muay thai boxing

Options
hey guuys i do hour of thai boxing on a mon and tuesday want to put tht into my exercise posts but dnt knw how many calories tht burns anyone got any idea's on what i can put in kind regards crummie

Replies

• journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think Tae Bo and boxing are listed in the exercise database. You could also make your own exercise, and use a heart rate monitor to figure your calories burned.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Guessing between 600-800. You warm up with three x three minute jump rope, then do pad drills? Technique drills burn less.
  • KM11102011
    Options
    1. You're awesome and now I need to watch Ong-Bak: TW fight scenes.
    2. I would also go with an HRM. I've burned way more calories than MFP estimates when I log kickboxing.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Here is a calculator I use to figure out my burn for other exercises not listed by MFP. Then I just make a custom exercise and input my calories. Or if you have a Heart rate monitor use that. :)
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    1. You're awesome and now I need to watch Ong-Bak: TW fight scenes.
    2. I would also go with an HRM. I've burned way more calories than MFP estimates when I log kickboxing.

Love Ong BAk haha!!
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'd go with HRM as well, then you know it's more likely to be correct for you personally :) you can pick up a pretty basic model for not too much :)
  • lilCrummie
    lilCrummie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks x
  • jaithai
    Options
    according to BBC's website, it is 800 calories an hour, but I'm assuming that's with minimal breaks. Guess it's between 700 to 1000