Music, movies, sport. Met them all. :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    Ironically, my first was Johnny Depp at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, IL.

I also met Bill Clinton & Chelsea Handler. Oh and Spike Lee, Gary Sinise, Molly Shannon...

Chelsea's shows (Chelsea Lately and After Lately) are incredibly funny. It would be fun to meet her.
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    i have a long list, but Geraldo Rivera used to be my boss.

You know, I'm not a fan of Geraldo's, but those interviews he did with Charles Manson are legendary. He's the only person who's ever done a credible job of interviewing that whack job, and many have tried. And for that, I give him a lot of credit. Al Capone's vault ... well, that's another story. :smile:
  • mandyjoy12
    mandyjoy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from Duluth Mn so I never see anyone famous but I got to go to the premiere of I hope they serve beer in hell and take a pic with Tucker Max (which is ironic because if anyone knows who that is, he talks so bad about fat chicks lol!!!!)
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I will name the ones I can remember
    When I worked at the airport I have met

Harry Anderson (Night Court tv show)
    Tom Skerritt
    Morgan Freeman
    Madonna
    Kyle Maclachlan
    Harry Connick Jr (he was sooooo drunk)
    HHH (wrestler)
    Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan (when they were filming Sleepless in Seattle)
    Steven Tyler and Joe Perry (Aerosmith)
    Alanis Morissette (my favorite!)
    Carl Weathers
    Sylvester Stallone
    Chris Isaak
    different NBA players when the teams came through the airport

From horror conventions
    Bill Mosley
    Sid Haig
    Kane Hodder
    Michael Berryman
    Leslie Easterbrook
    Tony Todd
    Ken Foree
    Nancy Kyes
    Charles Cyphers
    Tom Atkins
    Adrienne Barbeau
    Reggie Banister

I know I have met more but those are the ones I can remember
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    lawerence taylor (NYG) 1990 at Boggies night club in EO, NJ
    Dion Warwick at Church in Newark NJ.
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oh geesh! former president Bill Clinton came to my Church in Newark Nj,
    Al Sharpton church in Newark NJ
    Whitney Houston church in Newark, NJ
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Pantera - they played all the metal clubs in Dallas and I met them all more than once. I was there one night when they shot one of their videos at The Basement.

Mwaaa! I found the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7EQlfprV9E&ob=av2e

I was in the audience for this. It was shot at The Basement in Dallas. The video makes this place look huge, but it was really pretty small. At 0:59 one of the guys who gets onstage is my best friend's younger brother. (it's hard to see. He's blonde and wearing a black shirt)

I wish i could sleep. I've been screwing around on the net entirely too long tonight. lol
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Only meet and greets after concerts. I have met a coupe of peeps that thought they were celebrities.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Only meet and greets after concerts. I have met a coupe of peeps that thought they were celebrities.

Meet and greets count. Who did you meet?
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Marty Jannetty, I was working at Blockbuster, and he came in to rent movies, Alvin, TX (2000).
    Booker T (his wife was with him, but she hadn't started wrestling yet) at 24 Hour Fitness in Friendswood, TX (2003).
    If anyone ever saw the episode of Tony Danza's morning talk show where he tried using a skateboard and fell, I was on the sidewalk watching him when that happened, didn't get to meet him, but I remember seeing that episode air later. (2005)
    Hugh Grant, same day as when I saw Danza take his spill, he had been on Live with Regis and Kelly that day and I was outside the studio when he came out. He shook hands with everyone who was standing out there. (2005)
    I sort of met Meredith Viera, the same day the above two happened, I was outside ABC studios because I was trying to get on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" so she came out and talked to all of us before we took the test (I didn't pass).
    Ben Weasel and Dan Vapid, went to a Screeching Weasel concert and hung around afterwards, they showed up at the booth and signed autographs. (2010)
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Hulk Hogan like every weekend because I lived on Clearwater Beach in Florida. :) Cool dude.
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    I will name the ones I can remember
    When I worked at the airport I have met

Harry Anderson (Night Court tv show)
    Tom Skerritt
    Morgan Freeman
    Madonna
    Kyle Maclachlan
    Harry Connick Jr (he was sooooo drunk)
    HHH (wrestler)
    Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan (when they were filming Sleepless in Seattle)
    Steven Tyler and Joe Perry (Aerosmith)
    Alanis Morissette (my favorite!)
    Carl Weathers
    Sylvester Stallone
    Chris Isaak
    different NBA players when the teams came through the airport

From horror conventions
    Bill Mosley
    Sid Haig
    Kane Hodder
    Michael Berryman
    Leslie Easterbrook
    Tony Todd
    Ken Foree
    Nancy Kyes
    Charles Cyphers
    Tom Atkins
    Adrienne Barbeau
    Reggie Banister

I know I have met more but those are the ones I can remember

You met Reggie Bannister? That's pretty awesome. I love the Phantasm series, especially the first one. :smile:
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Gabe of Cobra Starship at The Beaumont Club in KCMO. Really nice guy. He talked to my daughter who was 14 then and signed her hoodie that she bought at a previous concert.

Met the mom from E.T. at a church in KC when I was a kid.

Got a hug from John Schnieder of Dukes of Hazzard when I was a kid. Met him at Worlds of Fun in KCMO when he became a country singer and I saw him in concert.

Met Marilyn Manson in the 90s at a party when I dated a goth DJ. He stole my vodka.

Met alot goth industrial bands by doing live concert photography for a goth DJ/promoter friend
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Rhianna- Vancouver!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Jack Black, was behind him in the line at Starbucks in Whistler, BC. He was super friendly, chatting to everyone.
    Orlando Bloom, in a restaurant in Vancouver.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Coby Bryant goes to a Mexican restaurant I frequent. He often comes in after a game and reserves the place late nights where they have the place all to themselves. I see him there at least twice a month, its about .5 miles from his home in Newport. However, now that he's divorced and given those homes to the ex, don't know if he'll be back or will it be her turn!!!!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Coby Bryant goes to a Mexican restaurant I frequent. He often comes in after a game and reserves the place late nights where they have the place all to themselves. I see him there at least twice a month, its about .5 miles from his home in Newport. However, now that he's divorced and given those homes to the ex, don't know if he'll be back or will it be her turn!!!!

It's Kobe.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Mariah Carey - Patient at a dental office I used to work at

So jealous! Mariah is my idol!

Not mine. She was high as a kite, and kept asking me to turn up the nitrous. But, she was in the chair for a long time and at least 3 of her songs came on during her appointment.
    M

Due to Hepa laws, are you allowed to say that??

We don't get out. LOL We visit Disney World once a year and usually meet celebs there.

Mark McGrath-such a cutie and nice
    Raven Simone-sweet heart

I have a friend who is a cartoonist , Stacy Curtis, and has several books published.